Man Utd Thread:

Started by full back, November 10, 2006, 08:13:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Captain Obvious

Quote from: BennyCake on May 01, 2016, 04:04:59 PM
United had no chance of 4th. Pity Leicester didn't win today, meaning they'd wrapped up the title, and LVG would've gone.
With Manchester City to play Arsenal they had every chance of a top four finish. Best place to win a title is in front of your own supporters at home.

BennyCake

Quote from: Captain Obvious on May 01, 2016, 04:09:49 PM
Quote from: BennyCake on May 01, 2016, 04:04:59 PM
United had no chance of 4th. Pity Leicester didn't win today, meaning they'd wrapped up the title, and LVG would've gone.
With Manchester City to play Arsenal they had every chance of a top four finish. Best place to win a title is in front of your own supporters at home.

LVG would've fcuked it up somehow. The main thing is to win the title. Balls to where you'd prefer to win it. Just win it.

J70

Quote from: Cunny Funt on May 01, 2016, 04:04:46 PM
Another ref would have given United a penalty late on however a draw probably was a fair result. The current top four deserve to play champions league football next season United do not.

Leicester should have had one first half too, so he missed for both teams. At least United got their free in a good spot.

GJL

City 3-1 down now. Missed opportunity today.

Captain Obvious

Quote from: GJL on May 01, 2016, 05:45:52 PM
City 3-1 down now. Missed opportunity today.
Certainly, Manchester Citys mind on Madrid.

muppet

MWWSI 2017

GJL

magpie seanie

I can't help but like the mad bastard. Just wish he could get the team playing a wee bit better!

4th still a possibility but obviously means winning the last 3. Away to West Ham never easy and especially now that they're good and on a good run. Possibly their last home game at their old ground too.

Boycey

I like Van Gaal too, I did the tour of Amsterdam Arena last year, he's very prominent in Ajax history and our tour guide spoke glowingly about him. His time at United ultimately isn't going to be remembered as a success but it annoys me to see him labelled as a spoofer and a bluffer after all he's achieved in the game..

Regarding finishing 4th it's still a possibility but should City f**k up like we need them too there is the possibility should both teams win their matches of West Ham also being able to get 4th also. That'd make it a humdinger of a game..

Personally I'd rather win the FA Cup than obsess over 4th though :-\

Bord na Mona man

Quote from: Boycey on May 03, 2016, 11:12:29 PM
I like Van Gaal too, I did the tour of Amsterdam Arena last year, he's very prominent in Ajax history and our tour guide spoke glowingly about him.
A lot of his ideas about team preparation have been well received at Utd. He'll be remembered as a decent coach in a lot of ways, but unfortunately failed to get the handbrake off when it came to attacking play.

heganboy

I grew up for some reason in the 70s as the kid that followed the upstarts led by Crazy Horse himself Emlyn Hughes. changing the 70s and the whole face of english football, and I have spent 30 years looking back wondering where that all went. So it is with a significant amount of jealousy, but with a delightful tip of the hat to the mancs and their wonderful 30 years that I offer you a beautiful piece of genius- Anthony H Wilson:

https://youtu.be/3cYNI8s_vo4

Brilliant!
Never underestimate the predictability of stupidity

seafoid

Quote from: Boycey on May 03, 2016, 11:12:29 PM
I like Van Gaal too, I did the tour of Amsterdam Arena last year, he's very prominent in Ajax history and our tour guide spoke glowingly about him. His time at United ultimately isn't going to be remembered as a success but it annoys me to see him labelled as a spoofer and a bluffer after all he's achieved in the game..

Regarding finishing 4th it's still a possibility but should City f**k up like we need them too there is the possibility should both teams win their matches of West Ham also being able to get 4th also. That'd make it a humdinger of a game..

Personally I'd rather win the FA Cup than obsess over 4th though :-\
LVG is like a St Bernard version of Cruyff. He did win the CL and has loads of experience but not as good as the legend achieved with Barca. and his dancing days are done. Man U need someone like Poch

Maroon Manc

LVG had turned into a very deluded man, I was fan up until November when the team like him lost the plot for a month. He was very open and honest about team performances up until then.

He's had a great career and perhaps he's still got something to give elsewhere but after a promising first 15 months in the United job he's no longer the right man for United. What surprises me most is how long it takes him to change tactically when its not working. Even in the last 2 games thats been very evident, he waited far too long to make changes in the games against Everton & Leicester.

under the bar

Keane saying LVG should be given another year saying the main issue for the team was lack of any leaders in the side.  Interesting viewpoint but regardless as to whether you share it,  there can be little doubt that if Utd had a midfield general this season who put it up to the team and, in particular, put it up to Rooney whor is undoubtedly too comfortable as top-dog, United could have turned a few of the 0-0 draws into wins.