Man Utd Thread:

Started by full back, November 10, 2006, 08:13:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

FermPundit

Roma are playing a very defensive formation which is proving very difficult to break down. Ronaldo and Nani need to stay out wide and get balls into the box. I also think Rooney should offer a big more support to Saha. Overall a decent enough performance but United need to up the tempo in the second half.

We'll win Ulster some day, not sure when.

FermPundit

Saha was awful quiet. I expected more from him. Hopefully Tevez can nick a goal. I was impressed with him at the weekend.

FermPundit

Brilliant!! Great finish. I hope United don't sit back for the last 20 mins.

ExiledGael

Brilliant effort from Rooney. Very impressive defending there from Ferdinand also

Square Ball

Obviously take the 1-0 especially as Roma had plenty of chances and couldnt convert any of them thankfully
Hospitals are not equipped to treat stupid

FermPundit

Great to get 3 points tonight especially with a difficult away trip to Dynamo Kiev up next. 3 league points against Wigan on Saturday and things will be looking good at OT.

new devil

Another good win tonight without playing well...should we be concerned with the lack of goals??

MauriceMalpas

Rio was different class last night. I have been crying out for Rooney to play of Saha all season and when they do................... :-\

magpie seanie

To be in the position United are in in the league and champions league the way they are playing is brilliant. The string of injuries is a big impediment at present to getting a team settled with good rhythm. With Rooney, Tevez and Saha getting more games under their belts the scoring rate should increase shortly.

Kentucky Blue

Is it just me or does Anderson remind anyone else of The Predator as in the film, with those big dread-locks?

full back

:D
He does indeed kentucky
hasnt really had a chance to do anything yet though, has he?

Kentucky Blue

Quote from: full back on October 03, 2007, 12:36:37 PM
:D
He does indeed kentucky
hasnt really had a chance to do anything yet though, has he?

apart from get jiggedy with hookers along with ronaldo and nani!  ;)
nice work if you can get it!!!  :D

wild lot of turban's in the crowd last night! only saying.

maxpower

noticed a few alright.

on the match itself, it almost seemed envitable from early on that Manchester United would win one nil, there just wasn't the cut and thrust we often associate with home european matches and to be fair for most of the game Roma where looking comfortable playing for a draw.

How they didn't convert one or two of the chances at the end will surely annoy their coach but i'd think both teams will come through that group.

Not the biggest fan of Ferdinands but thought he was immense last night, attacked every ball, him and vidic are a very solid partnership.
What happens next????

magpie seanie

Yeah, credit where credit is due - Rio showed a bit of guts last night. Not usual and hopefully will be more than a one off. Methinks the challenge of Micah Richards/John Terry for his Ingerlund spot has his cage rattled and he's stepped out of the comfort zone for a change.

supersarsfields

I'd have to agree. I wouldn't be one of Rio's biggest fans but I thought he had a great game more's the pity!!
Concentration was good with seems to be his biggest down fall.
Though Scoles was playing very deep last nite which prob helped the defence. He didn't really take the ball to the edge of the Roma box much. Which I suppose is understandable as Nani and Ronnie weren't going to do too much defensive work.
Still reckon Fergie might go for an out and out poacher for Jan. Wonder how much Aston's worth?