Started by full back, November 10, 2006, 08:13:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

magpie seanie

Quote from: trueblue1234 on January 04, 2019, 09:39:26 AM
Quote from: magpie seanie on January 04, 2019, 09:32:44 AM
Quote from: Boycey on January 03, 2019, 09:02:29 PM
Quote from: magpie seanie on January 03, 2019, 07:42:55 PM
Quote from: Boycey on January 03, 2019, 07:29:46 PM
There's no excuse for not trying and there's 2,3 maybe even 4 players who could do with a taking a long hard look at themselves?
Whatever the relationship between manager and player, once you cross the white line, play for yourself, your professional pride, your fans whatever. Player power is a dangerous thing..

Mourinho wouldn't let them play. He hasn't the first clue what to do with creative young players. If you cannot accept or realise this then I'm sorry for you. Mourinho was not capable of doing the job so he was sacked. That's it. I know you like Mourinho for some bizarre reason or maybe you're upset to be proved wrong but it's a time to move on. Mourinho gave up trying and just waited for his pay off but the players never did. Their confidence was just shattered because they were being told to do things that were counterintuitive to them and being criticised regularly in public. Now they have coaches around them who believe in them and encourage them to be the best they can be. The players were the ones who were cheated the most.

Mourinhos gone Seanie I couldn't give a shiny shite about him anymore... You on the other hand still bring him up in pretty much every interaction with this thread, let it go man.

I've seen Keano, Neville, Carragher plus other former players and journos state that some of the players have gotten away with murder. I'm sure you frequent Utd forums take a look at the Pogbas and Sanchez threads in particular there's plenty who agree with me.

What was I proved wrong about?

You agreed with the appointment of Mourinho and were reluctant to see him sacked. I don't want to be talking about him either but it seemed to me it had to be explained to you why players were not performing. You feeling "cheated" and all.  ::) Direct your blame towards the appropriate quarters and get behind the shirts.

To be fair MS, I think you're given some of the players a by ball here. I can completely see where Boycey is coming from. Regardless of the tactics used by the manager, you expect the players to bust themselves when they cross the white line. What happens if OGS asks Pogba to do something he doesn't want to do for the good of the team, or to play a different system to what he wants? Is it acceptable for him to drop his effort as he doesn't agree with him?
Now don't get me wrong, I think Mourinho was the biggest issue and some of these players will need the cotton wool treatment, but sometimes they also need a boot up the hole. And I think some of the United players over the past couple of months have deserved a boot up the hole.

Obviously there's a balance but one thing they weren't short of in recent times was boots up the hole....that was until the manager stopped doing his job of course. Getting constant kicks while not being allowed do your job properly and do yourself justice wears you down. I've been in a work situation like that before and it's not easy. Pogba's a guy who won the World Cup a few months ago (and was a key player, perfoming well) and everyone was going around saying how shit he was and a waste of money etc. He's clearly immature but bound to have some level of professional pride or he wouldn't be where he has been in the game. People in the club knew that.

Boycey

I'm only offering my opinion too Seanie, a deeply held one that I'll debate with anyone. I referenced others just to make the point that I'm not on a solo run, that a sizable group think the same. If my opinions aren't worthy of consideration put me on your ignore list...

magpie seanie

Quote from: Boycey on January 04, 2019, 12:53:51 PM
I'm only offering my opinion too Seanie, a deeply held one that I'll debate with anyone. I referenced others just to make the point that I'm not on a solo run, that a sizable group think the same. If my opinions aren't worthy of consideration put me on your ignore list...

I wouldn't bother arguing with you if I wanted to ignore you. I just find it difficult to accept that you never or rarely to my memory criticised Mourinho yet you've no problem having a pop at Pogba when he has turned things around. That's about it. Just find it funny.

trailer

While Pogba may have been posting his performances in under JM, unfortunately the same cannot be said for Lukaku who in fact was just shit all along.

Boycey

Quote from: Boycey on August 10, 2018, 09:24:47 AM
Jesus lads the day Woodward and the board think they know more about players than the manager is a sad f**king day and the same goes for any manager at any club. If Mourinho is a dead man walking then he should be sacked today..

