Man Utd Thread:

Started by full back, November 10, 2006, 08:13:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Main Street

There's something about Man U which brings out the best in Boruc, his holy goaliness.

stiffler

Early coupon buster this week.

Zlatan deserves a ban for that pen never mind the elbow.
GAABoard Fantasy Cheltenham Competition- Most winners 2009

Boycey

Its a pity Zlatan didn't get sent off, United were creating plenty of chances when the teams were on equal terms. When down to 10 Bournemouth were able to sit in and Uniteds old failing of not being able to break down a solid defensive set up reappeared.

Zlatan deserves a 3 match ban but might get away with it as the ref appeared to deal with on the field at the time, which is the rule retrospective bans are for incidents that are missed completely.

As someone said further up, 6th is about where you deserve to be if you don't win games like that.

Boycey

Quote from: stiffler on March 04, 2017, 02:36:18 PM
Early coupon buster this week.

Zlatan deserves a ban for that pen never mind the elbow.

Schoolboy error, never put the early match in no matter how tempting  ;D

magpie seanie

That unravelled quite quickly. The inexperience in United's side showed when chasing the winner. Pogba especially, he really is brainless at times. Rooney though was again a complete disgrace. Game should have been out of sight at half time. At this point Rooney is like someone who won a competition to get to play a game with professionals he looks so out of place. Again - the manager has to take some of the blame. The triple substitution was daft. Rashford for Rooney should have been done at half time. Lingard for Shaw added nothing nor did Fellaini for Carrick. Carrick's experience and brain badly missed towards the end. Mata the only one displaying a cool head in the last twenty minutes....he deserves credit. I hope Mourinho shuts his mouth and says nothing about the ref afterwards.

Ibra never featured after the pre half time incidents. Very hard to criticise him after when that Mings guy did to him but he'll get a retrospective ban for sure. I got the feeling that when Bournemouth started getting physical and lunging into challenges United didn't want to know. The ref was absolutely terrible. People will point to Ibra not being sent off and the penalty awarded to United (wasn't one) but there were many other things that went against United in the game. If he'd sent off Mings initially for the head stamp (preceded by an out of control luncge on Rooney) it would have been fine.

Another blow in the league. Not scoring enough goals. Each game is a cup final from now until the end of the season. Can't afford to keep having these silly draws.

Milltown Row2

Only seen last twenty minutes as I was refereeing (first match this year, brutal)

Utd for all their possession couldn't create a decent chance against ten men, difficult when a team has everyone back as other teams have found.. Jose was quick not to blame anyone but Utd for not taking their chance..

Doing their level best to stay 6th
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

The Stallion

Half the Utd team needs replaced. There are too many donkeys in the squad like Jones, Smalling, Carrick, Rojo, Fellaini etc

Milltown Row2

Quote from: The Stallion on March 04, 2017, 04:32:02 PM
Half the Utd team needs replaced. There are too many donkeys in the squad like Jones, Smalling, Carrick, Rojo, Fellaini etc

Takes a donkey to know a donkey I suppose
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

blewuporstuffed

Quote from: lurganblue on March 04, 2017, 02:31:36 PM
Quote from: blewuporstuffed on March 04, 2017, 02:29:38 PM
Quote from: Thastheball on March 04, 2017, 02:26:47 PM
Thought Pogba was so poor the last twenty, couldn't pass a ball to his own team.
Shocking performance from Pogba.

2nd highest rated performer on Utd team by whoscored.com
based on what?
The number of times he gave the ball away cheaply or the number of decent chances he fluffed?
I can only please one person per day. Today is not your day. Tomorrow doesn't look good either

magpie seanie

The sending off worked against United. Bournemouth we're wide open with 11, then shut things down when reduced to 10.

Glad Mourinho kept the cool afterwards. A bit of waffle and move on. That's all that's needed.

The Stallion

No. That would be silly.

Orior

Shocking blatant lie by Rooney on Sky earlier. He told he interviewer that  he saw the head stamp but not the elbow incident. The replay clearly shows Rooney was looking the other way when the alleged head stamp happened.
Cover me in chocolate and feed me to the lesbians

Boycey

Quote from: Orior on March 04, 2017, 06:05:31 PM
Shocking blatant lie by Rooney on Sky earlier. He told he interviewer that  he saw the head stamp but not the elbow incident. The replay clearly shows Rooney was looking the other way when the alleged head stamp happened.

That's the big talking point alright, what Wayne saw  ;D

StGallsGAA

Quote from: Orior on March 04, 2017, 06:05:31 PM

Scouser being dishonest.  Hardly a shocker.

Boycey

I'm reading today that not only did Zlatan elbow Mings he also headbutted his foot, shocking from the big man..