Man Utd Thread:

Started by full back, November 10, 2006, 08:13:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Milltown Row2

Quote from: The Stallion on January 04, 2017, 07:52:50 PM
They don't necessarily even themselves out. And even if they did it's no reason to accept incompetence.

Managers players show incompetence every week!! Doesn't stop fans going to the games buying merchandise... it's part of the game, linesmen and referees won't get it right all the time, big deal...typical media hyperbole things to the extent that players/managers/referees get a verbal hiding!

There is not one club who doesn't feel aggrieved during a match, slow motion 30 cameras have a lot to answer for, if they are real about getting it right then go down the rugby route, if not, stop bloody moaning
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

stiffler

Would Utd fans be hoping for a Chelsea win tonight to open the door for 4th?
GAABoard Fantasy Cheltenham Competition- Most winners 2009

Boycey

Quote from: stiffler on January 04, 2017, 08:17:58 PM
Would Utd fans be hoping for a Chelsea win tonight to open the door for 4th?

Is it not ajar already?

Anyway I've not given up on the title yet  8)

Milltown Row2

None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

ziggy90

Questions that shouldn't be asked shouldn't be answered

DuffleKing

I presume we wouldn't be expecting Jose to purchase in this window?

Boycey

Quote from: DuffleKing on January 04, 2017, 08:46:19 PM

I presume we wouldn't be expecting Jose to purchase in this window?

Evra rumour kicking about for last few days, and possibly a squad player if Schneiderlin and Bastian both go?

OgraAnDun

I reckon Utd would be looking for another decent CM. Carrick in his last couple of seasons and one bad injury to Pogba/Carrick/Herrera and its most likely Fellaini in midfield every week for a couple of months.

DuffleKing

If the German, the Frenchman and the Belgian are surplus and carrick not able for a heavy workload then there is a need for a cm. The type of player that the squad is missing in mf is an out and out holding player in the mould of kante or wanyame.

Aaron Boone

Someone like Mascherano from Barca  could be tempted.

magpie seanie

United supposed to be buying a defender (Swedish guy) from Benfica, no? Central midfield worries me....as it has since Roy Keane was dumped by Fergie. Carrick is so important in part because he has so little cover. Still think Basti and Schneiderlin should be used more....especially in the upcoming cup games. I'd hold onto them.

nrico2006

'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

Maroon Manc

Bad result last night, we've no hope of catching Chelsea unless they completely collapse which I just don't see happening.

Spurs were good last night but they won't win a league without adding more goals to that team. Like United they'll struggle with Thursday night football especially considering the size of their squad.

Liverpool in 10 days time is such a huge game, Mane will be a huge loss for them although Coutinho will probably be back. Liverpool have their weaknesses and I'd like to think United will exploit them.

I wouldn't want Carvalho at OT from what I've seen, too limited a player. So far Mourinho has made 4 brilliant signings, I trust him to get it right.

Boycey

Quote from: Maroon Manc on January 05, 2017, 12:09:40 PM
Bad result last night, we've no hope of catching Chelsea unless they completely collapse which I just don't see happening.

Spurs were good last night but they won't win a league without adding more goals to that team. Like United they'll struggle with Thursday night football especially considering the size of their squad.

Liverpool in 10 days time is such a huge game, Mane will be a huge loss for them although Coutinho will probably be back. Liverpool have their weaknesses and I'd like to think United will exploit them.

I wouldn't want Carvalho at OT from what I've seen, too limited a player. So far Mourinho has made 4 brilliant signings, I trust him to get it right.

I dunno, I think we get obsessed about looking at other results. There are enough games left for every team to be masters of their own destiny. In Uniteds case they're on 39 points with 54 points to play for, another 39 points should see them comfortably in top 4 I'd say. A few more any they'd be in with an unlikely title shot, a few less and top 4 becomes a doubt. The only time you should be worrying about other teams results is with 4/5 games left, teams will all pick up and drop points unexpectedly along the way..

I see Ravel is back in town, training with Wigan but not been offered a contract yet. Some difference in career paths between him and Pogba.

Captain Obvious

Rooney levels Charltons record with his knee.