Man Utd Thread:

Started by full back, November 10, 2006, 08:13:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

GJL

Just seen the disallowed goal. Terrible decision. Good to get the points with 2 late goals. 5 league wins in a row. Good form. Pogba starting to justify the price tag and is improving all the time as he settles in.

orangeman

Your name is on the cup after that finish ! Reminiscent of Fergie time.

Captain Obvious

Manchester United win with two late goals on Alex Fergusons birthday. You couldn't write these scripts.

GJL

Decent Christmas return but to be fair they are all games you would expect an in form Utd to win. Liverpool next is a BIG game.

magpie seanie

I'm not Jose's biggest fan but he did well yesterday with the substitutions. Funnily enough the sending off turned out to be a disadvantage to United - meant West Ham didn't really try to attack and Mike Dean then let a few crazy challenges away. Standard of refereeing is terrible this season, absolutely terrible.

Need to keep winning to try and make up for the early season fcuk-ups. Busy January ahead with lots of cup games too. Hull three times between now and Feb 1st.

Maroon Manc

At least we've got ourselves back in the top 4 hunt. We were 12 points behind Liverpool and 10 behind City going into December so we've done well to claw back 7 points on both sides. Rashford was brilliant when he came on, looks like he's learning how to play out wide; We've got great options on the bench, Mata is having a very good season and makes a difference everytime he comes on. I still worry about Pogba & Herrera, they've played a lot of games and play in a position where their energy is important. We're in desperate need of another centre mid. As for Zlatan he's a freak, he's played more game than anyone else yet but showing no signs of slowing down.

I still think top 4 will be difficult because of Thursday night games but at least we've given ourselves a chance. The game against Liverpool is huge, if we can win their back in the top 4 hunt as opposed to challenging for the title although winning that game is as imperative as it was a few weeks ago.

As for the decision last night it was no way near as bad ad they were making out, lets see if the FA rescinds the red card first. We've been on the receiving end of a lot of bad decisions this season which have probably cost us points which have barely been mentioned. Martial nearly had his ankle taken off in the box against Boro yet wasn't even mentioned by any of the commentators.

Asal Mor

Quote from: magpie seanie on January 03, 2017, 09:26:22 AM
I'm not Jose's biggest fan but he did well yesterday with the substitutions. Funnily enough the sending off turned out to be a disadvantage to United - meant West Ham didn't really try to attack and Mike Dean then let a few crazy challenges away. Standard of refereeing is terrible this season, absolutely terrible.

Need to keep winning to try and make up for the early season fcuk-ups. Busy January ahead with lots of cup games too. Hull three times between now and Feb 1st.
That is funny.

magpie seanie

Quote from: Asal Mor on January 03, 2017, 02:04:14 PM

That is funny.

Why is it funny? Did you see the game? Did you see the tackle on Mkhitaryan that received no card? Did you see that Herrera got split and the ref waved play on and West Ham nearly scored? Did you see how difficult West Ham were to break down until Mourinho injected some pace out wide through Rashford?

magpie seanie

Quote from: Maroon Manc on January 03, 2017, 01:44:51 PM
At least we've got ourselves back in the top 4 hunt. We were 12 points behind Liverpool and 10 behind City going into December so we've done well to claw back 7 points on both sides. Rashford was brilliant when he came on, looks like he's learning how to play out wide; We've got great options on the bench, Mata is having a very good season and makes a difference everytime he comes on. I still worry about Pogba & Herrera, they've played a lot of games and play in a position where their energy is important. We're in desperate need of another centre mid. As for Zlatan he's a freak, he's played more game than anyone else yet but showing no signs of slowing down.

I still think top 4 will be difficult because of Thursday night games but at least we've given ourselves a chance. The game against Liverpool is huge, if we can win their back in the top 4 hunt as opposed to challenging for the title although winning that game is as imperative as it was a few weeks ago.

As for the decision last night it was no way near as bad ad they were making out, lets see if the FA rescinds the red card first. We've been on the receiving end of a lot of bad decisions this season which have probably cost us points which have barely been mentioned. Martial nearly had his ankle taken off in the box against Boro yet wasn't even mentioned by any of the commentators.

Yes, I go along with all of this but Mourinho has to keep picking his strongest team for the league games due to his inability to pick the team correctly for the first few months. I'd be resting Herrera and Pogba on Saturday for sure as well as Carrick.

I agree re: the red card. I think a yellow was probably the correct decision but Fehgouli left the ground with both feet and when you do that, the way the game is refereed nowadays, you're in dangerous territory. I find Bilic's comments about Jones to be pretty unfair and totally hypocritical. I think Jones did get a sore belt but regardless - Bilic's previous actions (feigning injury, diving) and pronouncements (ok for my players to dive) clearly indicate a double standard. To suggest Jones should have been red carded is beyond laughable. It seemed when he was in charge of a Croatia side that mesmerised England that he was going to be the next big thing in management.....seems he was just in the right place at the right time like another high profile highly rated manager I could think of!

StGallsGAA

Can someone please get a message to Jose to threaten Rojo with the sack unless he stops shooting instead of passing.  The tit shouldn't be near the opposition penalty box - ever!!

Asal Mor

Quote from: magpie seanie on January 03, 2017, 02:22:49 PM

That is funny.

Why is it funny? Did you see the game? Did you see the tackle on Mkhitaryan that received no card? Did you see that Herrera got split and the ref waved play on and West Ham nearly scored? Did you see how difficult West Ham were to break down until Mourinho injected some pace out wide through Rashford?
Yeah that other tackle should have been a red but it's a different game at that point because of the sending off, and West Ham's players are more desperate and probably a bit angry too at that point. Kouyate might never have made that challenge if the red card hadn't happened. Even leaving aside the offside goal, Mike Dean gifted Utd the game with the sending off.

They may have won anyway 11 v 11, but that's something we'll never know.

Minder

The FA have rescinded the red card
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

Boycey

Quote from: Minder on January 04, 2017, 04:28:45 PM

The FA have rescinded the red card

I'd say Leicester are delighted with that... FA are a strange lot and show no consistency. It was extremely harsh but I thought it'd have stood all the same considering Jamie Vardys appeal was turned down.

I was only half watching the game last night and only saw one angle of it but was Bournemouths red dubious too?

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Asal Mor on January 04, 2017, 02:09:33 PM
Quote from: magpie seanie on January 03, 2017, 02:22:49 PM

That is funny.

Yeah that other tackle should have been a red but it's a different game at that point because of the sending off, and West Ham's players are more desperate and probably a bit angry too at that point. Kouyate might never have made that challenge if the red card hadn't happened. Even leaving aside the offside goal, Mike Dean gifted Utd the game with the sending off.

They may have won anyway 11 v 11, but that's something we'll never know.

Pointless debate!!! You can look at 100 decisions with teams over the season in any sport and pick faults... shoulda woulda coulda made a difference.... these things over the season even themselves out...
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

The Stallion

They don't necessarily even themselves out. And even if they did it's no reason to accept incompetence.