Man Utd Thread:

Started by full back, November 10, 2006, 08:13:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

nrico2006

I was in no doubt that top 4 was certain - was actually delighted when I heard the Liverpool score on Saturday as I was not hopeful of a win yesterday.  United have a comfortable buffer (and goal difference) with Arsenal to play yet although Liverpool still have Chelsea to come. 
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

Kidder81

The more games Carrick misses the better he gets, he will be up for the Balon D'Or next year if he misses any more games

BennyCake

Quote from: Kidder81 on April 27, 2015, 04:32:05 PM
The more games Carrick misses the better he gets, he will be up for the Balon D'Or next year if he misses any more games

:D

He's never talked about as much when he's actually playing, I've noticed.

Throw ball

Quote from: BennyCake on April 27, 2015, 06:28:45 PM

I see the statistics on sky Gary Neville report. With Carrick in the team this year United have won 72.2% of their matches. Without him they have won 37.5%. He may not be Messi or Ronaldo but is obviously very important to United at the minute.

BennyCake

Quote from: Throw ball on April 27, 2015, 07:27:11 PM

I see the statistics on sky Gary Neville report. With Carrick in the team this year United have won 72.2% of their matches. Without him they have won 37.5%. He may not be Messi or Ronaldo but is obviously very important to United at the minute.

Or maybe he just hags out of the big games.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: BennyCake on April 27, 2015, 08:41:07 PM

Every club has a player that slips up in important games 8)
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

GJL

Quote from: BennyCake on April 27, 2015, 08:41:07 PM

He played in the Liverpool game but is guess that is not a big game anymore!

annapr

Why the obsession with Liverpool again?

NAG1

Look back over my posts, I have been a consistent supporter of Carrick even when he was getting abused by other fans for being too slow etc.

Maroon Manc

I'm a huge fan of Carrick but his absence isn't the only reason we lost.

Everton deserve more credit, they were full strength and in good form and had a full week to prepare. On paper they have a better starting 11 than Spurs and Soton and should be a lot closer to the top 4. We gifted them goals and gave them something to hold onto from early. I've seen us play a lot worse and win games though, we did reasonably well for 25 minutes between their first 2 goals and Fellaini should have scored, that would have changed the game.

Rooneys form is a worry, he's playing upfront where everyone keeps telling us he's outstanding and been our worst player during the last 6 weeks.

I think we should be looking at Benteke, watched a fair bit of Villa recently and he's been outstanding. He's quick, strong, best centre forward in the premiership in the air and would cost half of what Cavani would. 

NAG1

Quote from: Maroon Manc on April 28, 2015, 10:48:46 AM

Everton deserve more credit, they were full strength and in good form and had a full week to prepare. On paper they have a better starting 11 than Spurs and Soton and should be a lot closer to the top 4. We gifted them goals and gave them something to hold onto from early. I've seen us play a lot worse and win games though, we did reasonably well for 25 minutes between their first 2 goals and Fellaini should have scored, that would have changed the game.

Rooneys form is a worry, he's playing upfront where everyone keeps telling us he's outstanding and been our worst player during the last 6 weeks.

I think we should be looking at Benteke, watched a fair bit of Villa recently and he's been outstanding. He's quick, strong, best centre forward in the premiership in the air and would cost half of what Cavani would.

Yeah agreed but when Carrick is playing he seems to get the best out of the other players as well, but you are not wrong he was not the only problem.

I would not be a fan of Cavanni from watching him in a few of the CL games this year.

Rooney seems to have lost interest a bit dont know whether he is saving himself a bit knowing that the season is over or what but he is definitely not at the level he was earlier in the season even.

Likely that  RVP Falcao and Hernadez will be gone in the summer so does leave a lot of room up front for reinforcements.

nrico2006

I wouldn't touch Cavani either, over-rated and isn't a young player.  Benteke would be a great addition though, very young and shown a lot already.
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

Maroon Manc

Quote from: NAG1 on April 28, 2015, 11:03:04 AM

Yeah agreed but when Carrick is playing he seems to get the best out of the other players as well, but you are not wrong he was not the only problem.

I would not be a fan of Cavanni from watching him in a few of the CL games this year.

Rooney seems to have lost interest a bit dont know whether he is saving himself a bit knowing that the season is over or what but he is definitely not at the level he was earlier in the season even.

Likely that  RVP Falcao and Hernadez will be gone in the summer so does leave a lot of room up front for reinforcements.

Cavani is a very good player but worth nowhere near £60m especially considering his age. I doubt PSG would sell anyway considering Ibra is past his best. If was at the level of Aguero Or Suarez I'd see him as an ideal signing but he's not. Benteke guarantees goals in the league and until something better comes along would more than fill a gap.

Rooney is overhyped, years past his best. He's a brilliant finisher who works hard but when there's very little space and a team drops back he struggles. He has very little impact outside the box, he can't use his speed to beat a player, his first touch isn't great and although he's great in the air for his size its not enough for us to use him as outball like Villa use Benteke. Perhaps in a more consistent United team next season he'll score more goals next season but he's clearly a level below the worlds best centre forwards in Suarez & Aguero despite him earning a lot more than they both do.

Boycey

Benteke is an interesting one, there are times when he looks virtually unplayable but there is also a suspicion that he gets into a comfort zone every now and then and lets games pass him by, but a record of 1 goal every 2 games for a team that doesn't really score goals is pretty damn good.

Maroon Manc

Quote from: Boycey on April 28, 2015, 12:20:35 PM
Benteke is an interesting one, there are times when he looks virtually unplayable. There is a suspicion that he gets into a comfort zone every now and then and lets games pass him by but a record of 1 goal every 2 games for a team that doesn't really score goals is pretty damn good.

I agree, looks a bit lazy at times though, reckon he could work harder although his stats may tell a different story.

As for Rooney I've just heard he has scored 1 away goal this season in 17 league games. That's appalling.