Man Utd Thread:

Started by full back, November 10, 2006, 08:13:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Armagh18

Quote from: RedHand88 on January 11, 2023, 09:21:31 AM
Quote from: trailer on January 11, 2023, 08:41:56 AM
Rashford is the best player in the world right now.

Hi Marcus!
Don't bite. But seriously, he's flying at the minute and it is great to see. He is a properly decent lad who's struggled a lot with injuries and form the last couple of years, looks a new man now.

Ethan Tremblay

Quote from: Armagh18 on January 11, 2023, 09:28:31 AM
Quote from: RedHand88 on January 11, 2023, 09:21:31 AM
Quote from: trailer on January 11, 2023, 08:41:56 AM
Rashford is the best player in the world right now.

Hi Marcus!
Don't bite. But seriously, he's flying at the minute and it is great to see. He is a properly decent lad who's struggled a lot with injuries and form the last couple of years, looks a new man now.

Great to see him performing to his potential, he could have faded away like so many young promising united players that have came before him. 

Great to see united performing consistently also over the past run of games.  Christmas is usually the time teams slip up to inferior sides, so important united have kept that run going. 

City will be a good acid test for them and let them know where they really are.  United are going into this game on a winning streak, so confidence in getting some type of result should be high you would expect, as opposed to previous few years where you feared they were going to get battered. 
I tend to think of myself as a one man wolfpack...

Milltown Row2

City and Arsenal will (on their current form also) fancy themselves too, if City select the right players to hit Utd's weakness then they will have a field day, Haaland will make Martinez look so small and dominate him... Lately though there has been a small chink in Haaland, has he lost his cool a bit the last day out and was getting involved in things.

Utd will have to play on the break and if Rashford can get in behind that strong defence then he might have a chance, I don't think that Utd can hold them scoreless so there will be goals galore in this game!

Utd  would be happy with 2 draws, get them out of the way and move on
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Armagh18

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on January 11, 2023, 10:17:48 AM
City and Arsenal will (on their current form also) fancy themselves too, if City select the right players to hit Utd's weakness then they will have a field day, Haaland will make Martinez look so small and dominate him... Lately though there has been a small chink in Haaland, has he lost his cool a bit the last day out and was getting involved in things.

Utd will have to play on the break and if Rashford can get in behind that strong defence then he might have a chance, I don't think that Utd can hold them scoreless so there will be goals galore in this game!

Utd  would be happy with 2 draws, get them out of the way and move on
It's not the size of the dog in the fight it's the size of fight in the dog ;). Looking forward to it, bound to be an improvement on the last shitshow vs City anyway.

magpie seanie

United far from the finished article and badly short at centre forward. Need more goals overall but there's a bit of shape to them. City are CL or bust this season but I think they'll be up for the derby.

NAG1

Yeah I think the CL is looming large for Pep and City until they get that and probably after (if they do) they will still be regarded as a plastic club.

In their last few games there have been periods where they have been lax enough, trouble for United is to be still in the game when/ if one of these periods occurs. I don't think you can sit off them for the entire 90, nor do I think they are good enough to go toe to toe with them. So it will probably come down to a couple of moments and hopefully having enough quality then to take advantage.

Regardless of the result i think strides are being made in the right direction and has been said realistically most fans know the team are short of that very top level.

Armagh18

Quote from: NAG1 on January 11, 2023, 11:55:33 AM
Yeah I think the CL is looming large for Pep and City until they get that and probably after (if they do) they will still be regarded as a plastic club.

In their last few games there have been periods where they have been lax enough, trouble for United is to be still in the game when/ if one of these periods occurs. I don't think you can sit off them for the entire 90, nor do I think they are good enough to go toe to toe with them. So it will probably come down to a couple of moments and hopefully having enough quality then to take advantage.

Regardless of the result i think strides are being made in the right direction and has been said realistically most fans know the team are short of that very top level.
Think thats all can be asked for after the last near decade of shite.

snoopdog

Heading to the Leicester game 19th Feb.  Haven't been since pre covid. Flying in to John lennon. Is there still a frequent bus service from liverpool airport straight in to Manchester city centre.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: snoopdog on January 12, 2023, 01:05:50 PM
Heading to the Leicester game 19th Feb.  Haven't been since pre covid. Flying in to John lennon. Is there still a frequent bus service from liverpool airport straight in to Manchester city centre.

I don't think there is, someone had this discussion early on one of the threads so he'd be best to tell you, but think you need to head into Liverpool get off at Parkway station and get train into Manchester.
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

snoopdog

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on January 12, 2023, 01:16:14 PM
Quote from: snoopdog on January 12, 2023, 01:05:50 PM

I don't think there is, someone had this discussion early on one of the threads so he'd be best to tell you, but think you need to head into Liverpool get off at Parkway station and get train into Manchester.
Thanks Milltown. Pity it was a good service. Used it a good bit before.

Norf Tyrone

Snoop

I was over last week and had the same query. There doesnt appear to be a coach from John Lennon to Manchester.

I took a bus from the airport to Parkway South which is 15/20 mins and there depending you might get a train to Manchester or you can take a 5 min train to Lime St where options are greater.

A taxi from JLA to Parkway was £15 for a 2 mile journey so avoid that. The bus is £2.

Seems odd you have to go back to Liverpool and back on yourself to get to Manchester.
Owen Roe O'Neills GAC, Leckpatrick, Tyrone

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Norf Tyrone on January 12, 2023, 03:14:03 PM
Snoop

I was over last week and had the same query. There doesnt appear to be a coach from John Lennon to Manchester.

I took a bus from the airport to Parkway South which is 15/20 mins and there depending you might get a train to Manchester or you can take a 5 min train to Lime St where options are greater.

A taxi from JLA to Parkway was £15 for a 2 mile journey so avoid that. The bus is £2.

Seems odd you have to go back to Liverpool and back on yourself to get to Manchester.

Yeah, 45 minutes to Old Trafford but1 hour 40 the public transport way!!

The bus set up is great, £2 but 7 or 8 minutes extra takes you straight into Lime street and as you say the trains are regular enough, depending there are no strikes then you are fcuked !

snoopdog

Snoop

Brilliant. Thanks Norf Tyrone. Birmingham might be handier :D

Milltown Row2

Quote from: snoopdog on January 12, 2023, 03:19:04 PM
Snoop

Leeds is actually a quicker, 15 minutes to town and a train into Manchester, or just fly to Manchester !!

The cheaper route is not always the best!!

snoopdog

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on January 12, 2023, 03:24:20 PM
Quote from: snoopdog on January 12, 2023, 03:19:04 PM
Snoop

Leeds is actually a quicker, 15 minutes to town and a train into Manchester, or just fly to Manchester !!

The cheaper route is not always the best!!
That's true but it's nearly 300 euro return to Manchester. Usually do fly direct.