Man Utd Thread:

Started by full back, November 10, 2006, 08:13:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

gallsman

I wonder does Boycey continue to argue that Maguire only gets so much criticism because "it's fashionable" rather than the real reason, that he's f**king terrible.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: gallsman on March 07, 2022, 12:36:40 PM
I wonder does Boycey continue to argue that Maguire only gets so much criticism because "it's fashionable" rather than the real reason, that he's f**king terrible.

It's as if he has a sign (on his head) saying shoot through my legs!
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Dire Ear

Lazy and overpaid;  actually thought they'd up their game yesterday,  if only for pride in the jersey.
( From a Liverpool supporter)

quit yo jibbajabba

if Maguire had stayed where he was he wouldve been fine. Likewise for wan bissaka. Crazy fees paid for mid table players. The 2 midfielders are soooo average most of the time and Rashfords form has fell off a cliff. Add in a cr7 and cavani sized set of egos and its not a great mix

Armamike

This isn't a dig, more an observation but it looks like many of the Man u fans here, like Maroon, Seanie, Boycey etc have stopped contributing to this thread or have left the board completely.
That's just, like your opinion man.

yellowcard

Worst bunch of players I've ever seen at Old Trafford and considering the price tags on some of them, that is an indictment on the management within the club. Contrast that with Citys management and the difference is night and day. Listening to City fans oleing every pass with 10 minutes to go in a derby match, it is hard to believe that it is only about 10 years ago that Fergie labelled them noisy neighbours but the trajectory of both clubs since he left is like night and day. Maguire takes a lot of the flack and he is not good enough but it wasn't him that set the price tag.

J70

In fairness to the United players, City gave Liverpool a serious run around in the first half of their league meeting at Anfield earlier this season. Luckily for Liverpool they didn't create a pile (and Liverpool rallied for a well-deserved point in the second half), but it was as humiliating a half of football as Liverpool have experienced at Anfield in years.

City can do that to teams.

Of course United's issue is that the poor form/effort was not a once-off.

screenexile

Rashford wants out now too . . .

laoislad

When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

screenexile

Quote from: laoislad on March 07, 2022, 02:44:29 PM
Quote from: screenexile on March 07, 2022, 02:40:08 PM
I'd take him at Liverpool

I agree I think if he goes to a decent outfit with a good culture and reasonable team he could do very well!!

quit yo jibbajabba

Rashford not on crazy wages?
Id take a punt too for pool but dont think it would ever happen.....so where would he go?! Spurs/Chelsea?

rodney trotter

Quote from: screenexile on March 07, 2022, 02:49:39 PM

I agree I think if he goes to a decent outfit with a good culture and reasonable team he could do very well!!

Putting in workrate is down to the individual. Someone like McTominay can't be faulted for his application.  Rushford has been going through the motions ,not sure why Liverpool would need him

Captain Obvious

Quote from: quit yo jibbajabba on March 07, 2022, 02:52:18 PM
Rashford not on crazy wages?
Id take a punt too for pool but dont think it would ever happen.....so where would he go?! Spurs/Chelsea?
Newcastle United.

Taylor

He wouldnt start in any other top 4 team - is he not leaving because he isnt starting?

NAG1

Until the get a manager in place who has full control over the squad then these results and performances are going to happen.

There is no difference here with the team under Ole, only he would not have accepted that performance yesterday.

It's damage limitation to the summer to we see who they put in place. But it a good few windows I would say before the issues with the squad could be redressed.