Man Utd Thread:

Started by full back, November 10, 2006, 08:13:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

StGallsGAA

Quote from: Owen Brannigan on May 28, 2017, 08:59:07 PM
Interesting statistic:

Since Fergie left Man United, they've spent a net £1.138 billion on transfers + wages and NEVER finished above Arsenal.

Quite possibly a contender for the dumbest stat ever posted on this board. What the fcuk have wages got to do with it?  Don't Arsenal or other PL clubs also pay wages then??

Last time I checked, any football club's success is measured in trophies.   So....have Arsenal won more trophies than United since Fergie left?   

Maroon Manc

Tell us Owen how many millions have left the club in interest payments, dividends and other finance fee's since the Glazers took over?

NAG1

Whats the story with Greizeman then, has the freeze on Altheltico's transfers meant they need to hold on to him and the player wasn't sold on the move 100%?

Or is there something else behind it?

Maroon Manc

Quote from: NAG1 on June 02, 2017, 09:00:13 AM
Whats the story with Greizeman then, has the freeze on Altheltico's transfers meant they need to hold on to him and the player wasn't sold on the move 100%?

Apparently Atletico were expecting not to win their appeal so it can't come as too much of a surprise to Griezemann or United although that would appear to be the logical explanation. United would be put off by having to pay all the fee upfront, there's no way Atletico would agree to staged payments given their situation.

It wouldn't surprise to me to see United use De Gea as bait for Bale. Footballs went mad a long time ago but spending £100m on Lukaku would be beyond ridiculous, he's only got 2 years left on his contract. Looks like United will sign Perisic, looks like a typical Mourinho winger.

NAG1

Quote from: Maroon Manc on June 02, 2017, 10:53:35 AM

Apparently Atletico were expecting not to win their appeal so it can't come as too much of a surprise to Griezemann or United although that would appear to be the logical explanation. United would be put off by having to pay all the fee upfront, there's no way Atletico would agree to staged payments given their situation.

It wouldn't surprise to me to see United use De Gea as bait for Bale. Footballs went mad a long time ago but spending £100m on Lukaku would be beyond ridiculous, he's only got 2 years left on his contract. Looks like United will sign Perisic, looks like a typical Mourinho winger.

Yeah I am not convinced on Lukaku and definitely not for that sort of money, football has gone mad for sure.

dclane

Sure United fans didn't want Greizeman anyway I suppose 😂

NAG1

Quote from: dclane on June 02, 2017, 11:32:50 AM

What is this the summer holidays already?  ;)

Of course United fans wanted him as he is a world class player and it is a pity that the Athletico situation seems to have put pay to him. He is a great watch and would have been a great addition to the EPL. Not to be unfortunately but I am sure they have other targets to work on.

dclane

Quote from: NAG1 on June 02, 2017, 11:40:14 AM
Quote from: dclane on June 02, 2017, 11:32:50 AM

What is this the summer holidays already?  ;)

Of course United fans wanted him as he is a world class player and it is a pity that the Athletico situation seems to have put pay to him. He is a great watch and would have been a great addition to the EPL. Not to be unfortunately but I am sure they have other targets to work on.
Ah here, every time United don't get a player that they were interested in,you are guaranteed to have some United fan(s) say they didn't want him anyway. Or another is if they really wanted him they would have got him.

screenexile

Quote from: StGallsGAA on May 29, 2017, 05:37:46 PM
Quote from: Owen Brannigan on May 28, 2017, 08:59:07 PM
Interesting statistic:

Since Fergie left Man United, they've spent a net £1.138 billion on transfers + wages and NEVER finished above Arsenal.

Quite possibly a contender for the dumbest stat ever posted on this board. What the fcuk have wages got to do with it?  Don't Arsenal or other PL clubs also pay wages then??

Last time I checked, any football club's success is measured in trophies.   So....have Arsenal won more trophies than United since Fergie left?

Pretty sure they've won the same amount of 3 each??!

seafoid

According to the Telegraph they wanted Griezmann to play off Ibrahimovic the target man but Ibrahimovic banjaxed his knee so now they need a clear replacement  for him. 

BennyCake

Don't see anything special about Griezman. I wouldn't want Lukaku either. Neither are as good as Zlatan, even though he's 58.

StGallsGAA

Looks like De Gea not going to Real! Happy Days!

Boycey

Quote from: StGallsGAA on June 07, 2017, 08:16:36 PM

All posturing at the minute, will still go..

StGallsGAA

Quote from: Boycey on June 07, 2017, 09:07:16 PM
Quote from: StGallsGAA on June 07, 2017, 08:16:36 PM

All posturing at the minute, will still go..

With who coming the other way tho?

magpie seanie

I think DeGea will go to Madrid in the end but Jose will use him as a bargaining chip to get Bale and/or Morata. I'd say Morata is the priority but Bale would be awesome.

Now's the time to dream, eh?