Man Utd Thread:

Started by full back, November 10, 2006, 08:13:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Captain Obvious

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on October 26, 2016, 09:57:46 PM
City never had a shot on target for 94 minutes!
Poor from Manchester City when you consider the Manchester United center backs was Rojo and Blind.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Captain Obvious on October 26, 2016, 10:10:42 PM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on October 26, 2016, 09:57:46 PM
City never had a shot on target for 94 minutes!
Poor from Manchester City when you consider the Manchester United center backs was Rojo and Blind.

City's worse run of games since Hughes time there!!
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

screenexile

2 fouls in the build up to the Utd goal... Is Dean the new Webb??

Both teams fairly poor tonight City's backup wouldn't inspire Pep too much likewise Utd's team wouldn't give much confidence either... United just about deserved the win which will take the heat off José for the time being!

Milltown Row2

Quote from: screenexile on October 26, 2016, 10:23:45 PM
2 fouls in the build up to the Utd goal... Is Dean the new Webb??

Both teams fairly poor tonight City's backup wouldn't inspire Pep too much likewise Utd's team wouldn't give much confidence either... United just about deserved the win which will take the heat off José for the time being!

Well that depends on how you see it! There really wasn't any complaints from the City players, always good indicator... these things even themselves out over the course of the season, sometimes they work for you and times they don't ... not having a shot on target tells its own story though
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

seafoid

Quote from: ashman on October 24, 2016, 12:05:11 AM
Quote from: magpie seanie on October 23, 2016, 10:09:20 PM
And criticising Conte for whipping up the crowd at 4-0. f**king hypocrite.

United's away supporters were superb as usual, the deserve better.

United"s away supporters are idiots as are most soccer fans .  Paying the wages of distant mercenaries.
Loads of people are pissed off with how soccer has gone
https://www.theguardian.com/football/2016/oct/26/football-fans-stream-sky-bt-sport-live-viewers

ashman

Quote from: seafoid on October 26, 2016, 10:52:37 PM

United"s away supporters are idiots as are most soccer fans .  Paying the wages of distant mercenaries.
https://www.theguardian.com/football/2016/oct/26/football-fans-stream-sky-bt-sport-live-viewers

Soccer was always the circus for the British ruling class .  If had a big of decency up to the 70s .  It is now a money game without a soul . 

seafoid

Quote from: ashman on October 26, 2016, 11:06:16 PM
Quote from: seafoid on October 26, 2016, 10:52:37 PM

Soccer was always the circus for the British ruling class .  If had a big of decency up to the 70s .  It is now a money game without a soul .
I agree. And the spin is so over the top

seafoid

Quote from: Hound on October 26, 2016, 08:43:04 AM
Supposed to be a very good interview with Mourinho on Sky this evening as part of the build up to the League Cup match.

From the excerpts below, he sounds fairly miserable, but that might not be the full picture. He is staying at the Lowry Hotel in the centre of Manchester with his wife and two children still living in their London home. And he is unable to leave the hotel without the paparazzi following:

"Buy a house? I do not know... I do not know.

"But the reality is that my daughter (Matilde) will be 20 next week. My son (Jose Jr) will be 17 in a couple of months. They are very stable... university in London, football in London, friends.

"So, they are at an age where they can't chase me like they did before. So, for the first time, the family lives in a different way. We try to feel it, we try to see the evolution of our feelings and see how we cope with the situation.

"But maybe, if I can get a good apartment... not these giant houses that the press says I'm going to buy. I will never buy that. But if I find a nice apartment with a good connection from the garage to the apartment, maybe I do it - but I can't cook!

"You know the history of the paparazzi.

"For me, it's a bit of a disaster because I want sometimes to walk a little bit and I can't. I just want to cross the bridge and go to a restaurant. I can't, so it is really bad.

