Man Utd Thread:

Started by full back, November 10, 2006, 08:13:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

rodney trotter

The Blind deal was done on Saturday, they were just waiting on paper work.

16m is a good fee for Welbeck.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: thewobbler on September 01, 2014, 10:09:26 PM
Quote from: gawa316 on September 01, 2014, 09:55:09 PM
Quote from: thewobbler on September 01, 2014, 09:48:37 PM
Quote from: gawa316 on September 01, 2014, 09:33:52 PM
Quote from: thewobbler on September 01, 2014, 09:26:56 PM
Quote from: magpie seanie on September 01, 2014, 09:18:17 PM
Comparing Manchester United with Leeds! FFS.

Why not?

Because Utd have fans

And three years ago United did what they wanted.

Not now.

Utd is one of the biggest names in sport with the support to boot. Leeds is and was neither.

A name is worth something, I'll give you that.

But Chelsea and City will be in the CL every year for as long as their billionaire owners want them to be. United only have a 66% chance at best of qualifying for the CL this year and next year. It's not actually that unrealistic to expect them to be operating in a lore restrictive financial sphere come 2017.

To be honest I don't think United could slide like Leeds did. But Liverpool have sent 25 years showing that a history and a fan base are wonderful things, but it might still take a while to get that top perch back. They never quite risked the lot like United have this summer all the same.

Liverpool are still in the wilderness ffs!! All this talk about money is rubbish, if they have the money and sponsorship behind them then so what, I think the only ones worrying about Utd's spend are fans of other clubs, god only knows why. It's silly talking about it

None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Walter Cronc

Some balance to that team MR2 lol

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Walter Cronc on September 01, 2014, 10:37:40 PM
Some balance to that team MR2 lol

Not my team, but if you are going to try and fit them in.....
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

J OGorman

The classic 4 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 formation.

magpie seanie

Could be more like:

De Gea

Valencia    Jones    Rojo     Shaw   

Hererra         Blind
                      Mata

Rooney           Di Maria

Falcao/RVP

Shrewdness

No announcement on Falcao yet?

Dinny Breen

Falcao will displace RVP who cost Man United 25m plus 45m in wages over a 4 year contract. RVP also has little resale value. They will be paying close to 1m a week in wages to just 5 players, that is one big gamble for UCL football.

Any chance we'll get a rendition of Rock Me Amadeus
#newbridgeornowhere

GJL

Falcao done. £6m plus wages. Amazing.  ;D

Syferus

Quote from: Dinny Breen on September 01, 2014, 11:52:12 PM
Falcao will displace RVP who cost Man United 25m plus 45m in wages over a 4 year contract. RVP also has little resale value. They will be paying close to 1m a week in wages to just 5 players, that is one big gamble for UCL football.

Any chance we'll get a rendition of Rock Me Amadeus

Falcao is 28 and likely to be worth little in transfer value himself if they own him when his term ends.

Still the right move for Utd, though. Maybe the best true striker in the world.

Shrewdness

Been a very good transfer window for United and also for Ed Woodward. He got a lot of criticism, but produced the goods.. We still need a top CD and CM, but we'll get them..Expect a January move for Kevin Strootman...So there they are,.Luke Shaw, Ander Herrera, Marcos Rojo (work permit), Angel Di Maria, Daley Blind and Radamel Falcao...It was the football equivalent of shopping in Harrods.. In contrast, Liverpool did their summer shopping in Aldi and Lidl .

yellowcard

Given the financial backing that Van Gaal has received what must Moyes be thinking this morning? It's good for the League to see world class players like Falcao signing and no one can accuse the Glazers of not putting their hands in their pockets. On the back of this transfer window I'd expect Man Utd to finish comfortably top 4 with the potential to win the League in the next 2 seasons.

ballinaman

If United had spent this money under Ferguson they would have won the championship of the universe.

Shrewdness

Fergie often spent big money, sometimes not very wisely. Anderson would be just one example, and there are more.But i take your point Ballinaman.

Keyser soze

Spending a lot of money does not equate to being successful, which in this case will be to finish in the top 4. There just seems to be an aura of desperation to United' s transfer dealings, and has been for a while, even at the latter end of Fergie's reign.