Man Utd Thread:

Started by full back, November 10, 2006, 08:13:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

AZOffaly

I think Carragher's surprise is because United don't need strikers. Not sure about Thommo.

I thought Falcao's wages were 9 million. Might be wrong though.

sensethetone

Apparently his wages are 9 million euro and thats tax free cos it's Monaco.

rodney trotter

Carragher mustn't be aware that Van Persie needs surgery on his knee. Also Welbeck and Hernandez out of favour and leaving so United do need a striker

Moutinho now being mentioned as a midfield target, good player. Think he is fed up with the exodus at Monaco

AZOffaly

I think Carragher is thinking of your first XI and asking who's going to miss out between Rooney, RVP and Falcao. Of course if RVP's injury is serious, then it's a moot point. If it's a short term thing, then it's a valid point. United are only left in 2 competitions, so you're not going to have to rotate that much.

6 million + 9 million wages for 1 year of a striker that may not play every week is probably what's surprising him. But I don't think he's said it's a bad signing, Falcao obviously has a brilliant record.

seafoid

Quote from: AZOffaly on September 01, 2014, 03:25:32 PM
I think Carragher's surprise is because United don't need strikers. Not sure about Thommo.

wages seems to be the wrong word for 9million a year

RVP was not a good long term  buy either. He spends a lot of time injured.

GJL

Quote from: seafoid on September 01, 2014, 03:40:36 PM
Quote from: AZOffaly on September 01, 2014, 03:25:32 PM

wages seems to be the wrong word for 9million a year

RVP was not a good long term  buy either. He spends a lot of time injured.

Long term maybe not but the fact that he more or less won Utd a title justified his price alone..

magpie seanie

Quote from: rodney trotter on September 01, 2014, 03:30:06 PM
Carragher mustn't be aware that Van Persie needs surgery on his knee. Also Welbeck and Hernandez out of favour and leaving so United do need a striker

Moutinho now being mentioned as a midfield target, good player. Think he is fed up with the exodus at Monaco

Always liked Moutinho, would be a good asset if he could be picked up. Have a feeling this evenig could be good craic!

Minder

Quote from: magpie seanie on September 01, 2014, 03:21:51 PM
Quote from: Minder on September 01, 2014, 02:38:52 PM
So is Falcao the highest paid player at United now ?

If Rooney is on £300k a week that's £15.6M a year. What is Falcao supposedly on?

Hilarious Carragher and especially Thompson's disbelief at Falcao going to United.

I read Rooneys basic was £250k, the £300k bandied about is linked to image rights.
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

Shrewdness

Falcao's agent has said that the loan will lead to a permanent deal. For FFP reasons, the first year has to be a loan... It's interesting to hear the link to Moutinho. He has the same agent, Jorge Mendes, as Falcao. Mendes is known to be a good friend of LVG.

AZOffaly

It sounded like Falcao was heart set on Real. Why would United worry about FFP? I thought they'd be one of the clubs in very strong FFP position.

laoislad

Quote from: Shrewdness on September 01, 2014, 04:31:15 PM
Falcao's agent has said that the loan will lead to a permanent deal. For FFP reasons, the first year has to be a loan...
If that's what you want to believe....
I'd say it's more him wanting to see if they qualify for Champions League or not. If they don't he'll be off.
When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

AZOffaly

He tweeted 'Hala Madrid' this morning, then removed the tweet and claimed it was 'photoshopped'. Hard to do that with a tweet on his feed I'd have said :)

Captain Obvious

Falcao seems as injury prone as Van Persie however less of a risk when it's a loan move. Where does this leave Wilson? He could have made a break through this season and now is unlikely to see much game time.

magpie seanie

If Welbeck goes too and RVP needs surgery Wilson will get plenty of game time.

beer baron

Quote from: laoislad on September 01, 2014, 04:37:22 PM
Quote from: Shrewdness on September 01, 2014, 04:31:15 PM
Falcao's agent has said that the loan will lead to a permanent deal. For FFP reasons, the first year has to be a loan...
If that's what you want to believe....
I'd say it's more him wanting to see if they qualify for Champions League or not. If they don't he'll be off.

Away off with your pessimism ya pup ya.