Man Utd Thread:

Started by full back, November 10, 2006, 08:13:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

magpie seanie

Quote from: Shrewdness on January 01, 2015, 05:45:17 PM
Seems Ashley Young is facing a few weeks on the sidelines with injury.

I put him on my fantasy team yesterday so that explains that. Sorry Ashley!

Rent losing at HT to Spurs. Maybe some of these away points arent the end of the world.

Kidder81

Quote from: magpie seanie on January 01, 2015, 06:28:31 PM

Rent losing at HT to Spurs. Maybe some of these away points arent the end of the world.

I would have thought Spurs are a bigger threat to Man Utd for a champions league place than Man United are to Chelsea winning the league.

magpie seanie

Quote from: Kidder81 on January 01, 2015, 06:47:35 PM
Quote from: magpie seanie on January 01, 2015, 06:28:31 PM

I would have thought Spurs are a bigger threat to Man Utd for a champions league place than Man United are to Chelsea winning the league.

Yes and getting a point there against them is certainly better than losing 5-3!

United are probably too far behind to make up the ground on both the top two but are in a good position to get 3rd or 4th.

Boycey

Pointless stat of the day

Uniteds dreadful defence has thus far conceded one goal more than either City or Chelsea   :o

Milltown Row2

Utd getting really tough today, Yeovil good value, possible shock
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

GJL

Good to see DeMaria back and on the score sheet.

under the bar

That game always had banana-skin potential.   Hopefully get a home tie in the draw tomorrow as our away form is poor enough!

Shrewdness

Almost inevitably these days, United picked up more injuries. Rafael and Shaw taken off at half time, with Rafael having a fractured cheekbone. They now join the likes of Rojo, Valencia and Young on the injured list.

nrico2006

Quote from: Boycey on January 01, 2015, 08:45:40 PM
Pointless stat of the day

Uniteds dreadful defence has thus far conceded one goal more than either City or Chelsea   :o

Was lookiing at the table the other day and when I saw the goals against column I had a laugh at the one goal difference between the 3 teams and how this doesn't fit with the mediac current objective in slating Uniteds defence.  While I think they need a defender or two, statistically they are not doing bad, although Southampton are setting some standard. 

I would just love to see a United squad with the majority of players available, the injury situation this season is a joke.  Would love to see Herrera get a good run in midfield now too, and with Di Maria back there will be a bit more pace in the team which is currently lacking.
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

Shrewdness

United away to Cambridge in next round of FA Cup.

oakleaflad

Shrewdness

United have obviously been sufficiently impressed by Valdes in training to offer him a contract. Before his bad injury, he was a top goalkeeper, and is an excellent addition to the squad, and increases the Spanish contingent at United in the process.. United need to get De Gea's new contract sorted out asap....The BBC are showing live coverage of our FA Cup 4'th round tie at Cambridge on the Friday night of that weekend.

GJL

Quote from: Shrewdness on January 07, 2015, 05:33:41 PM
United have obviously been sufficiently impressed by Valdes in training to offer him a contract. Before his bad injury, he was a top goalkeeper, and is an excellent addition to the squad, and increases the Spanish contingent at United in the process.. United need to get De Gea's new contract sorted out asap....The BBC are showing live coverage of our FA Cup 4'th round tie at Cambridge on the Friday night of that weekend.

I hope his signature is not a sign that DeGea is leaving!

I wonder will there be any other significant signings this month?

Shrewdness

Seems that Valdes realises he'll be cover for De Gea for this season anyway. What happens next season is dependent on United holding on to De Gea in the face of increasing interest from Real Madrid..Valdes should be a good upgrade as No 2 over Lindegaard who is now surely headed for the exit door.

naka

de gea away in the summer

hmm part of a swap deal for bale