Started by full back, November 10, 2006, 08:13:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

seafoid

Quote from: Aaron Boone on December 30, 2017, 11:12:31 AM
Quote from: ned on December 30, 2017, 10:40:10 AM
Quote from: Boycey on December 30, 2017, 09:15:55 AM
Quote from: ned on December 30, 2017, 08:56:37 AM
Quote from: Minder on December 28, 2017, 05:15:05 PM
Melbourne sold that baldy headed fella that scored for Huddersfield against United, for around £10m. That's roughly what they bought the club for.

They have also recouped money from other transfers of youth players. Boyata and Ntcham both moved to Celtic from Man City youth structure. Patrick Roberts will command a decent fee when he moves on. Foden sppears to be a big prospect and in the following years you may find more coming through.

That doesn't make their youth system more productive than any other club. I can watch any lower Premier League or Championship match and pick out a guy or 2 that came through United and they've got a decent fee for and sure Liverpool supporters or whoever can do the same. Foden seems to be a good prospect but he's the exception rather than the rule.. Someone called it right further back it's about identifying and buying now rather than coming through the ranks.

Although I do like the stat that it's 80 years since Utd had a match day squad that didn't have home produced talent in it..

My post was in response to the notion that City's youth set up and tie ins with overseas clubs was not bearing dividends and nowhere did I mention the success or otherwise compared to other clubs. It isn't yet a success in terms of youth team players making the first team but it certainly has produced monetary return. I suspect in 4-5 years that will change.

Hard to believe City were in third tier of English football just 20 years ago. Now have a worldwide feeder club structure.
I went to see them in WemberLee for the third div. Play-off final vs Gillingham in 98 or 99. They scraped through. Funny old football world 

Milltown Row2

Utd are dung! At this rate be lucky to finish in top six!
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Boycey

Lucky we're already past the traditional safety mark of 40 points or relegation would be a real worry :-\

Jose out!

Cunny Funt

Maybe dropping out of the top 4 might spark some of theses United players back into action as at the moment they are playing through the motions.

Milltown Row2

Jose out who comes in? The players are not at the races at all, don't look like scoring either! Also at this rate Utd won't get past the next round in CL
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

beer baron

Mad to think anybody ever felt Shaw was a good player, Absolutely dreadful, has to go.

GJL

Very poor. No spark in the final third.

gawa316

What was Pogba playing at?

StGallsGAA

Very poor indeed. Usual swamp-dwellers jizzing themselves on the Liverpool thread I see ::)

From the Bunker

Quote from: StGallsGAA on December 30, 2017, 07:35:29 PM
Very poor indeed. Usual swamp-dwellers jizzing themselves on the Liverpool thread I see ::)

Boycey

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on December 30, 2017, 06:31:53 PM
Jose out who comes in? The players are not at the races at all, don't look like scoring either! Also at this rate Utd won't get past the next round in CL

Just in case there's any doubt Milltown I'm joking but I'm sure the Mourinho out brigade will be along in a bit.

oliverkelly

Time to drop Pogba he's been shite since we signed him apart from some clowns bigging up one or two decent performances he was signed for 90m he's not in top 15 midfielders in the league.
Jose is under serious pressure wasted millions on shite and has not improved any player in the squad

Captain Obvious

The Manchester United players attitude stank out Old Trafford tonight. A show pony in Pogba named Captain what is that all about? DeGea was the most worked of the two keepers enough said there. Beaten by Bristol City,3 draws against Burnley,Leicester,Southampton it shouldn't come as any surprise if in form Derby County knock Manchester United out of the FA cup next Friday.

Geoff Tipps

Oh dear  ;D ;D

brokencrossbar1

Quote from: Geoff Tipps on December 30, 2017, 07:50:38 PM

Oh dear  ;D ;D

I know Geoff .... so much beauty 🤣