Man Utd Thread:

Started by full back, November 10, 2006, 08:13:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

NAG1

Quote from: Shrewdness on May 14, 2014, 01:49:21 PM
Rumours of an announcement of some kind from United shortly.

Well since this is pretty much going to be the only day off for the Dutch squad between now the WC and with Giggs already out there, it would make sense for it to be today.

What is the general feeling on LVG?
Im a bit nonplussed by the appointment though I do believe he will garner more respect from the players and will make them competitive again with a few good signings. With more than likely 3 if not more of the big wages earner heading out the door, I think they will be very competitive in the Salary they are offering to attract players.

AZOffaly

From Twitter..

Sky Sports FootbaII ‏@SkyFootballI  6m
BREAKING: The Louis van Gaal deal to Manchester United has fallen through. #SSN

relax lads, that's a parody account...

magpie seanie

Quote from: NAG1 on May 14, 2014, 01:54:30 PM

Well since this is pretty much going to be the only day off for the Dutch squad between now the WC and with Giggs already out there, it would make sense for it to be today.

What is the general feeling on LVG?Im a bit nonplussed by the appointment though I do believe he will garner more respect from the players and will make them competitive again with a few good signings. With more than likely 3 if not more of the big wages earner heading out the door, I think they will be very competitive in the Salary they are offering to attract players.

I'm delighted at the prospect. It may not work out but it has a fighting chance of doing so, unlike the last appointment. My feeling is it will go quite well.

J OGorman

Quote from: magpie seanie on May 14, 2014, 02:07:27 PM

What is the general feeling on LVG?Im a bit nonplussed by the appointment though I do believe he will garner more respect from the players and will make them competitive again with a few good signings. With more than likely 3 if not more of the big wages earner heading out the door, I think they will be very competitive in the Salary they are offering to attract players.

I'm delighted at the prospect. It may not work out but it has a fighting chance of doing so, unlike the last appointment. My feeling is it will go quite well.

Id say most of the posts re LVG's appointment will be a little more guarded than this time last year......once bitten and all

Personally, I think he will be an unmitigated disaster :-)

(forgot the smiley face)

rodney trotter

Well you were writing him off becuase he has only won 2 European Cup , no surprise.

He is suppose to be annouced later on today. Hodgson wants the Shaw deal sorted before England fy off to a training camp next week...

Shrewdness

High time he was announced. It's starting to drag on. I expect Giggs and Rene Meulensteen to be part of the set up. I believe Van Gaal will be a good appointment.

deiseach

Quote from: rodney trotter on May 14, 2014, 02:26:03 PM
Well you were writing him off becuase he has only won 2 European Cup , no surprise.

How badly written off would he be had he only won one European Cup?

magpie seanie

Quote from: J OGorman on May 14, 2014, 02:19:35 PM

Id say most of the posts re LVG's appointment will be a little more guarded than this time last year......once bitten and all

(forgot the smiley face)

I don't think anyone was too overjoyed at last years appointment.

rodney trotter

Quote from: deiseach on May 14, 2014, 02:36:05 PM
Quote from: rodney trotter on May 14, 2014, 02:26:03 PM

How badly written off would he be had he only won one European Cup?

Not that bad, he also lost a European Cup final with Ajax on Penalties to Juventus in 96 and has 7 League between 4 clubs, so pretty good I would say.. Won a Ueffa Cup too

A more impressive CV then Moyes..

deiseach

The speed with which Alex Ferguson left and the Chosen One was, uh, chosen means it's impossible to know for sure, but I can't see Van Gaal being mentioned much for the job at Old Trafford had there been any discussion about it this time last year. Amidst speculation about Mourinho, Guardiola or Klopp, Van Gaal would have looked like yesterday's man. Remember, this is a guy who was being touted as a natural fit with Spurs only a few months ago.

However, times have changed. He seems to have a habit of going into a club and kicking sand in the faces of everyone there. This would have been impossible last season what with all the guff about respecting the timeless virtues that are unique to Mancester United FC. A year on, I think this is exactly what is required.

EC Unique

Quote from: deiseach on May 14, 2014, 03:25:20 PM
The speed with which Alex Ferguson left and the Chosen One was, uh, chosen means it's impossible to know for sure, but I can't see Van Gaal being mentioned much for the job at Old Trafford had there been any discussion about it this time last year. Amidst speculation about Mourinho, Guardiola or Klopp, Van Gaal would have looked like yesterday's man. Remember, this is a guy who was being touted as a natural fit with Spurs only a few months ago.

However, times have changed. He seems to have a habit of going into a club and kicking sand in the faces of everyone there. This would have been impossible last season what with all the guff about respecting the timeless virtues that are unique to Mancester United FC. A year on, I think this is exactly what is required.

AFAIK he had the job when Fergie decided to retire in 2002 but then Fergie changed his mind and stayed..

brokencrossbar1

We're stealing your players from under your noses  ;)

Quotehttp://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/news/greater-manchester-news/schoolboy-zane-marsh-9-signs-7117409

A schoolboy Manchester United fan has signed for their rivals Liverpool.

Zane Marsh, nine, has joined Liverpool FC's academy after wowing talent scouts with his skills.

He'll now train on Merseyside three times a week – relying on parents Roger Marsh and Rachel Holmes to ferry him from his Hyde home to Anfield.

Although the youngster is a massive United supporter - and his hero is Cristiano Ronaldo - he's not been put off playing for the other Reds.

But he has vowed not to celebrate if his new team scores against United.

Dad Roger, 46, said: "He only started playing when he was six as he didn't really show much interest before then, but I knew from when he was two years old that he had talent.

"He'd run with the ball and the ball wouldn't leave his foot, he just always had that natural skill.

"He's the only new under 10 player to have signed this season.

"He loves football and is very motivated.

"He said to me that he's going to train harder than all the others as he wants to be the best on there.

"He met (Liverpool manager) Brendan Rodgers the other day and he was amazingly cool about it, nothing seems to faze him."

Zane, a pupil at Flowery Field Primary School, started playing with the Dukinfield Tigers and also trained with the Mighty Dragons and Soccer Technix in Failsworth before spending the last two seasons at Stalybridge Celtic.

He lives with younger brother Tego, four.

Roger, who is a Leeds United fan, added: "He had quite a few clubs take an interest in him and he was keen on going to Manchester United, but he's really pleased he's been picked by Liverpool.

"He knows they're a really good team with a great academy – he's just said that when they play United, he won't celebrate when they score!"

magpie seanie

laoislad

Quote from: J OGorman on May 14, 2014, 02:19:35 PM

(forgot the smiley face)

If you're ever bored and need a laugh then just read back this thread from June last year onwards.. ;)
When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

deiseach

Quote from: EC Unique on May 14, 2014, 03:32:12 PM
Quote from: deiseach on May 14, 2014, 03:25:20 PM

AFAIK he had the job when Fergie decided to retire in 2002 but then Fergie changed his mind and stayed..

You have to know what's coming next...