Man Utd Thread:

Started by full back, November 10, 2006, 08:13:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

NAG1

Quote from: screenexile on February 01, 2016, 01:17:48 PM
Guardiola to City  . . . United look to be relegated to noisy neighbours for the foreseeable future!!!!

This is old news, he was always heading to City.

Goes back to my question then who is going to replace LVG, do they give it to Giggs and say have a go because there are no major candidates available?

laoislad

Quote from: NAG1 on February 01, 2016, 01:39:04 PM
Guardiola to City  . . . United look to be relegated to noisy neighbours for the foreseeable future!!!!

Goes back to my question then who is going to replace LVG, do they give it to Giggs and say have a go because there are no major candidates available?
They would be silly not to go for Jose.
I hope they don't as I fear he would be a fantastic success at United.
Hold onto LVG would be my advice!
When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

nrico2006

Unbelievably disrespectful from Guardiola, but he has courted the media so far through his career.  No surprise that he is going to City and I have always championed Mourinho for the job at United, has proven far more successful in his career than Guardiola.
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

Maroon Manc

Wenger will be happy, City and Chelsea will both have new managers whilst United probably will too.

Pep will probably change at least 3 of the back 4 and will buy 2 central midfielders if he wants City to play like his Barca and Bayern teams have. A few blues I know seem to think he will guarantee them dominating the league, the City team he's inheriting is nothing like his Barca & Bayern teams and the premier league offers something different physically to what he's experienced previously.

A huge game tomorrow night for United, as far as I'm concerned we've no chance of finishing top 4 anyhow but a defeat tomorrow could leave us a mile behind and with LVG on the wrong end of a lot of abuse.

screenexile

Quote from: nrico2006 on February 01, 2016, 01:54:24 PM
Unbelievably disrespectful from Guardiola, but he has courted the media so far through his career.  No surprise that he is going to City and I have always championed Mourinho for the job at United, has proven far more successful in his career than Guardiola.

Was it not City who released the statement??

nrico2006

Quote from: screenexile on February 01, 2016, 01:57:52 PM
Quote from: nrico2006 on February 01, 2016, 01:54:24 PM

Was it not City who released the statement??

I'm sure he was consulted before it was announced.
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

Walter Cronc

Surely if Pep doesnt win the CL at Bayern this year his time there will be deemed a failure - in light of Dortmunds dip and the relative poor standard of the Bundesliga.

NAG1

Quote from: laoislad on February 01, 2016, 01:47:12 PM

The hierarchy of the club dont seem too keen on Jose for one reason or another.

MM is right he isnt coming into anything like the teams he had at Barca or Bayern and even buying this will take a bit of time. I think Klopp even has found out that coming with an idea of a system isnt always a guarantee of success. Longer term Klopp might be but I would say Pep will have paid attention to this.

Maroon Manc

Quote from: NAG1 on February 01, 2016, 02:03:00 PM

MM is right he isnt coming into anything like the teams he had at Barca or Bayern and even buying this will take a bit of time. I think Klopp even has found out that coming with an idea of a system isnt always a guarantee of success. Longer term Klopp might be but I would say Pep will have paid attention to this.

There's been quite a few reports recently that Fergie has very little sway with the Glazers these days and completely trust Woodward  on everything. If LVG is sacked then I'm expecting Mourinho to come in, I just don't see why he wouldn't go for Mourinho as its likely Fergie & Gill who would be against his appointment previously. A defeat tomorrow and there has to be a strong chance LVG would go although given the way we're playing the next defeat is only a few games away. Woodward seems intent on keeping LVG until any chance of top 4 has gone which is ridiculous.

NAG1

Quote from: Maroon Manc on February 01, 2016, 02:23:06 PM

There's been quite a few reports recently that Fergie has very little sway with the Glazers these days and completely trust Woodward  on everything. If LVG is sacked then I'm expecting Mourinho to come in, I just don't see why he wouldn't go for Mourinho as its likely Fergie & Gill who would be against his appointment previously. A defeat tomorrow and there has to be a strong chance LVG would go although given the way we're playing the next defeat is only a few games away. Woodward seems intent on keeping LVG until any chance of top 4 has gone which is ridiculous.

Yeah there definitely seems to be a case of stand by your man by Woodward at all costs, and not that I have any real sympathy toward him but no candidate bar Maureen is standing out. If there are another couple of defeats in the next month or so LVG will go and Giggs will manage to the end of the season, LVG will be doing well to see the summer regardless.

sensethetone

Quote from: NAG1 on February 01, 2016, 02:48:56 PM

Yeah there definitely seems to be a case of stand by your man by Woodward at all costs, and not that I have any real sympathy toward him but no candidate bar Maureen is standing out. If there are another couple of defeats in the next month or so LVG will go and Giggs will manage to the end of the season, LVG will be doing well to see the summer regardless.

If Mourinho was to come to UTD who would he keep and sell?

GJL

Quote from: sensethetone on February 01, 2016, 03:17:54 PM
Quote from: NAG1 on February 01, 2016, 02:48:56 PM

If Mourinho was to come to UTD who would he keep and sell?

I would guess it would spell the end for Mata.

seafoid

Pep is going to city. If someone had said 10 years ago that the world's greatest manager would choose blue Manchester over Red he would have been sectioned.

Canalman

Watched  alot of 1st and all of 2nd half of cup game . Have to say I thought MU played very well. Attractive to watch as well. Only a div 2 (or whatever they are calling it now)  team they were playing I suppose.

Derby right back had a hard time to say the least.

snoopdog

Quote from: seafoid on February 01, 2016, 04:03:01 PM
Pep is going to city. If someone had said 10 years ago that the world's greatest manager would choose blue Manchester over Red he would have been sectioned.

World's greatest manager??  Inherited a Barca team with Messi and all the other superstars.  Took over a Munich team who were European champions. Hardly the toughest of jobs. 
Yes a good manager. But world's greatest?  Very debatable. Time will tell