Man Utd Thread:

Started by full back, November 10, 2006, 08:13:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Geoff Tipps

Quote from: Shrewdness on July 29, 2014, 04:38:54 PM
Reports that United have told some journalists ''close to the club'', not to believe all the foreign media reports about Vidal joining United. They say it's not happening, no bid has been made and no contact with Juventus.... Yet reports in Chile and Italy insist a deal is likely, with some even saying that Vidal has reached a verbal agreement with United.. So, who's telling the truth?

Have you asked your cousins??  ;D

EC Unique

Reports that United have told some journalists ''close to the club'', not to believe all the foreign media reports about Vidal joining United. They say it's not happening, no bid has been made and no contact with Juventus.... Yet reports in Chile and Italy insist a deal is likely, with some even saying that Vidal has reached a verbal agreement with United.. So, who's telling the truth?

Odds for him signing on SkyBet are currently 1-6 if that means anything?

blewuporstuffed

Quote from: EC Unique on July 29, 2014, 05:20:58 PM

Odds for him signing on SkyBet are currently 1-6 if that means anything?

All it means is that loads of people are putting money on him joining united
I can only please one person per day. Today is not your day. Tomorrow doesn't look good either

STREET FIGHTER

What players are better than Fellani in his preferred position at UTD?

Not many I reckon.........

Not making excuses for him- he's been poor but there are still worse than him in the UTD squad.............

thewobbler

Quote from: STREET FIGHTER on July 29, 2014, 11:00:05 PM
What players are better than Fellani in his preferred position at UTD?

Not many I reckon.........

Not making excuses for him- he's been poor but there are still worse than him in the UTD squad.............

What do you reckon his preferred position is?

He doesn't have the discipline to be a holding midfielder, the skill to be a deep playing playmaker, or the athleticism to go box to box.

I would describe him as Sam Allardyce's perfect no.10, someone who plays just behind the striker or just in front of a midfield, who uses his head instead of his feet to make things happen.

If I'm right there's probably in the region of 10 better no.10s at United, for no other reason that the rest of them were born with feet.

johnneycool

Is LVG getting his excuses in early;

Commerical commitments a hindrance
Squad unbalanced
and now its going to take three months before his system kicks in....

Shrewdness

Speculation again today linking Javier Hernandez with a move to Atletico Madrid. Couldn't really blame him if he wants to move on. He was a peripheral figure under Moyes and it's unlikely to change under LVG..

beer baron

I'd safely say he's gone,he'll get feck all playtime with LVG and he was saying last season how disappointed he feels sitting on the bench. There'll be some difference in the fee we'll get and the 1 we would've got if we sold him after his 1st season.

EC Unique

Quote from: beer baron on July 30, 2014, 01:52:31 PM
I'd safely say he's gone,he'll get feck all playtime with LVG and he was saying last season how disappointed he feels sitting on the bench. There'll be some difference in the fee we'll get and the 1 we would've got if we sold him after his 1st season.

He would actually be ideal for Liverpool I think! :o

Good job he won't be going there!!

Shrewdness

Hernandez is much too good to take a drop in class like that at this stage of his career.

cadhlancian

Is that your opinion , or your cousins??

Boycey

Glazers have put another 5% of club with 0% voting right on NYSE. It'll raise them around $150m. How much will be put back into club? A big fat zero!!

mb80b60

Quote from: Boycey on July 30, 2014, 10:36:01 PM
Glazers have put another 5% of club with 0% voting right on NYSE. It'll raise them around $150m. How much will be put back into club? A big fat zero!!

Why would they put that back into the club?  They are selling equity in a company which they own.  The money they receive for said equity is theirs.

thewobbler

Chico is another Jermain Defoe. Watch him on MOTD or his YouTube highlights reel, and he's a world-beater.

Watch him for 90 minutes in back-to-back away games, and his lack of involvement in play shows why a manager can't build a serious team with him in it.

Boycey

I'm not running him down I think he's a great wee player under the right conditions, especially as an impact sub if chasing a game. I do think though hes had plenty of opportunity at United and hasn't been fucked about by the club. He can certainly do a good job for someone.