Man Utd Thread:

Started by full back, November 10, 2006, 08:13:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

nrico2006

Quote from: beer baron on April 03, 2014, 01:11:49 PM
Lads what you're really missing about Fellaini is the Sky boys have said he's not a true Man Utd player,therefore for a large portion of fans that's Gospel unless Fellaini starts playing like Keane and Zidane rolled into one  ::)

Always say the same, it only takes one journalist or sky studio analyst to spout some crap and every Tom, Dick and Harry is forever quoting it.  Feilani was a player who was sought by Chelsea and United, he was a man who gave big performances for Everton when playing the big sides and so far has had a hard time due to a combination of injuries, price tag, Uniteds poor season and constant negativity directed towards him. 
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

ludermor

Quote from: nrico2006 on April 03, 2014, 02:48:08 PM
Lads what you're really missing about Fellaini is the Sky boys have said he's not a true Man Utd player,therefore for a large portion of fans that's Gospel unless Fellaini starts playing like Keane and Zidane rolled into one  ::)

Always say the same, it only takes one journalist or sky studio analyst to spout some crap and every Tom, Dick and Harry is forever quoting it.  Feilani was a player who was sought by Chelsea and United, he was a man who gave big performances for Everton when playing the big sides and so far has had a hard time due to a combination of injuries, price tag, Uniteds poor season and constant negativity directed towards him. playing shyte

GalwayBayBoy

Quote from: Father Jack on April 03, 2014, 01:35:36 PM
Quote from: rodney trotter on April 03, 2014, 11:50:54 AM
Why is the same player a regular for a Quality Belguim side, along side players like Hazard, Kompany, Vertongen. International football is slower pace but he obviously has ability to make the Belguim team on a regualar basis. Injuries haven't helped his time at UTD  and needs a settled position

I wouldn't put "quality" and "Vertongen" in the one sentence, "useless" and "Vertongen" ... maybe.

He's a very good player in fairness. Just looks to have lost interest a bit at Spurs in recent months with all the turmoil there. At the right club he could easily be a very good player again.

blewuporstuffed

Quote from: GalwayBayBoy on April 03, 2014, 03:54:37 PM
Quote from: Father Jack on April 03, 2014, 01:35:36 PM
Why is the same player a regular for a Quality Belguim side, along side players like Hazard, Kompany, Vertongen. International football is slower pace but he obviously has ability to make the Belguim team on a regualar basis. Injuries haven't helped his time at UTD  and needs a settled position

I wouldn't put "quality" and "Vertongen" in the one sentence, "useless" and "Vertongen" ... maybe.

He's a very good player in fairness. Just looks to have lost interest a bit at Spurs in recent months with all the turmoil there. At the right club he could easily be a very good player again.

I'd love to see Vertongen at liverpool next season , he would be a good fit for the team i think
I can only please one person per day. Today is not your day. Tomorrow doesn't look good either

laoislad

Always say the same, it only takes one journalist or sky studio analyst to spout some crap and every Tom, Dick and Harry is forever quoting it.  Feilani was a player who was sought by Chelsea and United, he was a man who gave big performances for Everton when playing the big sides and so far has had a hard time due to a combination of injuries, price tag, Uniteds poor season and constant negativity directed towards him. 

You on the other hand are a complete f**king expert on everything and everyone else is thick ;D

Quote from: nrico2006 on September 26, 2013, 08:23:36 AM
Are people really that thick?  Everyone who knows a bit is aware that United had Liverpool, Chelsea and City in their first few games of the season therefore it would have been pretty fortunate to be riding high with this fixture list.  United now have a good run without any big games to play, the points will stack up and this time 6 or 7 weeks United will be at the top of the league.
When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

nrico2006

Quote from: laoislad on April 03, 2014, 04:12:11 PM

You on the other hand are a complete f**king expert on everything and everyone else is thick ;D

Quote from: nrico2006 on September 26, 2013, 08:23:36 AM
Are people really that thick?  Everyone who knows a bit is aware that United had Liverpool, Chelsea and City in their first few games of the season therefore it would have been pretty fortunate to be riding high with this fixture list.  United now have a good run without any big games to play, the points will stack up and this time 6 or 7 weeks United will be at the top of the league.

You have little to be at Laoislad, apart from being a ballb*g.  Can't be right all the time, but at the time I was hopeful it would be turned around.   
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

Father Jack

I'd love to see Vertongen at liverpool next season , he would be a good fit for the team i think
[/quote]

[/quote]

Quote from: rodney trotter on April 03, 2014, 01:37:18 PM
He was in the PFA team of the year last year not that bad,

No way boys, as a Spurs fan, watching alot of their games, he's playing terrible this year.  Slow as Christmas.  Infact every defender Spurs have are rubbish.  The first thing they needed to do with the Bale money was buy a new back 4, a blind man could have seen that, instead they bought a pile of midfielders and a striker, joke.  But wrong thread for that rant!!!

rodney trotter

Quote from: magpie seanie on April 03, 2014, 02:29:49 PM
Quote from: rodney trotter on April 03, 2014, 01:33:54 PM
Quote from: magpie seanie on April 03, 2014, 12:35:16 PM

Lots of poor players get lots of caps. International soccer (bar the latter stages of major championships) is of a much lower standard than Champions League quarter finals or even Premier League.

As for his teammates supposedly hiding on that clip - he just ran down a blind alley. Nothnig to do with his team mates. If his brain worked quick enough he could have flicked it to Kagawa and sent him away.

Yeah right Seanie, Belguim have one of the most talented Squads there is. Playing in the Word Cup  this summer a lower standard then the Premier League? As if. Some teams might not be world beaters in the group but its a decent standard and as tecnical as the PL

Would England win the Premier League? I don't believe they would. Don't think Belgium would either.

I would give Belguim a better chance then England. England aren't good enough..

Shrewdness

Hearing tonight (Friday), that Wayne Rooney has a badly bruised toe and will miss the Newcastle game. Also doubtful for Munich midweek, race against time.

magpie seanie

Reckon Rooney would have been rested this weekend anyway. Would be surprised if he didn't play against Bayern. He'll play if he's able to move at all.

EC Unique

Quote from: magpie seanie on April 05, 2014, 10:08:13 AM
Reckon Rooney would have been rested this weekend anyway. Would be surprised if he didn't play against Bayern. He'll play if he's able to move at all.

I would guess that unless it is broken he will play with a pain killing injection if required.

Shrewdness

Moyes said it's a ''terrible toe''. Just proves Schweinsteiger really did hurt Rooney with that tackle despite Abu's claiming he dived :-) ;D

ballinaman

Quote from: Shrewdness on April 05, 2014, 12:13:30 PM
Moyes said it's a ''terrible toe''. Just proves Schweinsteiger really did hurt Rooney with that tackle despite Abu's claiming he dived :-) ;D
If he hadn't had dived it could have been much worse...he could have been killed.

muppet

Quote from: ballinaman on April 05, 2014, 01:18:41 PM
Quote from: Shrewdness on April 05, 2014, 12:13:30 PM
If he hadn't had dived it could have been much worse...he could have been killed.

Indeed not playing him to probably saved his life. All credit to Moysie and husbandry.
MWWSI 2017

Milltown Row2

What a save by Lindegaard, Newcastle have dropped really badly in the second half of the season
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea