Man Utd Thread:

Started by full back, November 10, 2006, 08:13:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tony Baloney

Quote from: laoislad on December 20, 2014, 05:14:37 PM
Quote from: Boycey on December 20, 2014, 05:07:21 PM
Quote from: laoislad on December 20, 2014, 04:25:17 PM
Never a sending off that. Two yellows if anything.

Not exactly sure what Young does to deserve a yellow but it's a pity agbonlahor didn't get one as I knew straight away that United wouldn't score again against 10 men...
Agbonlahor didn't deserve a red either so either book the two of them for going in hard or don't do anything. Why punish one of them when they both went for the ball. Young is a turd pretending he's injured like he did.
I actually don't think either of them deserved a yellow.
It reminded me of the Jon Jo Shelvey sending off for tackle on Evans a few years ago. Both went for the ball but only one got punished.
Young went in hard? Find that difficult to believe.

Boycey

Not exactly sure what Young does to deserve a yellow but it's a pity agbonlahor didn't get one as I knew straight away that United wouldn't score again against 10 men...
Agbonlahor didn't deserve a red either so either book the two of them for going in hard or don't do anything. Why punish one of them when they both went for the ball. Young is a turd pretending he's injured like he did.
It reminded me of the Jon Jo Shelvey sending off for tackle on Evans a few years ago. Both went for the ball but only one got punished.

I've never truly been able to work you out, I'd like to think you're a WUM but theres always a nagging doubt

laoislad

Quote from: Boycey on December 20, 2014, 05:39:17 PM

I've never truly been able to work you out, I'd like to think you're a WUM but theres always a nagging doubt
Go fcuk yourself.
When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

beer baron

screenexile

Funny to think Evans and Jones coming back was supposed to shore up the Utd defence. Bentele threw the 2 of them around like rag dolls... Utd wont be troubling too many of the big guns I don't think! If De Gea gets injured they're fucked!!

rodney trotter

Quote from: nrico2006 on December 17, 2014, 08:11:23 AM
Quote from: gallsman on December 16, 2014, 08:59:44 PM
Quote from: Boycey on December 16, 2014, 08:48:32 PM
Quote from: gallsman on December 16, 2014, 04:25:08 PM
Quote from: nrico2006 on December 16, 2014, 03:24:00 PM
Quote from: rodney trotter on December 16, 2014, 01:52:04 PM
Quote from: nrico2006 on December 16, 2014, 01:46:28 PM
Quote from: gallsman on December 16, 2014, 01:43:55 PM
Quote from: nrico2006 on December 16, 2014, 01:34:27 PM
I don't think Barkley is your typical over-rated English footballer - he is the real deal.  As said earlier, he has everything. As good as if not better than Pogba.

Bluster of the highest order. I too think Barkley is excellent but Pogba is currently doing it at a much higher level.

I wouldn't say he is doing it at a much higher level.

Yeah sure what's the Champions League
Are Olympiakos, Malmo and Atletico at a higher level than any of the teams in the EPL?  Don't think so.

Atletico. You mean the team that last year came ahead of both Barcelona and Real Madrid to win the La Liga title and were a couple of minutes away from snatching the Champions League, having comprehensively outplayed the current EPL leaders in the semi final? Yes, they are of a significantly higher standard.

Olympiakos. If you try to remember last year, United were lucky to get beyond them in the last 16.

You are talking utter garbage.

Ur a right patronising bollix

What the f**k is patronising about calling someone out when they talk shite? Atletí are one of the top teams in Europe. To insinuate they're not quite on a level that matches the spectacle of Everton vs QPR is utter nonsense, and you and everyone on here knows it.

What is really patronising is the blind inability of some to look beyond soccer other that what's presented to them with a big f**king Sky Sports bow on it and then proceeding to question the validity or worth of anything outside that package.

You said Pogba is doing it at a much higher level yet I believe that the teams that Pogba has faced this year (Italian ones and in the CL) are of no better standard than say Chelsea, City or Arsenal.  Compare the rest of the teams he will face in Serie A and again there are a lot stronger teams in the EPL that Barkley will be up against.

Why were you including Atletico as just some other team? They would probaly beat  all 3 of those English teams, Chelsea the toughest of the 3.

