Man Utd Thread:

Started by full back, November 10, 2006, 08:13:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jeepers Creepers

The thing about Hernandez is that most major soccer clubs don't play a style of football that suits him, his play outside the box is diabolical. He's a five yard off the line man. The ironic thing is Utd hit 81 crosses in a game he wasn't playing.

Rumours of RVP going back to Arsenal aren't going away either. Gooners wouldn't like it but Im Sure Wenger is lying awake at night dreaming of it.Arsenal just like Chelsea are short that prolific striker the would put them 4 or 5 points better off than they are now.

The Worker

Van Persie missed sitter in first minute

EC Unique

Best chances of the half and should be ahead. No doubt arsenal will take their chances and win.  :-\

The Worker

Rooney does some mouthing to the ref.

Main Street

Moyes does like the ball being pumped into the box.
I'm surprised he's using such agricultural tactics with £50m+ players. maybe he's a proletariat at heart, albeit a rich one.

Jonah

Quote from: EC Unique on February 12, 2014, 08:37:26 PM
Best chances of the half and should be ahead. No doubt arsenal will take their chances and win.  :-\
What do you care? You've already told us you want Man United to lose.

michaelg

Not been overly impressed with Mata tonight.  Not used the ball terribly well and too easily muscled off the ball.  Valencia is a wooden one - Despite that goal line clearance!

The Worker

Quote from: michaelg on February 12, 2014, 09:04:46 PM
Not been overly impressed with Mata tonight.  Not used the ball terribly well and too easily muscled off the ball.  Valencia is a wooden one - Despite that goal line clearance!

Not matas fault he's played outta position.

Jeepers Creepers

Quote from: The Worker on February 12, 2014, 09:10:00 PM

Yip, defo best around the edge it box, but the way Utd play this year he won't get the chance. Might see more of him at the home tie in the champions league. If I were Moyes I wouldn't have started him tonight. Utd needed a wee bit more composure tonight. Still a bit of confidence needed. A flash of what Rooney & RVP can do when hit the crossbar. Good save as we'll.

The Worker

Quote from: Jeepers Creepers on February 12, 2014, 09:48:19 PM
Quote from: The Worker on February 12, 2014, 09:10:00 PM

Yip, defo best around the edge it box, but the way Utd play this year he won't get the chance. Might see more of him at the home tie in the champions league. If I were Moyes I wouldn't have started him tonight. Utd needed a wee bit more composure tonight. Still a bit of confidence needed. A flash of what Rooney & RVP can do when hit the crossbar. Good save as we'll.

Why sign a player for that £ to play him out of position ?

ross4life

Pity about the Van Persie sitter & in the end that Szczesny save in the 2nd half earned Arsenal a point. If Moyes wants to know how much United have underachieved this season then look no further than that average Arsenal side who happen to be 14 points ahead of them.

Even 5th looks out of reach now, woeful PL season from the defending champions thankfully only 12 games are left or maybe 12 too many for some...
The key to success is to be consistently competitive -- if you bang on the door often it will open

Dinny Breen

Quote from: ross4life on February 12, 2014, 10:16:08 PM
Pity about the Van Persie sitter & in the end that Szczesny save in the 2nd half earned Arsenal a point. If Moyes wants to know how much United have underachieved this season then look no further than that average Arsenal side who happen to be 14 points ahead of them.

Even 5th looks out of reach now, woeful PL season from the defending champions thankfully only 12 games are left or maybe 12 too many for some...

When will you realise it was Ferguson who dragged an average team to a title? Not one Man United player midfielder would get into the Arsenal squad never mind the starting XI on current form. Would take RVP and Rooney all day and eh that's it really maybe De Gea and Chesney could fight it out, little between those two.
#newbridgeornowhere

ross4life

Fergie was good but he couldn't turn water into wine.

All about about Wenger really, to get 56 points after 26 games from that Arsenal squad/team is remarkable achievement IMHO. I tip my hat to him i really do. Shame about Moyes seems like a nice fella but its simply not working out for him.
The key to success is to be consistently competitive -- if you bang on the door often it will open

Dinny Breen

Quote from: ross4life on February 12, 2014, 11:29:57 PM
Fergie was good but he couldn't turn water into wine.

All about about Wenger really, to get 56 points after 26 games from that Arsenal squad/team is remarkable achievement IMHO. I tip my hat to him i really do. Shame about Moyes seems like a nice fella but its simply not working out for him.

But he did he really did.
#newbridgeornowhere

wildrover

Quote from: Dinny Breen on February 12, 2014, 11:24:38 PM
Quote from: ross4life on February 12, 2014, 10:16:08 PM

When will you realise it was Ferguson who dragged an average team to a title? Not one Man United player midfielder would get into the Arsenal squad never mind the starting XI on current form. Would take RVP and Rooney all day and eh that's it really maybe De Gea and Chesney could fight it out, little between those two.

Get a grip!

A lot of Arsenal fans getting well above their station on the back of a long overdue decent league campaign. They remain well short of the quality that their rivals for the league possess and I fully expect that their challenge dies out in by the end of February. Fourth place will see Wenger happy and they can then turn to consolidating their champions league status for the following year.

A select between the two sides would see more utd representatives!