Man Utd Thread:

Started by full back, November 10, 2006, 08:13:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

TabClear

Quote from: Over the Bar on October 17, 2016, 11:28:29 PM
Not leaving Anfield with the usual 3 points must feel weird for quite a number of the United players.

To be fair Mourinho has you well set up well to frustrate better footballing teams. Much like Big Sam's Bolton or Stoke under Pulis. Enjoy

Milltown Row2

More pool supporters on here than normal...

Anyways I thought Utd controlled the first half and Liverpool dominated the second half, boring game with no real fight to it... was disappointed with Liverpool as I thought they had good form and wanted to go top. Two points dropped at home and a point gained by Utd away from home
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Maroon Manc

Content with that and happy with the way we set up. If only we'd have started with similar tactics against City.

We stopped Liverpool from playing unfortunately we didn't have enough quality in the final 3rd to trouble Liverpool enough, that will come with time. Rashford showed great maturity and was outstanding in the defensive side of the role, as soon as he went off Liverpool exposed us twice down that side as a certain scouser was caught cold.

Herrera was outstanding again, Fellaini did ok but really don't want to see too much of him. Pogba & Zlatan never got going and Young did well tracking back but is now non existent as an attacking threat.

NAG1

Quote from: Maroon Manc on October 18, 2016, 09:57:57 AM
Content with that and happy with the way we set up. If only we'd have started with similar tactics against City.

We stopped Liverpool from playing unfortunately we didn't have enough quality in the final 3rd to trouble Liverpool enough, that will come with time. Rashford showed great maturity and was outstanding in the defensive side of the role, as soon as he went off Liverpool exposed us twice down that side as a certain scouser was caught cold.

Herrera was outstanding again, Fellaini did ok but really don't want to see too much of him. Pogba & Zlatan never got going and Young did well tracking back but is now non existent as an attacking threat.

Young did exactly as he was told and JM was happy with him as could be seen by his reaction when subbed.

Dour stuff but you can see with the fixture list over the next week or so coming up, JM didnt want to get off to a losing start. Think they gave this Liverpool side a bit too much respect and with a bit more confidence in the team they really could have gone at them a bit more.

JM hinted at this in his post match press conference and it was his intention to do so by bring Rashford more central to play of Ibra until he went down with cramp.

Not swashbuckling stuff but a decent point.

Great to see Herrara delivering on the promise for which he was bought. Have always been a fan and hopefully with a run of games he can start to dictate the game a bit more in that position.

blewuporstuffed

Quote from: NAG1 on October 18, 2016, 10:06:52 AM

Young did exactly as he was told and JM was happy with him as could be seen by his reaction when subbed.

Dour stuff but you can see with the fixture list over the next week or so coming up, JM didnt want to get off to a losing start. Think they gave this Liverpool side a bit too much respect and with a bit more confidence in the team they really could have gone at them a bit more.

JM hinted at this in his post match press conference and it was his intention to do so by bring Rashford more central to play of Ibra until he went down with cramp.

Great to see Herrara delivering on the promise for which he was bought. Have always been a fan and hopefully with a run of games he can start to dictate the game a bit more in that position.

Now there is an understatement.
I can only please one person per day. Today is not your day. Tomorrow doesn't look good either

Maroon Manc

Young did what he was told to do from a defensive point of view and Mourinho will be delighted with that but he's certainly not as quick as he used to be and doesn't carry the threat going forward he used to have. Hopefully Mourhino can get Martial & Mkhitaryan to work equally as hard. Its not looking good for Depay when he can't even get a place on the bench with Martial & Mkhitaryan not fit. I won't be surprised to see a couple of players leaving in January with Mourinho looking to bring in a central midfielder.

TabClear

Herrera was excellent.  First time I've seen him in that role and he controlled the game in 1st half.  2nd half Can improved and when lallana came on Liverpool dominated in the central 3rd as United retreated.  Rashford is a real talent and to be as disciplined as he was in a defensive role is a good sign for United. 

That's the 3rd United game I've watched in its entirety this year and Pogba has been dreadful in every one. Giving the ball away and not working hard enough.  Jose needs to sort out a system to bring him into the game a la his Juve days.

Maroon Manc

Pogba wasn't great but I was pleased to see him in that role, this is where I want to see him in the big games this season. In fairness he produced the only bit of real quality from a United player all night with that cross to Zlatan. I thought we'd see more of Schniderlin and I know he was injured last night but it looks like Mourinho isn't a fan. Darmian is another one who doesn't look to have a future at OT.

nrico2006

I would like to see more of Schneiderlin and what is the craic with Mkhitaryan - he is the player I was most excited about in the summer and potentially is the key to United creating and scoring more.
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

Maroon Manc

Quote from: nrico2006 on October 18, 2016, 11:38:26 AM
I would like to see more of Schneiderlin and what is the craic with Mkhitaryan - he is the player I was most excited about in the summer and potentially is the key to United creating and scoring more.

Not fully fit yet, think he would make a big difference to us. I'm looking forward to seeing him play more.

Cunny Funt

Schneiderlin, Darmian,Depay,Rojo are not up to the required standard and Jose will likely sell them all and replace them with better quality footballers.

magpie seanie

Celebrating how good Rashford is defensively.....crikey. Tough times. If I hadn't seen such riches....

Carmen Stateside

What Maureens wage at United? surely they could have got Pulis to do the same job for a lot less.  But i guess when the fans are satisfied with a 0-0 it shows how times have changed for the most expensively assembled  side in world football.

Jeepers Creepers

Quote from: Carmen Stateside on October 20, 2016, 10:24:20 AM
What Maureens wage at United? surely they could have got Pulis to do the same job for a lot less.  But i guess when the fans are satisfied with a 0-0 it shows how times have changed for the most expensively assembled  side in world football.

Marketing.

Maroon Manc

Fegie had us playing plenty of dross in his time for long periods, from 86-90 there was long periods of poor football. It took him 5 years to get it right and we then had a long period up until 2003 when the football was brilliant. Then for about 2 to 3  years the the football wasn't great until after xmas 2006 where once again we played some great football. But even when we won the league and got to a CL final in 08/09 there was plenty of games that we weren't great and from then up until he left in 2013 the football wasn't that exciting.

Its going to take time and I'd like to think he can get us playing like his Chelsea team that won back to back titles from 04 to 06, this is a new team where only a couple of the first choice players have been around the first team squad for longer than 2 to 3 years.