Man Utd Thread:

Started by full back, November 10, 2006, 08:13:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Maroon Manc

It was daft job for him to take, very arrogant of him in fact. He's got far too much going on and he's probably ruined his chances of been the next England manager.

AZOffaly

It was a big risk alright. Fair play to him though, at least he had the balls to go for it. I hope it doesn't screw him too much. If he approaches it right, it's a great learning experience.
I actually have good time for him. One of the old guard, like Carragher and Gerrard. I know he loved beating Liverpool, but sure so what, we love beating United :)

NAG1

I think it was the opposite, it was a chance for him to go try out management with no risk. If he did well and enjoyed it he could progress further with other clubs, if it wasnt then come back to Sky and keep his England coaching role. Dont think that managing England is a massive target for him going by his book.

At the end of the day Im sure most of the people giving him stick couldnt tell you who they played in their last game. See it out to the summer if he is allowed that long and then draw a line under it.

Captain Obvious

Valencia probably gave him a great offer to go to work in sunny Spain and his brother was already there. He will be back on Sky once finished with Valencia. Too much going on maybe however Jaap Stam described the Neville brothers as a pair of "busy c***ts" many years ago.

gawa316

Quote from: Captain Obvious on February 04, 2016, 01:32:32 PM
Valencia probably gave him a great offer to go to work in sunny Spain and his brother was already there. He will be back on Sky once finished with Valencia. Too much going on maybe however Jaap Stam described the Neville brothers as a pair of "busy c***ts" many years ago.

I'd say when there was mention of throwing in a set of bunk beds to seal the deal, Gary jumped at the chance

laoislad

Quote from: AZOffaly on February 04, 2016, 01:22:50 PM
It was a big risk alright. Fair play to him though, at least he had the balls to go for it. I hope it doesn't screw him too much. If he approaches it right, it's a great learning experience.
I actually have good time for him. One of the old guard, like Carragher and Gerrard. I know he loved beating Liverpool, but sure so what, we love beating United :)
The balls to do it?  I say it was all about his ego more than anything else. He believed the hype about himself being a decent pundit, whic he was in fairness but it's far easier be an expert after a game.
When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: laoislad on February 04, 2016, 06:04:13 PM
Quote from: AZOffaly on February 04, 2016, 01:22:50 PM
The balls to do it?  I say it was all about his ego more than anything else. He believed the hype about himself being a decent pundit, whic he was in fairness but it's far easier be an expert after a game.

Plenty experts here sure and they couldn't wire a plug ffs in their own trade  :o

Fair fucks, hammered by Barca who 'd have guessed it?? Massive gamble that hasn't paid off, but hey ya cant knock a man for trying ..... Oh wait ;D

None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Applesisapples

Barca are capable of doing that against any team so don't be to hard on Neville.

gawa316

Talks opened with Mourinho.

What's the general consensus on him becoming the next boss?

BennyCake

Bring it on. I'm not convinced about Pip. Jose has the balls for OT.

magpie seanie

Disastrous news in my book if true. The man is scum as far as I'm concerned. He'll probably win things with United but it's throwing the history and traditions of the club down the toilet. "Football taught by Matt Busby" will be only a memory. People will say - well the football has been bad since Fergie left (and before actually) but that's no excuse to get involved with this guy who makes no pretence or attempt to play anything but modern long ball football. It depresses me more than the bad Nov/Dec that United have had. And that's all before you consider what an odious man Mourinho is as evidenced by his behaviour in every job he has been in.

snoopdog

You maybe right magpie but at this moment united can't afford to fail for a 3rd time with managers. How many managers out there have mourinhos credentials that are available. Yes it Would be brilliant if we got back to playing great football but in reality it's been a few years since that even under Fergie.

Cunny Funt

Maybe I'm old fashioned but shouldn't the current manager be sacked or allowed to resign before talks is held with his replacement? It seems the glazers are a little influenced by how blue half of Manchester run their business.

Milltown Row2

Utd would need to bring their current form to Chelsea tomorrow otherwise they will get turned over...

Wonder how LVG will be at the pre match interview with all the add expectations of Jose coming to Utd??
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea