Author Topic: Man Utd Thread:  (Read 2915841 times)

johnnycool

• View Profile
Re: Man Utd Thread:
« Reply #44775 on: November 08, 2018, 11:11:31 AM »
Fantastic result tonight. Shouldve been 3. Martial is top class and needs to be let at it. Fellaini caused havoc. He may be limited but a great guy to call for when you need to cause chaos. Sanchez put in a shift if not frustrating for him with lack of movement and early ball. Juve had their chances but they didnt kill the game. Mata free kick was superb. Fair play Jose your subs made the diff. Now on to city on sunday.

Did Moyes sign those two stars for Jose?

Milltown Row2

• It was the Ref that did it!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #44776 on: November 08, 2018, 01:21:51 PM »
Been missing the usual suspects lately, I suppose they will be about after the City game
Anything I post is not the view of the County Board!! Nobody died in the making of this post ;-)

trueblue1234

• View Profile
« Reply #44777 on: November 08, 2018, 03:35:39 PM »
Been missing the usual suspects lately, I suppose they will be about after the City game

Overthebar?
Grammar: the difference between knowing your shit

Carmen Stateside

• View Profile
« Reply #44778 on: November 08, 2018, 10:51:39 PM »

We are all looking forward to that one, should be a good laugh

Milltown Row2

• It was the Ref that did it!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #44779 on: November 08, 2018, 11:01:28 PM »

We are all looking forward to that one, should be a good laugh

Anything I post is not the view of the County Board!! Nobody died in the making of this post ;-)

Carmen Stateside

• View Profile
« Reply #44780 on: November 08, 2018, 11:03:14 PM »
 eh? :o

DuffleKing

• View Profile
« Reply #44781 on: November 09, 2018, 10:06:17 AM »

United have definitely found a bit of a groove in the last few weeks and I think the 2 most significant factors are Jose settling on a centre back pairing and Lukaku getting injured.

There's no perfect centre forward solution but all of the other centre forward solutions give the team more mobility in that area than the Belgian. Lukaku is essntially a traditional number 9 / target man who cannot take heading chances and struggles to hold the ball up - his deficiencies are a major achilles for the team. Smalling and Lindelof are not the perfect answer but they're gelling at least and with a properly dominant partner the Swede might actually continue to progress. Smalling remains a liability.

tiempo

• View Profile
« Reply #44782 on: November 09, 2018, 10:18:22 AM »

United have definitely found a bit of a groove in the last few weeks and I think the 2 most significant factors are Jose settling on a centre back pairing and Lukaku getting injured.

There's no perfect centre forward solution but all of the other centre forward solutions give the team more mobility in that area than the Belgian. Lukaku is essntially a traditional number 9 / target man who cannot take heading chances and struggles to hold the ball up - his deficiencies are a major achilles for the team. Smalling and Lindelof are not the perfect answer but they're gelling at least and with a properly dominant partner the Swede might actually continue to progress. Smalling remains a liability.

Liked the comment on the previous page, they need to sell Lukaku in January for risk of him getting picked and settling in the team again, the lad is atrocious

Maroon Manc

• View Profile
« Reply #44783 on: November 09, 2018, 12:12:53 PM »
Replacing Smalling is the first priority, his lack of ability on the ball causes United so many problems. He's incapable of heading the ball to a team mate either, the amount of times he gives the ball away is unforgivable; I think Lindelof gave the ball away once needlessly the other night and that was because Smalling passed him the ball when he shouldn't off.

Lukaku was good last season and there were signs his work rate had improved as the season went on but this year he's been shocking as has his work rate. He looks overweight too, just hope he's not brought back into the starting 11 when fit. Just heard on the radio now he's back in training.

I don't think centre forward is a prority though with Rashford & Sanchez capable of playing up front alone. A centre half and right winger are we're short and we still lack a centre mid who's a superb passer of the ball. Angel Gomes is 18 now although he's still very small, would like to think he'll be in the first team squad next season.

trailer

• View Profile
« Reply #44784 on: November 09, 2018, 12:44:07 PM »
Replacing Smalling is the first priority, his lack of ability on the ball causes United so many problems. He's incapable of heading the ball to a team mate either, the amount of times he gives the ball away is unforgivable; I think Lindelof gave the ball away once needlessly the other night and that was because Smalling passed him the ball when he shouldn't off.

Lukaku was good last season and there were signs his work rate had improved as the season went on but this year he's been shocking as has his work rate. He looks overweight too, just hope he's not brought back into the starting 11 when fit. Just heard on the radio now he's back in training.

I don't think centre forward is a prority though with Rashford & Sanchez capable of playing up front alone. A centre half and right winger are we're short and we still lack a centre mid who's a superb passer of the ball. Angel Gomes is 18 now although he's still very small, would like to think he'll be in the first team squad next season.

Not a Utd player. Lazy, no game intelligence, no first touch, overweight. The Belgian Cascarino. JM was right when he got rid of him at Chelsea and he should do so again in January.

TabClear

• View Profile
« Reply #44785 on: November 09, 2018, 01:12:40 PM »

Not a Utd player. Lazy, no game intelligence, no first touch, overweight. The Belgian Cascarino. JM was right when he got rid of him at Chelsea and he should do so again in January.

Did Jose have a memory lapse then??

I have a sneaking suspicion Utd might just get something from the game on Sunday. Mourinho loves these backs to the wall games. I dont expect it to be pretty but they are playing much better now (in patches) and will cause city a few problems. Need big games from the defence/Matic though to try to limit City chances and De Gea might need to be in top form.

NAG1

• View Profile
« Reply #44786 on: November 09, 2018, 01:42:31 PM »

I have a sneaking suspicion Utd might just get something from the game on Sunday. Mourinho loves these backs to the wall games. I dont expect it to be pretty but they are playing much better now (in patches) and will cause city a few problems. Need big games from the defence/Matic though to try to limit City chances and De Gea might need to be in top form.

Think you are being sore on Lukaku here lads, he is a big centre forward that thrives on the ball being crossed in from either wing. We play with Youngy he never hits it first time and Luke Shaw who invariably plays a one two on the edge of the box.

Dont get me wrong I think his form isnt great but he is suffering because of the way the team plays. The team looked a lot more dangerous playing Alexis upfront which I think was one of his strongest performances thus far. Hopefully Pogba shows up as he was very lucky not to have been hauled off against Juve.

snoopdog

• View Profile
« Reply #44787 on: November 09, 2018, 02:07:00 PM »
Lukaku has no brain. If you stand in the 1 place long enough the ball will come to you. Yes he got 27 last season. Not sure how but the guy is terrible. One of the worst forwards ive ever seen in a utd shirt.

Boycey

• View Profile
« Reply #44788 on: November 09, 2018, 02:37:07 PM »
Poor auld Rom is the latest scapegoat. Probably a notch below the elite striker level and in a shocking run of form alright but 176 club and 45 international goals at 25 hardly qualifies him as one of the worst.

trailer

• View Profile
« Reply #44789 on: November 09, 2018, 05:48:43 PM »

A desperation buy. Utd should cut their losses. A terrible footballer whatever about scapegoats he came from Everton and that was probably his level if not even slightly above it. Similar to Christian Benteke who doesn't get in the Palace team.