Man Utd Thread:

Started by full back, November 10, 2006, 08:13:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

AZOffaly

Quote from: Maroon Manc on May 18, 2016, 01:33:10 PM
He should quit after the match on Saturday and United fans will think a bit more of him but he won't because like most people in football he's greedy. I can't understand how United didn't put a clause in his contract stating they could sack him for free should United qualify for the CL. Hopefully he'll be gone by this time next week.

I see Rooney admitted after the game his days as a centre forward are behind him and he expects to play further back next season, the arrogance of him to think after playing as a centre forward for the last 14 years he can play for United as a midfielder.

The reaction at Old Trafford last night wasn't exactly warm. (For him I mean)

NAG1

Quote from: AZOffaly on May 18, 2016, 01:34:30 PM
Quote from: Maroon Manc on May 18, 2016, 01:33:10 PM
He should quit after the match on Saturday and United fans will think a bit more of him but he won't because like most people in football he's greedy. I can't understand how United didn't put a clause in his contract stating they could sack him for free should United qualify for the CL. Hopefully he'll be gone by this time next week.

I see Rooney admitted after the game his days as a centre forward are behind him and he expects to play further back next season, the arrogance of him to think after playing as a centre forward for the last 14 years he can play for United as a midfielder.

The reaction at Old Trafford last night wasn't exactly warm. (For him I mean)

There is no major love for him from the fans, that is obvious. But you can't hire a man renowned for his ego and then be surprised when he is exactly that 'ego driven'.

We have said on here for 18months that he should go and yet we still have not come up with a viable candidate to replace him that is universally popular. I would say the United board are in much the same quandary.

AZOffaly

Jose looked fit and well on Sky Sports News when he was 'denying' contact from United. I'd say he's ready for it.

NAG1

Quote from: AZOffaly on May 18, 2016, 01:43:55 PM
Jose looked fit and well on Sky Sports News when he was 'denying' contact from United. I'd say he's ready for it.

No doubt he is because where else does he go?

He used United the last time before he was going back to Chelsea so I would say he is not popular with a large section of United fans either.

AZOffaly

Quote from: NAG1 on May 18, 2016, 01:47:01 PM

He used United the last time before he was going back to Chelsea so I would say he is not popular with a large section of United fans either.

In the short term, I wouldn't like to see a fresh and rested and 'centred' Jose Mourinho over United. I think he'd win the league with them.

Now, in the medium-long term, I'd think he'd do more damage and leave behind a mess, but I think there'd definitely be a short term bounce.

Maroon Manc

Quote from: AZOffaly on May 18, 2016, 01:49:04 PM
Quote from: NAG1 on May 18, 2016, 01:47:01 PM

In the short term, I wouldn't like to see a fresh and rested and 'centred' Jose Mourinho over United. I think he'd win the league with them.

Now, in the medium-long term, I'd think he'd do more damage and leave behind a mess, but I think there'd definitely be a short term bounce.

Its overstated that Mourinho leaves carnage behind him everytime he leaves a club.

AZOffaly

Then I doubly wouldn't like to see him rock up at Old Trafford.

Maroon Manc

Chelsea this time round was very different, they didn't back back him in the transfer market like they did first time round. Results haven't picked up that much under Hiddink either.

snoopdog

No sign of laoislad slagging off utd tonight. Must be busy. 😅😅

Milltown Row2

Quote from: snoopdog on May 18, 2016, 09:48:32 PM

Cleaning out his trunks I think
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

BennyCake

LVG is a bluffer. I never was convinced about him, but if he'd at least be honest and admit things will take time, we're in transition etc, then fair enough. But he's trying to bluff everyone and nobody is buying his crap. For the guts of the last 2 seasons, I mute every interview he does and don't read anything he says (That'll show him!). I can't be arsed listening to his crap.

OgraAnDun

Quote from: BennyCake on May 18, 2016, 10:53:05 PM
LVG is a bluffer. I never was convinced about him, but if he'd at least be honest and admit things will take time, we're in transition etc, then fair enough. But he's trying to bluff everyone and nobody is buying his crap. For the guts of the last 2 seasons, I mute every interview he does and don't read anything he says (That'll show him!). I can't be arsed listening to his crap.

Then how do you know if he hasn't said it'll take time? I think he has said something along those lines this season?

Cunny Funt

He said during a interview Tuesday night after the Bournemouth game that Man United were in transition and the supporters are expecting too much to soon.

Farrandeelin

Quote from: snoopdog on May 18, 2016, 09:48:32 PM
In fairness he did say he wouldn't post here till August.
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

BennyCake

Quote from: OgraAnDun on May 18, 2016, 11:08:58 PM

Then how do you know if he hasn't said it'll take time? I think he has said something along those lines this season?

Osmosis.