Man Utd Thread:

Started by full back, November 10, 2006, 08:13:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

imtommygunn

Quote from: EC Unique on March 25, 2014, 09:18:12 AM
;D ;D

Liverpool fans really are starting to believe they can actually win the league!

Genuine question...

What age are you?

NAG1

Quote from: EC Unique on March 25, 2014, 09:18:12 AM
;D ;D

Liverpool fans really are starting to believe they can actually win the league!

And why wouldnt they believe, they are playing good attacking football, scoring a bundle of goals and have home matches coming up.
They have the momentum but the problem for them is that Chelsea have that same momentum.

magpie seanie

You know I never thought Liverpool could win the league because I expected Chelsea and City to be much more consistent and strong defensively over the second half of the season. That hasn't happened and now that we're into squeaky bum time all bets are off. You'd still imagine the experience of winning titles in the ranks of the the rich guys playthings should stand to them but scoring goals solves a lot of problems. If I knew Aguero was going to be fit for the remainder of the season I'd say City will do it but....

Anyway, to tonight. If United pick the right team this won't be simple for City. I would like to see no Ashley Young and Fletcher and Giggs in central midfield. Something like: DeGea; Rafael, Jones, Carrick, Buttner; Kagawa/Valencia, Fletcher, Giggs, Welbeck; Mata; Rooney. First goal crucial.

nrico2006

I have to laugh at the Liverpool players lately who all seem to reckon that every neutral int he world wants them to win the league. 
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

laoislad

Quote from: NAG1 on March 25, 2014, 09:32:27 AM
And why wouldnt they believe, they are playing good attacking football, scoring a bundle of goals and have home matches coming up.
They have the momentum but the problem for them is that Chelsea have that same momentum.

With the remaining fixtures Chelsea have they have to be favourites imo and City a close second with Liverpool a distant 3rd favourites.
They are in with a shout though and despite what others think or say Liverpool are title contenders for the moment at least.
Whatever happens it's hard to see them not finishing in the Top 4 which was always the target from the start of the season.

As for tonight...I think I will go for a 90min run..I don't think I could forgive myself if I was to cheer a United goal  ;D

When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

screenexile

Quote from: nrico2006 on March 25, 2014, 10:20:41 AM
I have to laugh at the Liverpool players lately who all seem to reckon that every neutral int he world wants them to win the league.

Sure why wouldn't they? Nobody likes City because of the Sheikh, nobody likes Chelsea because of Abramovich and José. Most would probably be alright with Arsenal but they've shit the nest again so I would hazard Liverpool would be most neutral's choice (Unless you're a Utd fan and don't want to be knocked off yer f**king perch).

I'd be happy enough to see Liverpool win it but then as long as Man Ure don't I'm generally a happy bunny... looks like I'll be happy for a while as well :D

Milltown Row2

Quote from: laoislad on March 25, 2014, 10:26:34 AM
Quote from: NAG1 on March 25, 2014, 09:32:27 AM

With the remaining fixtures Chelsea have they have to be favourites imo and City a close second with Liverpool a distant 3rd favourites.
They are in with a shout though and despite what others think or say Liverpool are title contenders for the moment at least.
Whatever happens it's hard to see them not finishing in the Top 4 which was always the target from the start of the season.

As for tonight...I think I will go for a 90min run..I don't think I could forgive myself if I was to cheer a United goal  ;D

90 minute run will mean you have five minutes to watch when you come back ;)
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

J OGorman

Quote from: magpie seanie on March 25, 2014, 10:01:07 AM
You know I never thought Liverpool could win the league because I expected Chelsea and City to be much more consistent and strong defensively over the second half of the season. That hasn't happened and now that we're into squeaky bum time all bets are off. You'd still imagine the experience of winning titles in the ranks of the the rich guys playthings should stand to them but scoring goals solves a lot of problems. If I knew Aguero was going to be fit for the remainder of the season I'd say City will do it but....

Anyway, to tonight. If United pick the right team this won't be simple for City. I would like to see no Ashley Young and Fletcher and Giggs in central midfield. Something like: DeGea; Rafael, Jones, Carrick, Buttner; Kagawa/Valencia, Fletcher, Giggs, Welbeck; Mata; Rooney. First goal crucial.

surely right thinking soccer fans would rather Liverpool won the league against all odds against "the rich guys playthings"? This is real life Rocky Balboa stuff we're witnessing

altogther now....de, de de de, de de de, de de deeeeeeeeee Rising up, back on the street, did my time, took my chances, went the distance, now I'm back on my feet..........just a man and his will to survive . ROCKY ROCKY ROCKY

screenexile

Robbie Savage has just named his Manchester XI... hard to argue with really!

Milltown Row2

Quote from: J OGorman on March 25, 2014, 10:32:44 AM
Quote from: magpie seanie on March 25, 2014, 10:01:07 AM

surely right thinking soccer fans would rather Liverpool won the league against all odds against "the rich guys playthings"? This is real life Rocky Balboa stuff we're witnessing

altogther now....de, de de de, de de de, de de deeeeeeeeee Rising up, back on the street, did my time, took my chances, went the distance, now I'm back on my feet..........just a man and his will to survive . ROCKY ROCKY ROCKY

Yes that would be the take on most things, Clare winning the hurling this year and maybe Kildare winning the All Ireland and so on but within other sports there is a certain degree of respect between, players, countries (Bar England) and teams but the thing about Utd Liverpool is a toughy, be like my supporting Cargin or Rossa supporting the Johnnies. Ain't going to happen.

To be fair Liverpool have played some stuff this year and if they win then I've no problems, I've a minor interest with Utd cause of me dad but I like the craic and slagging
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

rodney trotter

The wealth of other clubs doesn't come into it, most Utd fans would rather see Chelsea or City win the League. Fair to play to Liverpool have improved alot this season after finishing 7th last season, but hopefully they wont win the league.

magpie seanie

Quote from: screenexile on March 25, 2014, 10:37:11 AM

I'd say Nasri is lucky there. Would have Mata over him any day. Fernandinho would have a lot of covering to do in midfield!

screenexile

Quote from: magpie seanie on March 25, 2014, 10:49:01 AM

I'd say Nasri is lucky there. Would have Mata over him any day. Fernandinho would have a lot of covering to do in midfield!

It's based on this seasons form... Mata as yet has done well nothing really so no reason to include him in that list!

Nasri has 4 goals 4 assists in 25 odd games and Mata 5 assists in 21 games. He's easily a better candidate than Mata but still hasn't had the best season.

EC Unique

I hope Chelsea win it. I'm a fan of Maureen as he is entertaining. I think City will win it though.

magpie seanie

Quote from: screenexile on March 25, 2014, 10:54:09 AM
Quote from: magpie seanie on March 25, 2014, 10:49:01 AM

It's based on this seasons form... Mata as yet has done well nothing really so no reason to include him in that list!

Nasri has 4 goals 4 assists in 25 odd games and Mata 5 assists in 21 games. He's easily a better candidate than Mata but still hasn't had the best season.

Sure put in Welbeck so if that's what it's based on. I'd take Januzaj any day over Nasri too.