"But I have my apps and I can ask for food to also be delivered, which I do sometimes."
doesnt sound good for his mental health

Maroon Manc

A crap first half where City shaded it but when United decided to shift the back 4 higher up the pitch and get players closer to Zlatan we caused them plenty of problems. Hopefully we see that midfield 3 against the better teams as it looks to be the most balanced, Shaw showed in the first half why he's not been playing as he's way off the pace although he improved in the 2nd half. Buying a replacement for Carrick has to be Mourinho's next buy.

nrico2006

Shaw hasn't been playing hence why he isn't going to be near his best.

Mourinho always likes a strong defensive midfielder and this team is crying out for one, I would have thought Schneiderlin would have been the man or could Fosu Mensah not get a chance?  I liked the look of that team last night moreso that the ones lined out recently.
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

Maroon Manc

Quote from: nrico2006 on October 27, 2016, 11:28:35 AM
Shaw hasn't been playing hence why he isn't going to be near his best.

Mourinho always likes a strong defensive midfielder and this team is crying out for one, I would have thought Schneiderlin would have been the man or could Fosu Mensah not get a chance?  I liked the look of that team last night moreso that the ones lined out recently.

That first half performance was miles away from where he should be though, he made Navas look like a top player and he's not. He did improve in the second half, likely going to be another month before he's back to his best but at least he'll get the games to help him. Valencia again did well, he's been one of our better performers all season.

If we're going to play Pogba & Herrera in a 3 we need a player who is a very good passer of the ball to complement them and Schneiderlin is limited in that aspect. Fosu-Mensah more of a box to box midfielder although his best position will be at centre half.

magpie seanie

Good analysis. Carrick has to be in that team more often than not. It defies belief that Carrick is being under-utilised like this. Carrick and Herrera give you a decent foundation. Pogba is going to be hit and miss....hasn't the concentration or instincts to be a fully rounded midfielder so best to push him up, a freer role. He has the tools to do damage farther up the pitch. A replacement for Carrick will be hard to find.  I've often criticised him but no one else in this squad can do the things he does.

Ibrahimovic is brilliant but needs players around him and has too often been isolated in recent times (when you play 6 at the back this happens).

It was a much needed win.

under the bar

As brilliant as Carrick has been - easily the best in England in his position over the past 6-7 years- he is now 35 and his legs are seriously gone.    Therefore if he is being touted by one and all as the solution,  the problem must be a pretty dire one.

trileacman

Quote from: seafoid on October 27, 2016, 07:41:47 AM
Quote from: Hound on October 26, 2016, 08:43:04 AM
Supposed to be a very good interview with Mourinho on Sky this evening as part of the build up to the League Cup match.

From the excerpts below, he sounds fairly miserable, but that might not be the full picture. He is staying at the Lowry Hotel in the centre of Manchester with his wife and two children still living in their London home. And he is unable to leave the hotel without the paparazzi following:

"Buy a house? I do not know... I do not know.

"But the reality is that my daughter (Matilde) will be 20 next week. My son (Jose Jr) will be 17 in a couple of months. They are very stable... university in London, football in London, friends.

"So, they are at an age where they can't chase me like they did before. So, for the first time, the family lives in a different way. We try to feel it, we try to see the evolution of our feelings and see how we cope with the situation.

"But maybe, if I can get a good apartment... not these giant houses that the press says I'm going to buy. I will never buy that. But if I find a nice apartment with a good connection from the garage to the apartment, maybe I do it - but I can't cook!

"You know the history of the paparazzi.

"For me, it's a bit of a disaster because I want sometimes to walk a little bit and I can't. I just want to cross the bridge and go to a restaurant. I can't, so it is really bad.

"But I have my apps and I can ask for food to also be delivered, which I do sometimes."
doesnt sound good for his mental health

Jesus I actually do pity him after that.
Fantasy Rugby World Cup Champion 2011,
Fantasy 6 Nations Champion 2014

magpie seanie

First world problems. I'm sure he can afford a driver to take him to a restaurant and back. I'd also be fairly sure the grub at the training ground is better than your average canteen.

He's a f**king con man.