Man Utd Thread:

Started by full back, November 10, 2006, 08:13:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Maroon Manc

Quote from: OgraAnDun on December 09, 2019, 10:55:18 AM
Quote from: Maroon Manc on December 09, 2019, 10:51:37 AM
Quote from: magpie seanie on December 09, 2019, 08:19:28 AM
United have 13 points from 5 games against Liverpool, Leicester, City, Chelsea and Spurs. Only 11 from 11 against the rest. Clear to see where the problem lies - breaking down sides who sit in and defend deep. Ole and the lads know what they're doing but it will take time.

We've clearly missed a player in the so called no 10 position as we've had to do with Pereira who's not good enough. Its not just that though, in 5 of those games where we dropped points we took the lead; There's a lack of experience and game management about the team, I'd like to think as the season continues United will take more points from these sort of games.

They were 2 performances and results I wasn't expecting, its given the board and fans something to cling on too; I just hope Ole is backed in January as that squad isn't fit for purpose as a couple of more injuries will leave United in trouble again.

Now that Fred and McTominay are working well in the midfield 2, could Pogba be used in a 10 when he's back allowing him to focus purely on playmaking and potentially unlocking his best position for Utd?

The role should be perfect for him although a few of us were wondering whether Pogba would have worked as hard as Lingard did against City, he never looks too enthusiastic when closing down an opponent. I don't think there's too many reds who'll think he'll be at OT next season anyway.

Keyser soze

United have 13 points from 5 games against Liverpool, Leicester, City, Chelsea and Spurs. Only 11 from 11 against the rest. Clear to see where the problem lies - breaking down sides who sit in and defend deep. Ole and the lads know what they're doing but it will take time.

Both these cant be right!

TabClear

Quote from: Maroon Manc on December 09, 2019, 11:08:54 AM

We've clearly missed a player in the so called no 10 position as we've had to do with Pereira who's not good enough. Its not just that though, in 5 of those games where we dropped points we took the lead; There's a lack of experience and game management about the team, I'd like to think as the season continues United will take more points from these sort of games.

They were 2 performances and results I wasn't expecting, its given the board and fans something to cling on too; I just hope Ole is backed in January as that squad isn't fit for purpose as a couple of more injuries will leave United in trouble again.

Now that Fred and McTominay are working well in the midfield 2, could Pogba be used in a 10 when he's back allowing him to focus purely on playmaking and potentially unlocking his best position for Utd?

The role should be perfect for him although a few of us were wondering whether Pogba would have worked as hard as Lingard did against City, he never looks too enthusiastic when closing down an opponent. I don't think there's too many reds who'll think he'll be at OT next season anyway.

I thought Utd should have pursued Couthinho a bit more aggressively in the Summer. Yes there might have been legacy issues with the Liverpool connection but I think he is exactly what United need in that position.

magpie seanie

Quote from: Maroon Manc on December 09, 2019, 11:08:54 AM

Agree. Lingard has earned his share of criticism over the last couple of seasons but has shown signs of getting back to what he was good at recently. Whatever team Pogba is in, high intensity defensive workrate will be left to others. I don't think he has the mental discipline or desire to do it. He's very good in an attacking sense. I'd hope he could make an impact against the mid to lower range teams over the rest of the season and United get decent money for him when he moves on.

Cunny Funt

Job done by topping the group. After a poor 1st half United won at their ease. 4-0 win all the more impressive with 9 changes made to the starting team from last weekend and could afford to sub Martial, Maguire off early.

Greenwood grabbed the headlines with two well taken goals and won the penalty for the 3rd goal. Could draw Rangers next that would be interesting.

GJL

Quote from: Cunny Funt on December 12, 2019, 10:20:52 PM
Job done by topping the group. After a poor 1st half United won at their ease. 4-0 win all the more impressive with 9 changes made to the starting team from last weekend and could afford to sub Martial, Maguire off early.

Greenwood grabbed the headlines with two well taken goals and won the penalty for the 3rd goal. Could draw Rangers next that would be interesting.

Utd academy takes the headlines from tonight's game. Serious turnout from them.

Geoff Tipps

Quote from: GJL on December 12, 2019, 10:38:23 PM

Well done lads. Is that the new net spend cup!?

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Geoff Tipps on December 12, 2019, 11:09:16 PM

Obsession... by Tipps  ;D
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Geoff Tipps

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on December 12, 2019, 11:10:28 PM

Sorry MM. Didn't mean to downplay it. Enjoy these nights  ;D

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Geoff Tipps on December 12, 2019, 11:13:50 PM

It's ok I'm sure after 30 odd years of mediocrity it's good to have something to beat the chest about, like signing a player that Utd were possibly interested in  ;D
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Geoff Tipps

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on December 12, 2019, 11:16:55 PM

It's ok I'm sure after 30 odd years of mediocrity it's good to have something to beat the chest about, like signing a player that Utd were possibly interested in  ;D

Very touchy from the man who doesn't care. Bet didn't come in tonight?? Course it didn't, you would have told us all about it  ;D

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Geoff Tipps on December 12, 2019, 11:32:18 PM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on December 12, 2019, 11:16:55 PM

Very touchy from the man who doesn't care. Bet didn't come in tonight?? Course it didn't, you would have told us all about it  ;D

£5 bet up tonight, all the 11 games at 8pm 7 corners or more, up! 4/1

gawa316

Says the bey!

magpie seanie

I think this weekend will be the 4000th game in a row since 1937 that an academy player has been in the first team squad.

AZOffaly