Man Utd Thread:

Started by full back, November 10, 2006, 08:13:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

gerrykeegan

Luke Shaw looks like a £3 player not a £30m player
2007  2008 & 2009 Fantasy Golf Winner
(A legitimately held title unlike Dinny's)

imtommygunn

West brom twitter account: fellaini has taken his tracksuit top off and fortunately it's a manchester united shirt beneath.

Well that backfired...

Captain Obvious

West brom have only attacked twice tonight? This Manchester United side can't or don't know how to defend. Two heavy defeats against Chelsea,Manchester city in the next few games looks very possible.

laoislad

Quote from: gerrykeegan on October 20, 2014, 08:52:52 PM
Luke Shaw looks like a £3 player not a £30m player
They are Man United they pay what they want.
When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

yellowcard

Still a lot of sorting out to be done at Utd judging by that display. Far too many aimless crosses into the box, it was reminiscent of the Fulham game last season. Di Maria must have put about about 25-30 crosses into the box, some of them great balls but the majority were from far too deep of a position. Rafael a liability defensively as well for the second goal. Twelve points is a poor return considering the run of fixtures, I think LVG needs to get the cheque book out in January and buy a top class centre back and a midfield playmaker in order to address the problem areas.

Carmen Stateside

LVG is clueless. Moyes had United playing way better this time last year.

stiffler

Utd look an unbalanced side, too many players of a similar nature. Still 2/3 players needed to mount a title challenge, a few would have to go though first.
GAABoard Fantasy Cheltenham Competition- Most winners 2009

screenexile

LVG reckons that's Man Ure's best performance of the season!!

Good to see that a draw with West Brom has them on the up before they play the big guns. Jesus wept!!

beer baron

Quote from: screenexile on October 20, 2014, 10:54:21 PM
LVG reckons that's Man Ure's best performance of the season!!

Good to see that a draw with West Brom has them on the up before they play the big guns. Jesus wept!!

I had to laugh when he said that about the performance, in truth Utd were woeful.
The Sky gang were good fun as ever saying every cross Di Maria put in was brilliant when in truth about 10% were. The defence was shambolic to say the least,what was Shaw at for the 1st goal and it's hard to know where to start for the second 1.

lynchbhoy

Seanie - what's your opinion on lvg at this moment in time?

orangeman

Some man said tonight that if United keep playing like this, there's a very good chance that they will not be relegated this season.  ;)

Geoff Tipps

That's 12 points from games against:
Swansea, Sunderland, Burnley, QPR, Leicester, West Ham, Everton and West Brom

magpie seanie

Quote from: lynchbhoy on October 21, 2014, 12:09:27 AM
Seanie - what's your opinion on lvg at this moment in time?

I think he's class. I love his honesty and his confidence. I love that he is not afraid of anything. United are giving away too many sloppy goals but that can (and I believe will) be fixed. It might take time, it looks like more than just a back 4 problem to me (although Rafael playing Berahino - good player - onside for their second last night was criminal).

To be honest I'm really enjoying this season even with all the ups and downs and I have a lot of hope that it will end reasonably well. LVG has given me (and I'd say lots of United fans) something Moyes never did - hope.

AZOffaly

United always look like they can score a goal. I a bit surprised that Falcao doesn't feature more.

Phil Jones is poor, as is Rafael. Blind was struggling last night, but he's a good player. I think Mata and Van Persie might be not long for that team.

beer baron

Chelsea at the weekend should be fun  :-[