Man Utd Thread:

Started by full back, November 10, 2006, 08:13:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Boycey

Quote from: magpie seanie on May 26, 2016, 09:37:10 PM
Quote from: NAG1 on May 26, 2016, 08:45:08 PM
Quote from: magpie seanie on May 26, 2016, 08:28:58 PM
Quote from: GJL on May 26, 2016, 05:46:23 PM
The Special one has signed for the Special club. Let the fun begin.

He's not special any more.

Not happy MS?

Not one bit. The guy is a stain on an already besmirched game. United to me was special and stood for more than just winning matches and trophies  (whether that was real or my imagination doesn't matter). Now it's clear the club is no different to any other if the need for success means employing that tr**p.

I hung my colours to the mast a long time ago as being anti-Mourinho but you know what at the end of the day my affection for United is stronger than any dislike I have for him so I'm gonna run with the idea that he might be a cnut but now he's our cnut so bring it on.  8) If we can put up with the owners United have putting up with him should be a doddle..

Farrandeelin

Never mind who will come in, who will be sold? Mata more than likely, who else?
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

GJL

Quote from: Farrandeelin on May 26, 2016, 10:48:28 PM
Never mind who will come in, who will be sold? Mata more than likely, who else?

I hope Mata stays. He has a habit of popping up with important goals.

magpie seanie

Quote from: Boycey on May 26, 2016, 09:49:39 PM

Not happy MS?

Not one bit. The guy is a stain on an already besmirched game. United to me was special and stood for more than just winning matches and trophies  (whether that was real or my imagination doesn't matter). Now it's clear the club is no different to any other if the need for success means employing that tr**p.

I hung my colours to the mast a long time ago as being anti-Mourinho but you know what at the end of the day my affection for United is stronger than any dislike I have for him so I'm gonna run with the idea that he might be a cnut but now he's our cnut so bring it on.  8) If we can put up with the owners United have putting up with him should be a doddle..

He's not "our Cnut" as you put it. That was Ferguson (who despite his impossible dream is the person most responsible for this mess. That fuckin horse....). Mourinho represents everything Manchester United should not be or should stand against. Not just Manchester United, sport in general. He's a pox.

OgraAnDun

And the worst kept secret in soccer since United's last hire and fire debacle has just been confirmed.

Medic

Your commander is here! Bet youse can't wait for the season to begin! ;)
All Things Dr. Karl Raymond Marx Kennedy  - https://allthingsdockarlkennedy-blog.tumblr.com/

Boycey

Quote from: magpie seanie on May 26, 2016, 11:46:09 PM
Quote from: Boycey on May 26, 2016, 09:49:39 PM

Not happy MS?

He's not "our Cnut" as you put it. That was Ferguson (who despite his impossible dream is the person most responsible for this mess. That fuckin horse....). Mourinho represents everything Manchester United should not be or should stand against. Not just Manchester United, sport in general. He's a pox.

He is u know.

John Giles is happy...

John Giles: Man United are nothing more than a disgrace

Published
26/05/2016 | 18:28
33 Comments
Manchester United are a disgrace. I can think of no other word which does justice to the depth of feeling I have about the way this club has behaved in the last few years.
The way they handled Louis van Gaal's exit, in fact the way they have handled everything since Alex Ferguson retired, has been a shambles.
From David Moyes' sacking through to the absolute farce which executive vice chairman Ed Woodward has presided over in the transfer market for the last few years, this club has acted without any class.

I always hear people talking about 'the United way' as if the club has standards which have to be met and perhaps that is true when you're talking about the football but off the field, they have nothing to boast about.
In fact, 'the United way' is nothing more than a pretence to hide behind, a hypocritical cloak to cover the win-at-all-costs mentality which Ferguson fostered and Jose Mourinho is devoted to.

They are ready to hire Mourinho, a man with the habits of a hooligan who watched Ferguson develop a style of management which was ruthless and unrepentant and then copied him.

It is ironic indeed that any of the grandees at Old Trafford should have had reservations about Mourinho. They had no problem when Ferguson was about his work. Not quite like father like son but near enough.Van Gaal had to go but there was a right and wrong way to do it. They chose the wrong way, as they did with Moyes.

I vividly remember Ferguson, the man who anointed Moyes, saying with a straight face that he didn't ring his protegé to tell him he was sacked because he didn't want to tell him lies.
The easy solution was to tell Moyes the truth but Ferguson couldn't bring himself to do that and I think that speaks volumes.

I think Woodward can't make a decision to save his life and I see he is now courting Jorge Mendes, the mega-agent who has far more power now than any one man should have ever have.

Woodward needs Mendes to save his job now and he will rely on him to bring in the players Mourinho wants.

I'm saddened that football has come to this, even if I accept the reality of it.

I have very little time for the Dutchman from a football point of view after seeing him up close for two years but he managed to hold onto his dignity in the most difficult circumstances.

Right to the end he was talking nonsense about the job he did at Old Trafford, suggesting that he was leaving the squad in 'perfect' shape for the next man in.

Perfect is not a word I would have used and even if Mourinho will have an easier task than Pep Guardiola is facing across town at the Etihad with Manchester City, he has his work cut out to stitch together a team capable of challenging for anything next season.

But at least Van Gaal behaved professionally. In a few years time, we'll see how Mourinho gets on when he's at the other end of the equation.

GJL

AZOffaly

Bummer of a birthmark, Hal.

GJL

Maroon Manc

I'm delighted and can now really look forward to the new season, I'm hoping he brings Zlatan with him too.

Its the job he's always wanted as he knows he'll have more control over the club then he had at previous clubs.

There will be plenty of nervous players worried about their careers mainly Blind, Rojo, Fellaini & Mata. Mata is never going to be first choice under Mourinho, I can see him returning to Valencia who are now a wealthy club.

Tony Baloney

With Mourinho controlling the referees and the addition of Zlatan, Man United are clear favourites to win the league next year. Would be surprised if anyone was within 10 points by the end of the season.

Muck Savage

Quote from: Maroon Manc on May 27, 2016, 01:46:55 PM
I'm delighted and can now really look forward to the new season, I'm hoping he brings Zlatan with him too.

Its the job he's always wanted as he knows he'll have more control over the club then he had at previous clubs.

There will be plenty of nervous players worried about their careers mainly Blind, Rojo, Fellaini & Mata. Mata is never going to be first choice under Mourinho, I can see him returning to Valencia who are now a wealthy club.
I actually think Blind and Schneiderlin would make a very good pairing in the middle for a 4-2-3-1 formation. He is a good passer of the ball. CB was an unfair position for him.

Maroon Manc

Quote from: Muck Savage on May 27, 2016, 01:54:13 PM
Quote from: Maroon Manc on May 27, 2016, 01:46:55 PM

I actually think Blind and Schneiderlin would make a very good pairing in the middle for a 4-2-3-1 formation. He is a good passer of the ball. CB was an unfair position for him.

He got plenty of games in midfield in his first season and I was far from impressed. I've grown up with our holding midfielders as Robbo, Ince, Keane and then Carrick. Blind is a long way off any of those players and at best I'd take him as a back up to Shaw at left back.

screenexile

United lads past their best:

Young
Valencia
Carrick
Blind (seems to be going backwards)
Mata
Fat Rooney
Schneiderlin
Schweinsteiger
Zlatan

Mourinho