August 10th I said he should be sacked..I'll also wager a bet that the day he left Chelsea I said I feared he'd end up at United. When he eventually got the gig I thought he was probably the right man to get it and whatever the pros and cons of his reign, the squad is much healthier at the end of his time  If you.go back through the pages of this season I've called him out several times but with the proviso that the players and board also deserved some blame.

Player power is extremely dangerous.. Mourinho won a league at Chelsea then the players decided they didn't want him and got him the sack. Cue Conte coming in and immediately winning a league, what happened then? They decided they didn't like him either and stopped playing again..

Boycey

Quote from: trailer on January 04, 2019, 02:04:57 PM
While Pogba may have been posting his performances in under JM, unfortunately the same cannot be said for Lukaku who in fact was just shit all along.

Did big Rom shag your Mrs or something  ;D

trailer

Quote from: Boycey on January 04, 2019, 02:14:04 PM
Quote from: trailer on January 04, 2019, 02:04:57 PM

Did big Rom shag your Mrs or something  ;D

He'd f**king miss the target the useless ****.

magpie seanie

Lukaku is playing much better and scoring too since the change of manager.

magpie seanie

Quote from: Boycey on January 04, 2019, 02:13:16 PM
Jesus lads the day Woodward and the board think they know more about players than the manager is a sad f**king day and the same goes for any manager at any club. If Mourinho is a dead man walking then he should be sacked today..

August 10th I said he should be sacked..I'll also wager a bet that the day he left Chelsea I said I feared he'd end up at United. When he eventually got the gig I thought he was probably the right man to get it and whatever the pros and cons of his reign, the squad is much healthier at the end of his time  If you.go back through the pages of this season I've called him out several times but with the proviso that the players and board also deserved some blame.

Player power is extremely dangerous.. Mourinho won a league at Chelsea then the players decided they didn't want him and got him the sack. Cue Conte coming in and immediately winning a league, what happened then? They decided they didn't like him either and stopped playing again..

Don't forget Dr Eva Carneiro. His public evisceration of her was the cause of his downfall with the Chelsea players. He should have been sacked the day he abused her. It shouldn't have taken the players to force it but with who's in charge at that club nothing would surprise you. The Conte situation looks bad as obviously he was able to get the best out of them and suddenly it stopped. Same with Rainieri at Leicester. Those types of incidents do trouble me. Neither are what happened at United as Mourinho never got the team performing to anything like their ability.

I grant you that there is a silver lining to the cloud of the last 2.5 years in that players came to the club during his time that good managers will be able to utilise. And thankfully Rashford, Martial or Pogba weren't forced out in that time.

Therealdonald

Quote from: magpie seanie on January 04, 2019, 05:06:01 PM
Quote from: Boycey on January 04, 2019, 02:13:16 PM

Don't forget Dr Eva Carneiro. His public evisceration of her was the cause of his downfall with the Chelsea players. He should have been sacked the day he abused her. It shouldn't have taken the players to force it but with who's in charge at that club nothing would surprise you. The Conte situation looks bad as obviously he was able to get the best out of them and suddenly it stopped. Same with Rainieri at Leicester. Those types of incidents do trouble me. Neither are what happened at United as Mourinho never got the team performing to anything like their ability.

I grant you that there is a silver lining to the cloud of the last 2.5 years in that players came to the club during his time that good managers will be able to utilise. And thankfully Rashford, Martial or Pogba weren't forced out in that time.

Seanie, do you really think Rashford is the future?

Boycey

To be honest Seanie we're just going round in circles.. I don't care about Mourinho, what's gone is gone the past can't be changed. I am content enough thougb with my opinion that some players didn't cover themselves in glory throughout the period...You think different that's fine with me

trailer

Quote from: magpie seanie on January 04, 2019, 04:59:07 PM

Wha? He fluked one against Newcastle, and his other he failed to control first time (shocker) then luckily scuffed it into the corner. He's the Belgian Cascarino. Not a Utd player.

Over the Bar

Big changes today. Good to see some fringe players getting a run out.

Cunny Funt

Another win and clean sheet for OGS but performance wise against one of the worst sides in the championship that was dreadful from United. Individually no player would have got a rating over 6 today.

DuffleKing

Quote from: magpie seanie on January 04, 2019, 04:59:07 PM

It's laughable to claim Lukaku is playing much better since the change of manager. ffs