Man Utd Thread:

Started by full back, November 10, 2006, 08:13:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Maroon Manc

That was a terrible performance against one of the poorer Chelsea teams of recent years which makes it worse. It could get worse if Bailly is out for the season and our chances of making the top 4 would be even slimmer. My only gripe with Mourinho is Fellaini, just don't get how he keeps getting games; Too many players have been bought that aren't just good enough and others have been bought for the sake of buying and not sure where they fit it.

United have to go on a run before xmas to close that gap, got to beat Spurs and Arsenal at home.

It may not have mattered but Martin Atkinson once against makes a huge mistake by not sending Luiz off.

under the bar

Presumably Mourinho was planning a counter attacking game starting both Rashford and Lindgard?  A game plan that was shredded after the first minute.   Why on earth was Fellaini starting and not Carrick?  If I never see Fellaini in a United shirt again it wail be too soon.

nrico2006

Why is Shaw not paying?
Why is Mkhitaryan not playing?
Why is Carrick not playing?
Why is Schneiderlin not playing?
Why is Feilani playing?
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

Cunny Funt

Quote from: nrico2006 on October 25, 2016, 08:21:39 AM
Why is Shaw not paying? Hasn't got over his horrific injury
Why is Mkhitaryan not playing? Hidden injury or a fall out after the Manchester derby
Why is Carrick not playing? Too old won't be played very often anymore
Why is Schneiderlin not playing? Not good enough
Why is Feilani playing? For physically and added height at set pieces
[/quote

Maroon Manc

We desperately need to replace Carrick and I'd imagine the next player we sign will be a holding midfielder. Against the better teams where we play a midfield 3 I'd start Carrick, Herrera & Pogba. Looks like Mourinho doesn't rate Schniederlin, he's a very good player but another signing that was for the sake of it and there's been too many of them the last few years.

tiempo

Quote from: Maroon Manc on October 25, 2016, 10:43:15 AM
We desperately need to replace Carrick and I'd imagine the next player we sign will be a holding midfielder. Against the better teams where we play a midfield 3 I'd start Carrick, Herrera & Pogba. Looks like Mourinho doesn't rate Schniederlin, he's a very good player but another signing that was for the sake of it and there's been too many of them the last few years.

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2016/oct/24/manchester-united-paul-pogba

Boycey

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-3871578/Eric-Bailly-two-months-knee-injury-Manchester-United-blow.html?ITO=1490&ns_mchannel=rss&ns_campaign=1490

Bailly out for two months, more likely three I suppose as that's about the time he be due to head for African cup of Nations.. Big blow, I'd like to see Axel or Timmy get a go but I presume it'll be Blind/Roja/Jones

CornerBackNo2

As Boycey said, I would love to see Fosu-Mensah or Tuanzebe getting an opportunity now that Bailly is out. If thats the case , Blind should be played as a holding midfielder alongside Herrera, with Carrick used on occasion. Defensively solid, and can pick a pass too. Would allow Herrera to push further forward and have more of an attacking mindset. Cannot understand why JM doesnt rate Schneiderlin.....

Hound

Supposed to be a very good interview with Mourinho on Sky this evening as part of the build up to the League Cup match.

From the excerpts below, he sounds fairly miserable, but that might not be the full picture. He is staying at the Lowry Hotel in the centre of Manchester with his wife and two children still living in their London home. And he is unable to leave the hotel without the paparazzi following:

"Buy a house? I do not know... I do not know.

"But the reality is that my daughter (Matilde) will be 20 next week. My son (Jose Jr) will be 17 in a couple of months. They are very stable... university in London, football in London, friends.

"So, they are at an age where they can't chase me like they did before. So, for the first time, the family lives in a different way. We try to feel it, we try to see the evolution of our feelings and see how we cope with the situation.

"But maybe, if I can get a good apartment... not these giant houses that the press says I'm going to buy. I will never buy that. But if I find a nice apartment with a good connection from the garage to the apartment, maybe I do it - but I can't cook!

"You know the history of the paparazzi.

"For me, it's a bit of a disaster because I want sometimes to walk a little bit and I can't. I just want to cross the bridge and go to a restaurant. I can't, so it is really bad.

"But I have my apps and I can ask for food to also be delivered, which I do sometimes."

Maroon Manc

Still think Tuanzebe looks a bit light yet but he's certainly got a great chance of making it, I'd certainly rather see Fosu-Mensah ahead of Rojo although I suspect we'll see a back 4 of Valencia, Smalling, Blind & Shaw for the next few months. Along with Ro-Shaun Williams these are the best 3 centre half's who've come through the academy since Wes Brown.

As for Mourinho he could well be taking the heat of the players which he's done before.

Farrandeelin

Both teams unable to string 3 decent passes together so far.
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

magpie seanie

Quote from: Maroon Manc on October 26, 2016, 10:44:22 AM
Still think Tuanzebe looks a bit light yet but he's certainly got a great chance of making it, I'd certainly rather see Fosu-Mensah ahead of Rojo although I suspect we'll see a back 4 of Valencia, Smalling, Blind & Shaw for the next few months. Along with Ro-Shaun Williams these are the best 3 centre half's who've come through the academy since Wes Brown.

As for Mourinho he could well be taking the heat of the players which he's done before.

Hopefully he's really miserable and he walks out sooner rather than later before more damage is done.

Wasting your time talking about the young players getting a run until this manager is got rid of. For all his faults at least the previous manager gave the young lads a run.

No attempts on target by either side so far. Maybe it wasn't Van Gaal - maybe that's just the way the game has gone???

AZOffaly

Was that not a free out?

Milltown Row2

City never had a shot on target for 94 minutes! Very much like Utd's last few games!

City's reserves are pretty handy, massive strength in depth

Hopefully home to Liverpool next round
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Boycey

Quote from: AZOffaly on October 26, 2016, 09:14:02 PM
Was that not a free out?

From side on looks a free from behind goal maybe not...

Important enough wee win..