Man Utd Thread:

Started by full back, November 10, 2006, 08:13:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bigarsedkeeper

Quote from: magpie seanie on September 25, 2019, 12:13:23 PM
So it seems the club have decided on a complete reset which absolutely tallies with what I suspected and Solskjaer's actions in the offseason. No quick fixes. Apparently determined to add a Director of Football too. I despise the Glazers and Woodward as much as anyone, probably more than most, but this is undoubtedly the correct approach. Not guaranteed to be successful or that OGS will see it through the whole way but I'm absolutely 100% behind him.

Hopefully a good performance tonight and a win with a young side.
I completely agree with a reset needed but the club should have bought a midfielder and striker during the summer to make things a bit easier for him. I think Ole is going to commit career suicide to try and make things better down the line. Some of the bullshit reaction from fans has been disgusting.

As for the director of football thing, I think that's bullshit - if they were serious about it and not just looking a fall guy in the position they would have got one by now. Woodward wants control over everything. I saw someone on one of the fan pages mentioned that they thought OGS could end up being DoF and another manager brought in.

NAG1

Quote from: bigarsedkeeper on September 25, 2019, 12:48:31 PM
So it seems the club have decided on a complete reset which absolutely tallies with what I suspected and Solskjaer's actions in the offseason. No quick fixes. Apparently determined to add a Director of Football too. I despise the Glazers and Woodward as much as anyone, probably more than most, but this is undoubtedly the correct approach. Not guaranteed to be successful or that OGS will see it through the whole way but I'm absolutely 100% behind him.

I completely agree with a reset needed but the club should have bought a midfielder and striker during the summer to make things a bit easier for him. I think Ole is going to commit career suicide to try and make things better down the line. Some of the bullshit reaction from fans has been disgusting.

As for the director of football thing, I think that's bullshit - if they were serious about it and not just looking a fall guy in the position they would have got one by now. Woodward wants control over everything. I saw someone on one of the fan pages mentioned that they thought OGS could end up being DoF and another manager brought in.

Anyone who follows the club properly understands the need to reset the squad and the ethos that has prevailed for the past number of seasons, even into the end of AFS's time.

From what I can gather the funds were there but the right player/s weren't. It has been said on here that it is going to be a couple of transfer windows at least before he can really be judged, it is whether the players he currently has can get him enough time to complete the job.

Maroon Manc

Quote from: NAG1 on September 25, 2019, 12:54:13 PM
Quote from: bigarsedkeeper on September 25, 2019, 12:48:31 PM

Anyone who follows the club properly understands the need to reset the squad and the ethos that has prevailed for the past number of seasons, even into the end of AFS's time.

From what I can gather the funds were there but the right player/s weren't. It has been said on here that it is going to be a couple of transfer windows at least before he can really be judged, it is whether the players he currently has can get him enough time to complete the job.

Absolutely no issues on a total reset, most of us have agreed its been needed since 2013 and never came, would imagine he'd like to have got rid of a few more but because of the ridiculous wages their on has made it difficult. Looking at the financial results that was announced yesterday it looks like there'll be no huge summer spending spree unless United qualify for the CL. Its going to be very difficult to finish 4th, luckily Chelsea & Arsenal are in the same boat as United. United are very short in 2 key areas up front and in midfield. I can see why they've not replaced Lukaku because they know Greenwood is a bit special but there's no excuse with not buying a midfielder or bringing one in on loan.

The wage bill is just ridiculous; Matc, Fred, Jones, Smalling & Rojo are probably earning an average of £150k a week, thats total madness. Matic is out of contract at the end of the season so he'll leave on a free but its not going to be easy getting rid of the others.

Boycey

Curious to know what a total reset involves?

rodney trotter

United should have made a move for Kieran Tierney in the summer . Tierney is now back to fitness and will likely feature v United next Monday. He would have been good competition for Shaw, instead of Young slotting in at left back .. I'd rate Tierney a better player then Shaw..

trailer

Quote from: Boycey on September 25, 2019, 05:29:55 PM

Switching it off, wait 30 seconds, then turn back on again.

Cunny Funt

Moving Ed Woodward away from transfers and player contracts.  I see tonight Pogba is back in the starting 11 yet a youthful line up will be captained by Tuanzebe.

Geoff Tipps

Peterborough put 6 past Rochdale a few weeks ago. A new low  ;D

BennyCake

Quote from: Geoff Tipps on September 25, 2019, 09:57:49 PM
Peterborough put 6 past Rochdale a few weeks ago. A new low  ;D

It's all part of the plan ;)

Cunny Funt

Hard luck Rochdale a brave performance by them to just come up short in penalty shoot out. Some night for 16 year old Luke Matheson. As for United they clearly didn't heed Spurs getting knocked last night by Colchester (a worse side than Rochdale)

Boycey

A strangly watchable game, United's worst players were their established ones.

Combined ages of the 2 goalscorers was 33  :o

Never beat the deeler

Quote from: Cunny Funt on September 25, 2019, 07:29:21 PM

Moving Ed Woodward away from transfers and player contracts.  I see tonight Pogba is back in the starting 11 yet a youthful line up will be captained by Tuanzebe.

From Andy Mitten on twitter, thought it was a nice back story

QuoteAxel Tuanzebe had captained MUFC at every age level bar the first team. Tonight he captains the first team against Rochdale, the town where he grew up in after arriving from DR Congo aged four - with no English, only French and Lingala. At 16 he got As and A stars in his GCSEs.
https://twitter.com/AndyMitten/status/1176921106109911040
Hasta la victoria siempre

magpie seanie

A pit Pereira switched off and let Matheson slip in for the equaliser. Again a game United should easily have sewn up but struggled to convery possession and chances into goals. Great to see the young players again and delighted for Tuanzebe especially. Penalties all put away confidently. Tough draw but a good experience upcoming for these lads.

Pogba looked like he needed a game. Hope there's a few back for the Arsenal game.

Just was interested to see Spurs have the same points as United and went out of the Carabao cup to a lower ranked side than Rochdale yet no one is saying Pochettino should be sacked. In fact some are actually suggesting he should replace OGS at United. People need to chill.

Geoff Tipps

Quote from: magpie seanie on September 26, 2019, 11:25:23 AM
A pit Pereira switched off and let Matheson slip in for the equaliser. Again a game United should easily have sewn up but struggled to convery possession and chances into goals. Great to see the young players again and delighted for Tuanzebe especially. Penalties all put away confidently. Tough draw but a good experience upcoming for these lads.

Pogba looked like he needed a game. Hope there's a few back for the Arsenal game.

Just was interested to see Spurs have the same points as United and went out of the Carabao cup to a lower ranked side than Rochdale yet no one is saying Pochettino should be sacked. In fact some are actually suggesting he should replace OGS at United. People need to chill.

Interesting that Poch is constantly linked with big jobs - United, Real etc and Ole has never ever been (and won't ever again) until he won the lottery and got the United job. Why do you think that  is!?

BennyCake

Why is Ole managing United when he won the lottery?