Pogba was named best young player in the World Cup http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2014_FIFA_World_Cup#Awards
while Barkley was only a sub for England..

muppet

Quote from: rodney trotter on December 20, 2014, 11:57:59 PM
Quote from: nrico2006 on December 17, 2014, 08:11:23 AM
Quote from: gallsman on December 16, 2014, 08:59:44 PM
Quote from: Boycey on December 16, 2014, 08:48:32 PM
Quote from: gallsman on December 16, 2014, 04:25:08 PM
Quote from: nrico2006 on December 16, 2014, 03:24:00 PM
Quote from: rodney trotter on December 16, 2014, 01:52:04 PM
Quote from: nrico2006 on December 16, 2014, 01:46:28 PM
Quote from: gallsman on December 16, 2014, 01:43:55 PM
Quote from: nrico2006 on December 16, 2014, 01:34:27 PM
I don't think Barkley is your typical over-rated English footballer - he is the real deal.  As said earlier, he has everything. As good as if not better than Pogba.

Bluster of the highest order. I too think Barkley is excellent but Pogba is currently doing it at a much higher level.

I wouldn't say he is doing it at a much higher level.

Yeah sure what's the Champions League
Are Olympiakos, Malmo and Atletico at a higher level than any of the teams in the EPL?  Don't think so.

Atletico. You mean the team that last year came ahead of both Barcelona and Real Madrid to win the La Liga title and were a couple of minutes away from snatching the Champions League, having comprehensively outplayed the current EPL leaders in the semi final? Yes, they are of a significantly higher standard.

Olympiakos. If you try to remember last year, United were lucky to get beyond them in the last 16.

You are talking utter garbage.

Ur a right patronising bollix

What the f**k is patronising about calling someone out when they talk shite? Atletí are one of the top teams in Europe. To insinuate they're not quite on a level that matches the spectacle of Everton vs QPR is utter nonsense, and you and everyone on here knows it.

What is really patronising is the blind inability of some to look beyond soccer other that what's presented to them with a big f**king Sky Sports bow on it and then proceeding to question the validity or worth of anything outside that package.

You said Pogba is doing it at a much higher level yet I believe that the teams that Pogba has faced this year (Italian ones and in the CL) are of no better standard than say Chelsea, City or Arsenal.  Compare the rest of the teams he will face in Serie A and again there are a lot stronger teams in the EPL that Barkley will be up against.

Why were you including Atletico as just some other team?

Pogba was named best young player in the World Cup http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2014_FIFA_World_Cup#Awards
while Barkley was only a sub for England..

But Gérard Houllier was a judge, along with Ming and Hussien!

I am amazed Donie Shine didn't win.
MWWSI 2017

rodney trotter

He had a excellent tournament regardless of who was judging.

I don't think there was any complaints as he was up against Depay or Varane,. The criteria is for players born after 1s Jan 1993, so the likes of Gotze wouldn't have been eligible.

lynchbhoy

Quote from: screenexile on December 20, 2014, 11:04:29 PM
Funny to think Evans and Jones coming back was supposed to shore up the Utd defence. Bentele threw the 2 of them around like rag dolls... Utd wont be troubling too many of the big guns I don't think! If De Gea gets injured they're fucked!!
I've always contended Evans was rubbish.
He wouldn't get a game for Liverpool at centre half despite how bad their defenders have been most times

But plenty of managers seem to rate him though.
Still up against an old fashioned centre forward will always find him out - there's more meat on Good Friday !

under the bar

I'd expect once Hummels, Vlaar, Vidic or whosoever signs,  Johnny will be playing his football at Sunderland!

beer baron

If Vlaar or vidic sign with the way Van Gaal seems to like his defence to play i will have lost all faith in this supposed genius coach.

Boycey

I think this thread is even more negative this season than it was last season when we were languishing in 7th....

NAG1

Quote from: Boycey on December 22, 2014, 12:28:26 PM
I think this thread is even more negative this season than it was last season when we were languishing in 7th....

There is no need to be negative, so the team are bad at the back and need investment in that area. Do you for one second think that if we can all see that, that the manager can't? He is stuck with playing Evans Jones and Smalling when fit. Benteke is a decent operator and would be a handful for most centre halfs in the league.

Progress has been made, again it is a point that I dont think the team would have got last season.

Top four is the target, a good run of games coming up, press on and get it secured as soon as possible then the club will be a more attractive prospect for any potential new signings.

GJL

2-0 at half time with both goals from Rooney. Would not bet against him getting a hat trick now.

Shrewdness

I see that Leicester have terminated Nick Powell's loan deal and sent him back to United.. I'm sure an attempt will be made to loan him out again in January.. Does anyone else think that it might be of benefit to the player if Adnan Zanuzaj was loaned out in January? He's becoming a forgotten player under Van Gaal. He was one of the few bright spots at United last season and is a player of undoubted talent. His career progress has halted this season. A loan spell might be just what he needs....More injuries with Fellaini now having a rib injury and Di Maria a pelvic injury.