Man Utd Thread:

Started by full back, November 10, 2006, 08:13:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Carmen Stateside on October 20, 2016, 10:24:20 AM
What Maureens wage at United? surely they could have got Pulis to do the same job for a lot less.  But i guess when the fans are satisfied with a 0-0 it shows how times have changed for the most expensively assembled  side in world football.

Will you come out and say the same should Liverpool 'park the bus' away from home against one of their rivals? I've never heard so much gurning over a 0-0 game.. wasnt like Liverpool were amazing
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

magpie seanie

Quote from: Maroon Manc on October 20, 2016, 11:59:16 AM
Fegie had us playing plenty of dross in his time for long periods, from 86-90 there was long periods of poor football. It took him 5 years to get it right and we then had a long period up until 2003 when the football was brilliant. Then for about 2 to 3  years the the football wasn't great until after xmas 2006 where once again we played some great football. But even when we won the league and got to a CL final in 08/09 there was plenty of games that we weren't great and from then up until he left in 2013 the football wasn't that exciting.

Its going to take time and I'd like to think he can get us playing like his Chelsea team that won back to back titles from 04 to 06, this is a new team where only a couple of the first choice players have been around the first team squad for longer than 2 to 3 years.

So aspiring to be like Chelsea is the ambition now.  :o This is Manchester United!!!!! United should be compared to Real, Barca, Bayern.....not Chelsea. If United played like this under LVG people would go crazy (and they did). LVG was past his best but even this guys best is not good enough for Manchester United.

The fare in Ferguson's time wasn't always good but the intention would always have been there bar when injuries/poor form dictated. If there was an exercise of bus parking it wasn't celebrated.....it was job done, move on. Mourinho was c**k a hoop.

NAG1

Quote from: magpie seanie on October 20, 2016, 01:32:59 PM
Fegie had us playing plenty of dross in his time for long periods, from 86-90 there was long periods of poor football. It took him 5 years to get it right and we then had a long period up until 2003 when the football was brilliant. Then for about 2 to 3  years the the football wasn't great until after xmas 2006 where once again we played some great football. But even when we won the league and got to a CL final in 08/09 there was plenty of games that we weren't great and from then up until he left in 2013 the football wasn't that exciting.

Its going to take time and I'd like to think he can get us playing like his Chelsea team that won back to back titles from 04 to 06, this is a new team where only a couple of the first choice players have been around the first team squad for longer than 2 to 3 years.

So aspiring to be like Chelsea is the ambition now.  :o This is Manchester United!!!!! United should be compared to Real, Barca, Bayern.....not Chelsea. If United played like this under LVG people would go crazy (and they did). LVG was past his best but even this guys best is not good enough for Manchester United.

The fare in Ferguson's time wasn't always good but the intention would always have been there bar when injuries/poor form dictated. If there was an exercise of bus parking it wasn't celebrated.....it was job done, move on. Mourinho was c**k a hoop.

I would hardly describe him as that after the game, he said something along the lines of defensively the team did their job but offensively they didnt.

Think that is a fair summation, the team dominated the ball in the first 15/20mins and could have pressed for an opener then. The longer the game went on the more a point looked like a good result.

I would be happy to suffer a few performances like this one with a view down the line to building a better system/ team.

Agree though total over reaction to a nil nil.

Maroon Manc

Quote from: magpie seanie on October 20, 2016, 01:32:59 PM

We've finished outside the top 4 in 2 of the last 3 seasons so we're miles off Barca, Real & Bayern. We've had 4 different managers at the start of the last 5 seasons who've all had full control of player recruitment, the club needs a manager to get united back to where we should be based on the financial clout we now have and Mourinho is one of the very best if not the best based on his record.

Klopp would have been my first choice but it wasn't too happen.

Real were nothing special to watch last season and I doubt Bayern will be under Ancelotti, one of the reasons Barca are good to watch is because they have 4 of the worlds best players in their front 6.

I'm confident by this time next year Mourinho will have added another couple of top players to the first 11 and we'll be better to watch whilst remaining competitive. As for the other night United pressed Liverpool really well in the first half, we just didn't play well enough as an attacking unit to to cause them enough problems, we didn't take advantage when we were on top and its always going to be difficult to stay on top against one of your rivals for 90 minutes.

Boycey

A dozen odd games Mourinho has been in charge, anyone that is judging him or United actually on that timeframe needs to give their head a wobble. 

GJL

Screamer by Pogba. 😋😋

Farrandeelin

Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

Maroon Manc

Good result and some good very good football so naturally this place has gone very quiet.

Minder

Yeah it's a big conspiracy
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

Carmen Stateside

Quote from: Maroon Manc on October 21, 2016, 01:01:11 PM
Good result and some good very good football so naturally this place has gone very quiet.

Another maureen masterclass against Fenerbahce reserves

magpie seanie

Quote from: Maroon Manc on October 21, 2016, 01:01:11 PM

That's the minimum expectation for every game. If it starts happening more often than not and especially against decent sides I'll be happy. Not holding my breath though.

magpie seanie

This is a complete shambles. Worse than anything under LVG. Mourinho out.

screenexile

Quote from: magpie seanie on October 23, 2016, 04:34:22 PM
This is a complete shambles. Worse than anything under LVG. Mourinho out.

Now we see why you played 8 at the back v Liverpool!!

Carmen Stateside

yellowcard

Rubbish, needs to get Martial and Rashford up front and take off Ibrahimovic. Get Carrick on for Fellaini. Pogba a big disapointment so far yet again.