Man Utd Thread:

Started by full back, November 10, 2006, 08:13:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

stew

I see the new manager is whining like a little bitch about the game time again st, it will be ninety degrees at kickoff but he tells us he is going to make sure the players get water breaks during the game. I think this guy is going to get the verbal shit kicked out of him when he meets jose, love the playing style but he seems to be setting himself up as fergies ditto, and be ain't fergie!
Armagh, the one true love of a mans life.

AZOffaly

Whatever about whining about kickoff time, he's positioning himself as looking after the players with water breaks etc. That's the sort of thing that goes down well with players.

I'm quite sure we won't hear van Gaal saying Liverpool or Manchester City are 'favourites' when they play United. Moyes was so small time (like Roy Hodgson) it was unreal.

van Gaal may or may not turn out to be a good manager for United, but he is definitely big enough for the roll.

gallsman

Half the point of Van Gaal being in there is that he won't have to live in Fergie's shadow the way Moyes did. He's his own man, who has coached and succeeded at the highest level. Don't think there'll me too many whisperings of him stopping by Fergie's office looking tor tactical advice.

Boycey

Quote from: stew on July 26, 2014, 10:54:58 AM
I see the new manager is whining like a little bitch about the game time again st, it will be ninety degrees at kickoff but he tells us he is going to make sure the players get water breaks during the game. I think this guy is going to get the verbal shit kicked out of him when he meets jose, love the playing style but he seems to be setting himself up as fergies ditto, and be ain't fergie!

I think that moaning is a positive not a negative and I don't think anyone will overawe or kick the verbal shit out of him. He most definitely won't try to be Fergie, if anything he's even more combustable which will be entertaining

stew

If he is more combustible than fergie he is going to get eaten alive, jose is already warming up on him and so far so good but before these teams meet jose will go after him, it will be interesting and I think this will be an epic premier league season.

Armagh, the one true love of a mans life.

Boycey

Quote from: stew on July 26, 2014, 08:58:41 PM
If he is more combustible than fergie he is going to get eaten alive, jose is already warming up on him and so far so good but before these teams meet jose will go after him, it will be interesting and I think this will be an epic premier league season.

You make sound like a young wet behind the ears manager.. I expect and hope he carries on the same way he has for his whole career.

For anyone interested in watching match on ipad/iphone download Live Media Player from App Store and search for mutv. Cracking stream, game just starting

Boycey

Big interest in the match I see, I suppose this hour of a Sat night is for old fogeys like me... ;D

United 3 up at ht, Rooney 2 and Mata. Roma far the best team for 1st 30 mins

Shrewdness

I understand that Cleverley is captaining the side. Great chip from Mata. I reckon he's going to have a great season . Expect a lot of changes in this game before long.

magpie seanie

Stew - reckon you're way off beam about Jose and LVG. Jose genuinely respects him - he was boss when Mourinho was learning the ropes at Barcelona. No-one will intimidate Van Gaal. He has seen and done it all before.

Minder

Will there be any oul "mind games" from Low Velocity Grenade?
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

Boycey

Finished 3-2, second half was a mish mash with about 15/16 substitutions, highlight being a Beckhamesque goal from their own half by Roma

RealSpiritof98

Shrewdness

Rafael is returning home early from United's US tour with yet another injury. He injured a groin in training and will play no further part... It seems that another player who United were '' supposedly'' linked with during the summer, is going elsewhere. The Dutch defender De Vrij is supposed to be joining Lazio..We badly need to get some defenders into the squad. Vidic, Ferdinand, Evra and Buttner have all left, with only Shaw coming in so far....A lot of Vidal talk again today.

EC Unique

Surely Vidal would not join Utd. Not when another club who can offer him CL football want him. Surely not! ::)

EC Unique

Quote from: brokencrossbar1 on July 23, 2014, 10:56:34 AM
Talk is cheap.  Still no sign of Vidal coming in and him not likely to either.

You sure?