Man Utd Thread:

Started by full back, November 10, 2006, 08:13:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

beer baron

Bejaypers,who are these lads  :o Best performance in a long time

GJL

Looks like this result won't suit the media driven opinion of Utd's demise.

AZOffaly

I told ye lads. Hot favourites.

Spurs are some shower though.

laoislad

Spurs made it easy for them today.
When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

screenexile

Where were all the Man Ure fans at with 10 mins to go. . . Maybe getting the last  train home to London and beat the Spurs rush!!

beer baron

Quote from: screenexile on March 15, 2015, 06:31:09 PM
Where were all the Man Ure fans at with 10 mins to go. . . Maybe getting the last  train home to London and beat the Spurs rush!!

Maybe

Milltown Row2

Spurs worse than Utd no big shock there... Result next week will settle fourth place. Liverpool on form should win 3-0
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Boycey

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on March 15, 2015, 07:25:52 PM
Spurs worse than Utd no big shock there... Result next week will settle fourth place. Liverpool on form should win 3-0

Next weeks result will sort out feck all, there's plenty of points to play for after that. All  places up to 2nd are now up for grabs too...

The Worker

It's taken 30 league games (not to mention injuries/suspensions) for lvg to figure out his best formation and XI.

Boycey

Quote from: The Worker on March 15, 2015, 08:55:44 PM
It's taken 30 league games (not to mention injuries/suspensions) for lvg to figure out his best formation and XI.

It's not a formation pal, it's a philosophy  ;)

GJL

Let's hope it works as well in the next game!

laoislad

Quote from: GJL on March 15, 2015, 10:13:55 PM

At least 5-0 to United I'd say
When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

beer baron

Quote from: laoislad on March 15, 2015, 10:32:11 PM
Quote from: GJL on March 15, 2015, 10:13:55 PM

At least 5-0 to United I'd say

Anything less than 25-0 would be unacceptable.

yellowcard

IT now looks to be 4 teams going for 3 spots with City back in the race to keep a CL spot. If Utd can beat Liverpool on Sunday I think they are capable of getting 2nd. Before today's game a point would have beena good result at Anfield next week but I think after the performance today that a win should be the target and effectively end Liverpool hopes for 4th. Saying all that Spurs were toxic today and as is their want, looks like they have bottled it again.

magpie seanie

I would go along with that yellowcard. In fact I think I said as much a few weeks ago. Places 2-7 are quite close still. I also speculated that United might actually perform better against better teams, teams who would try and play rather that just sit in. Spurs found out today that the rubbish put about about how bad United are is just that - rubbish. United are nowhere near the teams of the last 20 odd years but they're ok and there aren't many better. Chelsea have been the most solid and got the start so they're going to win it but their current form isn't great.

Sets up next week lovely. I wouldn't be overly bullish but I'd be optimistic for United against anyone in England. There will be plenty of ups and downs before the end of the season but a win next week would be a great boost.

Importance of Carrick really showcased today. A player that annoyed me at times but overall a key player for this team and very underrated.