Author Topic: Man Utd Thread:  (Read 4453427 times)

nrico2006

• View Profile
Re: Man Utd Thread:
« Reply #50655 on: November 23, 2022, 05:27:36 PM »
The economic climate, super league collapse and Chelsea sale are the main drivers behind this.
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

mrdeeds

• View Profile
« Reply #50656 on: November 23, 2022, 07:53:06 PM »
The Glazers bought Manure for £790m. 2 years previously the club were champions.

Chelsea was recently sold for £4bn. Manure would be worth something similar.
The last trophy won by the club was in 2017. The last title was 2013. Go figure.

Chelsea was sold for 2.5 Billion. This is considered way over price as football clubs aren't really profit makers. The extra couple Billion was a commitment to upgrading facilities.

johnnycool

• View Profile
« Reply #50657 on: November 24, 2022, 09:07:08 AM »
The Glazers bought Manure for £790m. 2 years previously the club were champions.

Chelsea was recently sold for £4bn. Manure would be worth something similar.
The last trophy won by the club was in 2017. The last title was 2013. Go figure.

The Glazers bought Manu for SFA, the leveraged loan meant that Man U bought Man U on the never never, the Glazers were never on the hook for a brass farthing.

They bled off Utd like the parasites they are.

Armamike

• View Profile
« Reply #50658 on: November 24, 2022, 10:20:36 AM »
The collapse of the super league plan is smoking out a few of the owners, like the Glazers and FSG.  It will take someone with very deep pockets to buy a club like Man U these days, especially given the investment we're hearing about that's needed in the stadium and training facilities. Probably one of the oil nations coming in again.  The Glazers will probably hold out for a very high offer so there's no guarantee the club will be sold anytime soon.
From doubters to believers again.

Armagh18

• View Profile
« Reply #50659 on: November 24, 2022, 10:23:36 AM »
Rumours of Beckham heading a consortium to buy United. Maybe heís gonna be the face for his Qatari buddies?

Is Ratcliffe a serious option? Could he afford it?

As a United fan I donít particularly care who buys it, as long as they put decent football men in charge of the football side and donít get involved in signings etc themselves.

trailer

• View Profile
« Reply #50660 on: November 24, 2022, 10:35:29 AM »
This club needs 2billion invested in it.

1b on a new stadium.
500m on training facilities
500m on the team.

Eyewatering.

Turf

• View Profile
« Reply #50661 on: November 24, 2022, 10:55:05 AM »

1b on a new stadium.
500m on the team.

Eyewatering.
500mill on training facilities!? Liverpool spent 50mill on a brand new state of the art training centre.

Armagh18

• View Profile
« Reply #50662 on: November 24, 2022, 11:04:28 AM »

1b on a new stadium.
500m on the team.

Eyewatering.
500mill on training facilities!? Liverpool spent 50mill on a brand new state of the art training centre.
United already built Leicesters for around £80m lol

laoislad

• View Profile
« Reply #50663 on: November 25, 2022, 07:13:21 AM »
Looking for recommendations for a hotel that is near enough Old Trafford but also near enough city centre?
Heading over in April to run the Manchester Marathon, the start finish line is around Old Trafford somewhere. Will be flying home soon after the race that evening so if I can get a late check out at hotel so I can shower etc so hopefully get a hotel near enough the city so I can get back to Airport without much hassle, but want it also near enough Old Trafford so I donít have a big walk the morning of the race.
When you think youíre fucked youíre only about 40% fucked.

Square Ball

• View Profile
« Reply #50664 on: November 25, 2022, 10:44:13 AM »
Loads of names being mentioned for potential buyers, I see Apple is the latest to be mentioned.
Hospitals are not equipped to treat stupid

nrico2006

• View Profile
« Reply #50665 on: November 25, 2022, 11:57:43 AM »
Loads of names being mentioned for potential buyers, I see Apple is the latest to be mentioned.

Some of the names mentioned look promising. Apple would be unreal.
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

Armagh18

• View Profile
« Reply #50666 on: November 25, 2022, 01:52:33 PM »

Apple would be in it to make money. Probably rename the stadium which would be an absolute no go for most United fans.

trailer

• View Profile
« Reply #50667 on: November 25, 2022, 02:10:51 PM »

Apple would be in it to make money. Probably rename the stadium which would be an absolute no go for most United fans.

I think most fans are resigned to naming rights if it means you get a brand new stadium. I would be.

Maroon Manc

• View Profile
« Reply #50668 on: November 25, 2022, 02:21:12 PM »
Looking for recommendations for a hotel that is near enough Old Trafford but also near enough city centre?
Heading over in April to run the Manchester Marathon, the start finish line is around Old Trafford somewhere. Will be flying home soon after the race that evening so if I can get a late check out at hotel so I can shower etc so hopefully get a hotel near enough the city so I can get back to Airport without much hassle, but want it also near enough Old Trafford so I donít have a big walk the morning of the race.

The Hilton at the Old Trafford cricket ground or Trafford Hall hotel are very close to Old Trafford and both are one side of metrolink stations, only ten mins on a tram into town (Hilton-Old Trafford met stop & Trafford Hall Hotel-Trafford Bar met stop). £6 or £7 in a taxi to town from there too.

laoislad

• View Profile
« Reply #50669 on: November 25, 2022, 07:34:48 PM »
The Hilton at the Old Trafford cricket ground or Trafford Hall hotel are very close to Old Trafford and both are one side of metrolink stations, only ten mins on a tram into town (Hilton-Old Trafford met stop & Trafford Hall Hotel-Trafford Bar met stop). £6 or £7 in a taxi to town from there too.
Cheers, will check them out.
« Last Edit: November 25, 2022, 10:25:32 PM by laoislad »
When you think youíre fucked youíre only about 40% fucked.