Author Topic: Man Utd Thread:  (Read 2627775 times)

magpie seanie

• View Profile
Re: Man Utd Thread:
« Reply #41115 on: April 21, 2017, 11:48:15 AM »
Must say I didn't really enjoy that even though some of the performances of United players were excellent. Confidence is the key word. Look at Rashford now. Rabona, Cruyff turn, beating players almost at will and terrorising the Anderlecht defence. I'm beginning to wonder, despite his massive contribution all season, if Ibrahimovic has been over used particularly at home. He's quite predictable and slow in general play.....the attack looks more vibrant and dangerous with Rashford (in this form) through the middle. Small sample size granted and to be fair ridiculous amount of chances missed again last night. Thankfully Anderlecht didn't capitalise on this and missed a few of their own. United's defence is really wobbly with Blind at centre back and the clown Pogba on the field constantly losing the ball. He seems to play the game as if it doesn't really matter or else, really infuriating player to watch.

Like the FA Cup last year United just seems to be doing enough to get through. Draw upcoming will ensure a tricky but winnable semi final. Don't want to express a pref for fear of hexing it!

Milltown Row2

• It was the Ref that did it!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #41116 on: April 21, 2017, 12:22:19 PM »
Celta away, away first has helped them recently, still a tough draw but mucg better playing at home  in the second leg, as proved last night
Anything I post is not the view of the County Board!! Nobody died in the making of this post ;-)

Geoff Tipps

• View Profile
« Reply #41117 on: April 21, 2017, 01:01:57 PM »
Celta away, away first has helped them recently, still a tough draw but mucg better playing at home  in the second leg, as proved last night

Yes very tough draw. What are they 10th in La Liga, just 30 odd points off the top??

GJL

• View Profile
« Reply #41118 on: April 21, 2017, 01:08:50 PM »
 Best draw they could of got for sure. Centre back is becoming a worry injury wise but Bailey is a class act and should become as good as Vidic.

Milltown Row2

• It was the Ref that did it!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #41119 on: April 21, 2017, 01:39:44 PM »

Yes very tough draw. What are they 10th in La Liga, just 30 odd points off the top??

You've seen Utd's form lately? They aint setting the world alight, a decent win over Chelsea does not mask a poor season, add in the injuries and you have the making of a tougher match than say 5/6 years ago against same type teams...
Anything I post is not the view of the County Board!! Nobody died in the making of this post ;-)

AZOffaly

• View Profile
« Reply #41121 on: April 21, 2017, 02:44:17 PM »
Jesus that's rough. RIP.

Maroon Manc

• View Profile
« Reply #41122 on: April 21, 2017, 03:50:09 PM »
injuries becoming a huge concern now although a bad result in the derby next Thursday and he'll give up on the league.

Over the 2 legs United were comfortably a 3 or 4 goals the better side, missed chances the story of our season. If Zlatan has done something serious to his knee then I'd imagine we've seen the last of him in a United shirt.  Rojo is a huge loss given his form, Blind was poor last night when he came on but in fairness he's not played centre half so he's bound to be rusty. I'd like to see Fosuh-Mensah given a chance at centre half.

Captain Obvious

• View Profile
« Reply #41123 on: April 21, 2017, 03:58:13 PM »

I don't think league position matters much for Europa league competition. Sevilla won it last year eventhough they finished 7th place in the La Liga and I think Athletic Bilbao were average in the La Liga the year they knocked Manchester United out of Europe.

The Stallion

• View Profile
« Reply #41124 on: April 21, 2017, 04:04:08 PM »
I've never seen Utd so comprehensively outplayed under Ferguson as they were by that Bilbao side. It was marvellous to watch.

The Stallion

• View Profile
« Reply #41125 on: April 21, 2017, 04:05:22 PM »
Barcelona did it to them a few times too obviously, but there was something about those Bilbao performances which was great to watch.

under the bar

• View Profile
« Reply #41126 on: April 21, 2017, 07:20:57 PM »
Sadly a torn ACL and PCL for Zlatan.  Nasty.    Season over so unlikely to play for United again but hopefully he recovers sufficiently to play for another club again somewhere.

AZOffaly

• View Profile
« Reply #41127 on: April 21, 2017, 08:39:38 PM »
Jaysus.

Boycey

• View Profile
« Reply #41128 on: April 21, 2017, 08:43:14 PM »
Tough one for Zlatan, possibly/probably the end of his career?

Tony Baloney

• View Profile
« Reply #41129 on: April 21, 2017, 08:59:14 PM »
Tough one for Zlatan, possibly/probably the end of his career?
He'll be 36 when he comes back. I'm sure retirement or a stupid money move to China will be in his thoughts.