Author Topic: Man Utd Thread:  (Read 2488999 times)

GJL

• View Profile
Re: Man Utd Thread:
« Reply #41700 on: June 19, 2017, 08:22:50 PM »
Ronaldo has a massive ego. All he cares about is being centre of attention, banging in more goals than Messi and winning the Ballon dor. He really does seen obsessed with winning that above anything else. The only way he can continue to do such things is at Real. He'll stay in Madrid 100%.

He is gone and on his way to OT )

We'll see.

That we will, I think he would be crazy to leave but he is miffed at the club and if he was to go anywhere I think it would be United.

He's always miffed at something. Great player, but behaves like a spoilt brat. I'd like him at United, but no way it will happen. United is a step down. That'd be a big blow to his ego.

If Ronaldo leaves  and Real go on to win 3 CLs on the bounce, it'll be some blow to his ego and his aura. I think that might be too big a risk for him to take.

Aye but the media loathe him and the fans are not really fans of his, why not leave and be revered all over again by fans that realise his genius?

He has nothing to prove to anybody and does not need any more CL titles to bolster his legacy.

Look at what Real have won the last few years. What would they have won without him? The success will follow him including the individual awards.
You dont think Real would still have trophies? You dont think that  maybe they would have bought  someone else if they didn't have Ronaldo?
United need more than one player to win the Premier  League ffs.  Anyone that thinks if Ronaldo comes back to United that they will automatically win the league are deluded. Then this is Man United fans we are talking about I suppose

No. Not all of them.

Who else would they have bought that would even have made half the impact?

Nobody suggested that Utd would automatically win the league if Ronaldo came back but it would significantly increase their chances especially with a few more smart buys.

(By the way, I don't think he will leave Real.).

Nobody..really?
This was was just on the previous page!

Ronnie in red, instant title winners without question if he stays healthy, he is that good.
Fair point but I did not suggest it. The rest of my post stands.

magpie seanie

• View Profile
« Reply #41701 on: June 20, 2017, 05:21:43 PM »
I actually think Stew is right here. If Ronaldo went to United I'd give them a great chance of winning the league next season. All up in the air though.

screenexile

• Up The Screen!
    • View Profile
« Reply #41702 on: June 21, 2017, 11:36:20 AM »
Bye bye Ronaldo. . . so close yet so far  :'( :'( :'( :'(

NAG1

• View Profile
« Reply #41703 on: July 06, 2017, 10:49:59 AM »
Lukaku for 75m, its a big fee but I suppose he is proven in the EPL and he is still young enough.

Probably less of a gamble than Morata at this stage.

DuffleKing

• View Profile
« Reply #41704 on: July 06, 2017, 10:58:13 AM »

Underwhelmed if he's going to be the marquees signing and the focal point of the attack.

dclane

• View Profile
« Reply #41705 on: July 06, 2017, 11:03:48 AM »
Expectation Greizmann...Ronaldo...Morata
Reality Lukaku..
Mourhino  didn't think he was good enough for Chelsea. He must be getting desperate.
I suppose he will suit United's long ball tactics though in fairness.

NAG1

• View Profile
« Reply #41706 on: July 06, 2017, 11:07:26 AM »

Underwhelmed if he's going to be the marquees signing and the focal point of the attack.

I think it is a decent signing might not be world changing but it gives Rashford more space for development as well and as we have seen he looks like he is going to be world class.

If he keeps up his scoring form from his time at Everton most fans would be more than happy with that.

Walter Cronc

• UTW!
    • View Profile
« Reply #41707 on: July 06, 2017, 11:10:23 AM »
Reality Lukaku..
Mourhino  didn't think he was good enough for Chelsea. He must be getting desperate.

I think Lukaku will be a great signing for United.

If he can score 25+ goals at Everton he can score more at United!

johnneycool

• who loves ya baby!
    • View Profile
« Reply #41708 on: July 06, 2017, 11:11:09 AM »
Reality Lukaku..

Maureen likes the big man up top, Drogba, Costa, Zhlatan and now Lukaka.

Whats Portuguese for "get it up to the big man"?

brokencrossbar1

• View Profile
« Reply #41709 on: July 06, 2017, 11:47:47 AM »
Reality Lukaku..

He'll score that alright with 16-18 of them against the lower level teams in bursts of 2 and 3. He is not Drigba remade in any way. Lazy and easily bullied.

NAG1

• View Profile
« Reply #41710 on: July 06, 2017, 11:52:22 AM »
Reality Lukaku..

He'll score that alright with 16-18 of them against the lower level teams in bursts of 2 and 3. He is not Drigba remade in any way. Lazy and easily bullied.

I would be happy enough with that, turn some of those poor draws last season into wins and build on it from there.

Taylor

• View Profile
« Reply #41711 on: July 06, 2017, 12:11:40 PM »
Maureen is turning Utd into long ball merchants for a full 90mins rather than the last 15mins.
Utd thinking they are purveyors of fast flowing football are a distant memory now.

Was it JM that got rid of Lukaku from Chelsea when he was there?

DuffleKing

• View Profile
« Reply #41712 on: July 06, 2017, 12:13:22 PM »

This signing would imply that Chelsea have passed on him and have someone better lined up.

NAG1

• View Profile
« Reply #41713 on: July 06, 2017, 12:30:15 PM »

This signing would imply that Chelsea have passed on him and have someone better lined up.

What I have read is that the player had a preferred destination and it wasn't Chelsea, but that could be talk after the fact.

Minder

• View Profile
« Reply #41714 on: July 06, 2017, 12:42:10 PM »

What I have read is that the player had a preferred destination and it wasn't Chelsea, but that could be talk after the fact.

I would say Mino Raoila has something to do with it
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"