Man Utd Thread:

Started by full back, November 10, 2006, 08:13:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

blewuporstuffed

To Be honest ithink they are keeping him warm for Madrid
I can only please one person per day. Today is not your day. Tomorrow doesn't look good either

rodney trotter

Madrid had the chance in the summer and decided not too,

Maroon Manc

Quote from: blewuporstuffed on November 21, 2014, 02:01:45 PM
Quote from: AZOffaly on November 21, 2014, 11:12:04 AM
Quote from: blewuporstuffed on November 21, 2014, 10:56:20 AM
Fair enough, but that was all prior to his knee injury.He was certainly one of the best strikers in the world (possibly the best out and out No.9)
I think it remains to be seen if he can get back to anywhere near that level.
Thats what makes it so risky about taking him on a loan deal.

You mean that's what makes it so low risk, taking him on a loan deal. Surely that's the ideal arena. If he is crocked, you've lost the loan fee. (Which is more like a rental fee when you think about it). If they had bought him it would have cost a lot more, and you'd still be finding out the same thing.

He'll be fine though.
No, I mean high risk.
United have paid something in the region of 12m (plus his wages) to take a player on loan that is recoving from a  serious knee injury.
It was always very very unlikely that he would hit the ground running. The best you could reasonably expect of him would be up to speed for the second half of the season (thats if he gets back to his level at all)
If he does, he will become a prime target for europes big clubs again, United will have no claim over him at all and is very likely to just move on. Leaving them having paid 12 million to rehabiliate a player for half a  season and get half a seasons football out of him.
If he doesnt get back to his level at all, well then they have just spunked 12m on someone to keep the physios busy.

United have an option to buy him, price is agreed. If LVG had decided on 4-3-3 or 4-1-4-1 at the beginning of the season than I doubt Welbeck would have been sold & Falcao would have arrived on loan. When LVG finally admits that Rooney is at his best up front and not in midfield then he has a problem. Rooney, RVP & Falcao fighting for the one place will not happen. As it stands unless Falcao has an amazing second half of the season he'll be heading back to Monaco.

I wouldn't have sold Welbeck, he is very versatile and can play in several positions. He wouldn't have been in my first 11 but considering how many injuries we have he'd get enough games.

gallsman

Quote from: Maroon Manc on November 21, 2014, 04:23:07 PM
I wouldn't have sold Welbeck, he is very versatile and can play in several positions. He wouldn't have been in my first 11 but considering how many injuries we have he'd get enough games.

GJL

Brilliant 3 points. Another great game from Fellaini who is now nailing down a starting position. DeGea is currently the best keeper in football. That's 4 points from Chelsea, City and Arsenal. I would have taken that if offered. Arsenal really are very poor.

StGallsGAA

Di Maria was relieved to hear the final whistle.   What a twat to go for the glory chip when rounding the keeper the way option.  Need to push on and cement the top 4 spot. 

Shrewdness

Excellent 3 points and LVG's first away win at United. This team can't be properly judged until all or most of the injured players return.. These 3 points are a great boost in our efforts to get into the top four.

pullhard

Did I hear correct that utd have 40 men out with injuries?

Fair play today they won well

ross4life

That good away win finally a turning point in a luckless season? Martin Tyler said the Shaw injury brings United injuries this season to 40 i think he said and have used something like 34 players thats a crazy stat with just 12 games played.

This time last year was the first time in over 20 years that many including myself realized that United were in huge danger of not reaching the top 4, draws with Spurs (who were hammered by pool,City)Cardiff & home defeats Newcastle,Everton left United 7 points off the top four.

This season is all about getting back into the top 4. Currently there now hopefully United can kick on & stay there.
The key to success is to be consistently competitive -- if you bang on the door often it will open

mouview

Quote from: pullhard on November 22, 2014, 08:05:19 PM
Did I hear correct that utd have 40 men out with injuries?

Fair play today they won well

They won poorly. Overrun in midfield, opening goal going wide until deflected into net, their first shot on target was Rooney's second goal. LVG can't buy a break with injuries though.  Arsenal really can't finish, badly need a real goalscorer a-la Suarez, Tevez etc. Wellback just too ordinary.

orangeman

Playing poorly apparently and now in 4th spot. Doesn't say much for the quality below them. Who says the PL is the best in the world ?.

beer baron

Quote from: orangeman on November 22, 2014, 11:17:32 PM
Playing poorly apparently and now in 4th spot. Doesn't say much for the quality below them. Who says the PL is the best in the world ?.

People getting paid or gobshites.

BennyCake

Quote from: StGallsGAA on November 22, 2014, 07:41:52 PM
Di Maria was relieved to hear the final whistle.   What a twat to go for the glory chip when rounding the keeper the way option.  Need to push on and cement the top 4 spot.

Is it just me or has Di Maria been a massive disappointment since he arrived? £60m? Real must be laughing all the way to the Credit Union.

Shrewdness

Di Maria got off to a great start at United, scoring 3 goals in his first 4 or 5 games. His form has dipped a bit in recent weeks, but that doesn't change the fact that he's a very talented player. He's settling into a new league in a team that have been all over the place with injuries, selections etc. I expect Di Maria to shine this season.

brokencrossbar1

I reckon Di Maria might do an Ozil,  impress in fits and starts,  play some lovely football and dazzle once in a while but ultimately will be too inconsistent for the pace of the PL.  Don't get me wrong I think he is a fine player but I reckon he is already thinking of the sun baked street of Madrid as opposed to the wind and rain swept cobble stones of Manchester!