Man Utd Thread:

Started by full back, November 10, 2006, 08:13:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

lynchbhoy

Quote from: screenexile on December 20, 2014, 11:04:29 PM
Funny to think Evans and Jones coming back was supposed to shore up the Utd defence. Bentele threw the 2 of them around like rag dolls... Utd wont be troubling too many of the big guns I don't think! If De Gea gets injured they're fucked!!
I've always contended Evans was rubbish.
He wouldn't get a game for Liverpool at centre half despite how bad their defenders have been most times

But plenty of managers seem to rate him though.
Still up against an old fashioned centre forward will always find him out - there's more meat on Good Friday !

under the bar

I'd expect once Hummels, Vlaar, Vidic or whosoever signs,  Johnny will be playing his football at Sunderland!

beer baron

If Vlaar or vidic sign with the way Van Gaal seems to like his defence to play i will have lost all faith in this supposed genius coach.

Boycey

I think this thread is even more negative this season than it was last season when we were languishing in 7th....

NAG1

Quote from: Boycey on December 22, 2014, 12:28:26 PM
I think this thread is even more negative this season than it was last season when we were languishing in 7th....

There is no need to be negative, so the team are bad at the back and need investment in that area. Do you for one second think that if we can all see that, that the manager can't? He is stuck with playing Evans Jones and Smalling when fit. Benteke is a decent operator and would be a handful for most centre halfs in the league.

Progress has been made, again it is a point that I dont think the team would have got last season.

Top four is the target, a good run of games coming up, press on and get it secured as soon as possible then the club will be a more attractive prospect for any potential new signings.

GJL

2-0 at half time with both goals from Rooney. Would not bet against him getting a hat trick now.

Shrewdness

I see that Leicester have terminated Nick Powell's loan deal and sent him back to United.. I'm sure an attempt will be made to loan him out again in January.. Does anyone else think that it might be of benefit to the player if Adnan Zanuzaj was loaned out in January? He's becoming a forgotten player under Van Gaal. He was one of the few bright spots at United last season and is a player of undoubted talent. His career progress has halted this season. A loan spell might be just what he needs....More injuries with Fellaini now having a rib injury and Di Maria a pelvic injury.

GJL

Big 2 points dropped today countless chances to score but none taken. Then to add insult the top 2 go on and drop points.

Boycey

Quote from: GJL on December 28, 2014, 05:23:39 PM
Big 2 points dropped today countless chances to score but none taken. Then to add insult the top 2 go on and drop points.

That's football for you, United have won a couple lately that they really shouldn't have because of some excellence by individual players. In the last two away games we've probably had better team performances let down by poor finishing by the strikers.

A really good performance for about an hour today and a point at the Lane not to be sniffed at..

orangeman

Is Bale a realistic target for United ?. Why leave Madrid ?. Maybe Ronnie will head "home " as well.

mouview

Think Real twigging that he really isn't a very good footballer. Pacy yes, but technically ordinary enough. More fool MU to sign him up if it happens.

orangeman

Quote from: mouview on December 28, 2014, 08:18:42 PM
Think Real twigging that he really isn't a very good footballer. Pacy yes, but technically ordinary enough. More fool MU to sign him up if it happens.

He looks the part just like a few of the Man U lads and he'd sell a few shirts as well.

bennydorano

Eh? Major success at Madrid. Nonsensical UK paper shite talk as per usual. Rodriguez is a major white elephant tho, brings little to the table.

GJL

If it meant DeGea going the other way then no thanks. Think it is all tabloid nonsense anyway.

Minder

What's the thoughts on Falcao so far ?
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"