Man Utd Thread:

Started by full back, November 10, 2006, 08:13:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

under the bar

Hopefully Moyes won't employ a strategy of 10 men defending anti-football just to get the a final a la Chelsea 2012, Liverpool 2005 and Rangers 2008.  I'd prefer they went down attacking any day.

Jonah

United will be the whipping boys in the next round. Everyone will be hoping they draw them.
I would fear for them against a Munich or Madrid,or pretty much all the teams left.

Is it a open draw?

Minder

United 16/1 outsiders, along with Dortmund & Atletico.
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

laoislad

Quote from: Minder on March 19, 2014, 10:35:30 PM
United 16/1 outsiders, along with Dortmund & Atletico.
Ath Madrid at 16/1 is a good bet IMO.
When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: laoislad on March 19, 2014, 10:46:33 PM
Quote from: ross4life on March 19, 2014, 10:04:40 PM
First time in 30 years that United have overturned  2 goals 1st leg defeat in Europe. Of course Olympiacos are no Barca from 84 though at least some character was shown tonight but that fact United lost & deservedly so to that shower of shite is a major cause for concern for the next round.

Giggs superb tonight, what a man for 40 years young. Van Persies scores 3 goals then gets carried off, the Moyes jinx strikes again...
Giggs was good alright. He hasn't put in a performance like that since the weekend he spent with his brothers wife.

Rodgers keen on some of that too I believe :o
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Tony Baloney

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on March 19, 2014, 10:55:02 PM
Quote from: laoislad on March 19, 2014, 10:46:33 PM
Quote from: ross4life on March 19, 2014, 10:04:40 PM
First time in 30 years that United have overturned  2 goals 1st leg defeat in Europe. Of course Olympiacos are no Barca from 84 though at least some character was shown tonight but that fact United lost & deservedly so to that shower of shite is a major cause for concern for the next round.

Giggs superb tonight, what a man for 40 years young. Van Persies scores 3 goals then gets carried off, the Moyes jinx strikes again...
Giggs was good alright. He hasn't put in a performance like that since the weekend he spent with his brothers wife.

Rodgers keen on some of that too I believe :o
The brother's wife?!

Milltown Row2

None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

magpie seanie

Credit where it's due, the team selection and tactics, though limited, were correct tonight. Olympiakos are pretty poor so once United were doing their stuff and working hard then the big win was on. Don't quite know why Valencia gets such criticism. Thought he was superb tonight. He's 2-dimensional and his best days are behind him but he put in a great shift. Rafael behind him actually proved why he is such an infuriating player. He was focussed tonight and really did well, one bad pass out of defense late on notwithstanding. The other side of the defense was a different story. Evra was good going forward when United were chasing goals but was gone 30 minutes from the end. It's almost comical how bad he is defensively. It's like he's saying "ah fcuk this defending lark" though I think part of why tonight was so bad was he had worked so hard in the first half (and that might apply to others which is not good - they're professionals FFS).

I would like to get Chelsea or failing that Dortmund. Nothing to lose now.

EC Unique

orangeman

Some turn around for United. Breathing space for Moyes.

johnneycool

God, that's one disjointed Utd team, not bad with the ball, but bloody terrible without it..

Defensively they are all over the shop, with Rooney running around like a headless chicken, Giggs and Carrick no pace to cover the ground whatsoever, Evra is everywhere but the right position he should be in, they'll get trampled badly by any of the big teams left in it.
Fletcher at least seems to have a bit of organisational wit about him, but you could see him pointing where he wanted Carrick to cover and Carrick runs right in behind him leaving a huge gap in the middle, is he as stupid as he looks?

Great to see big Fellaini showing off his silky skills at the end..

NAG1

Quote from: johnneycool on March 20, 2014, 08:45:34 AM
God, that's one disjointed Utd team, not bad with the ball, but bloody terrible without it..

Defensively they are all over the shop, with Rooney running around like a headless chicken, Giggs and Carrick no pace to cover the ground whatsoever, Evra is everywhere but the right position he should be in, they'll get trampled badly by any of the big teams left in it.
Fletcher at least seems to have a bit of organisational wit about him, but you could see him pointing where he wanted Carrick to cover and Carrick runs right in behind him leaving a huge gap in the middle, is he as stupid as he looks?

Great to see big Fellaini showing off his silky skills at the end..

I have been a big supporter of PE all way through his career at OT but it is becoming clear now that his lack of defensive mind is causing the team serious issues. He is trotting back from nearly every attack and slotting into the centre back position because Jones or whoever has been forced to leave the middle to go cover the cross from the right wing.

I suppose its not completely his fault in that he hasnt had a settled MF infront of him doing the covering work that say Valencia would do on the other side, but that makes his job as a defender even more important. Teams know now if they hit United on the break its always going to be down their right and can set up for that.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: EC Unique on March 19, 2014, 11:26:58 PM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on March 19, 2014, 11:02:18 PM
ex employee

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2556762/Liverpool-boss-Brendan-Rodgers-left-wife.html

All very messy I think  ;)

Hard to blame him for leaving the wife. She is a right mut!  :-X

I am waiting on the usual wit from the usual suspects but it seems to be missing today, people in glass houses......

deiseach

"according to The Sun's..." Stopped reading there. Even if it's true, it's a lie.

NAG1

Quote from: deiseach on March 20, 2014, 09:25:53 AM
"according to The Sun's..." Stopped reading there. Even if it's true, it's a lie.

Still honestly can't get over anyone on here quoting the Daily Mail  >:(