Man Utd Thread:

Started by full back, November 10, 2006, 08:13:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dag Dog

Quote from: An Watcher on August 15, 2023, 11:33:31 AM
Haha, must be a wind up.  Forward nicks the ball past the keeper and keeper clatters him then it's a penalty.  Always the way.  Happened last night and no penalty.  Very odd
You've described a case where the forward has control of the ball.
Players regularly collide when going up for a cross. Those aren't given as penalties.

Square Ball

Harry going to fight for his place.

From the BBC

Harry Maguire's move to West Ham is off with the defender intent on staying at Manchester United to fight for his place in the first team.

The England international, 30, looked set to join the Hammers after a £30m fee was agreed between the clubs.

Maguire struggled for first-team opportunities last season and was stripped of the captaincy this season.

However, United have maintained they would respect his wishes and did not want to push him out of the club.
Hospitals are not equipped to treat stupid

trailer

Quote from: Square Ball on August 16, 2023, 10:29:06 AM

From the BBC

Harry Maguire's move to West Ham is off with the defender intent on staying at Manchester United to fight for his place in the first team.

The England international, 30, looked set to join the Hammers after a £30m fee was agreed between the clubs.

Maguire struggled for first-team opportunities last season and was stripped of the captaincy this season.

However, United have maintained they would respect his wishes and did not want to push him out of the club.

He'll rot on the bench and lose his England place for the Euros. Not the smartest tool our Arry.

snoopdog

Quote from: trailer on August 16, 2023, 10:47:46 AM
Quote from: Square Ball on August 16, 2023, 10:29:06 AM

From the BBC

He'll rot on the bench and lose his England place for the Euros. Not the smartest tool our Arry.
If he moves to West ham and is as shit he def won't be going to the euros. I had a feeling he wouldn't want to go to West ham.

gallsman

He's going to get paid a massive amount more than he would have at West ham. Think he's smart enough.

Have to laugh at the arrogance of big clubs simply expecting players to voluntarily give up truck loads of cash that they're contractually entitled to so that the club can receive a transfer fee.

NAG1

Quote from: gallsman on August 16, 2023, 11:48:30 AM
He's going to get paid a massive amount more than he would have at West ham. Think he's smart enough.

Have to laugh at the arrogance of big clubs simply expecting players to voluntarily give up truck loads of cash that they're contractually entitled to so that the club can receive a transfer fee.

He is angling for a bigger pay out, he goes now he would be entitled to 15m if the club are looking him out.

Apparently he has been offered 6m, I would imagine there is a compromise to be had there. More money to get him off the books and he wants to be playing regularly coming up to the Euros.

marty34

You'd think Maguire would want a fresh start.

New club and new manager would do him the world of good I reckon.

gallsman

Quote from: NAG1 on August 16, 2023, 11:55:53 AM

He is angling for a bigger pay out, he goes now he would be entitled to 15m if the club are looking him out.

Apparently he has been offered 6m, I would imagine there is a compromise to be had there. More money to get him off the books and he wants to be playing regularly coming up to the Euros.

He's entitled to the entirety of the remainder of his contract. Why would he settle for a penny less?

Quote from: marty34 on August 16, 2023, 11:56:25 AM

I'm sure he would, but not at this own expense

marty34

Quote from: gallsman on August 16, 2023, 12:00:40 PM
Quote from: NAG1 on August 16, 2023, 11:55:53 AM

He's entitled to the entirety of the remainder of his contract. Why would he settle for a penny less?

Quote from: marty34 on August 16, 2023, 11:56:25 AM

I'm sure he would, but not at this own expense

True but I'm sure his agent could negoiate a good deal for him.

He needs first team football or sit on the bench.

gallsman

What's a "good" deal? Anything less than the entirety of what he's entitled to and he's giving up money. If United want him off the books so badly, make him whole, i.e. whatever the difference he'd be making in his current deal vs what's on offer from West Ham over the equivalent period.

trailer

If he had any self respect he'd move on, money or not. I get that he feels entitled to pick up £200k odd a week for the next 2 years, but surely he can see the fans will not like that. It's a legacy of Woodward and OGS two absolute shitheads.

gallsman

Lol, "self respect". Catch yourself on. Routinely accept less money than you're owed, do you? Why should it be any different for a footballer?

It's not that he "feels" entitled. He is entitled, end of. That's how contracts work.

statto

Quote from: trailer on August 16, 2023, 12:28:30 PM
If he had any self respect he'd move on, money or not. I get that he feels entitled to pick up £200k odd a week for the next 2 years, but surely he can see the fans will not like that. It's a legacy of Woodward and OGS two absolute shitheads.
I am sure Harry gives a shite about the fans who childishly boo him, just right to dig his heals in even to Christmas and get a move in January. 

trailer

Quote from: gallsman on August 16, 2023, 12:34:54 PM
Lol, "self respect". Catch yourself on. Routinely accept less money than you're owed, do you? Why should it be any different for a footballer?

It's not that he "feels" entitled. He is entitled, end of. That's how contracts work.

I totally get how contracts work and I agree he's 100% entitled to the money. The point I am making is that as a footballer with aspirations to play football you'd think he'd look for another club where he could play football. I am sure he looked last year and saw the EtH preferred a LB at CB instead of him? Surely he realises he's not going to play? 

Mike Tyson

Maguire perfectly entitled to stay and receive his wages while sitting on the bench and not playing. Football no different to any other workplace in that you'll get employees with no motivation to better themselves and coast along collecting their wage.

You'd think with a euro's coming up, regular first team football and securing his England spot would be the priority over money but obviously not.

If I was in a workplace were I effectively got demoted twice (losing captaincy & first team place)and told there was no plans for me, I'd be fairly eager to move on regardless of money owed. Maybe it's different when you're a multimillionaire.