Man Utd Thread:

Started by full back, November 10, 2006, 08:13:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Milltown Row2

Quote from: J OGorman on September 22, 2013, 05:46:32 PM
Predictable

I think most teams that go to City this year will come away with a predictable scoreline.
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Wildweasel74

not going to win much this yr, lads!!

EC Unique

Did not see much of the game today as I was watching the goings on in Dublin. Very poor result and I was thinking things were starting to go alright. Not sure what needs to be done but that is nowhere near good enough. I'd say there is a fair bit of head scratching going on.

NAG1

Whats the craic tonight then?

Does he go for the kids or try to get one over on Liverpool by going full strength, maybe even a blend of the two.

Poor start but we always knew that who ever came in after Ferguson was going to find it tough, lets just hope he can ride it out add a few more players to the squad as we go and keep them challenging at least. Sunday was poor no doubt.

supersub

Both teams line up will be 90% full strength in my opinion tonight. Utd shading it 3-2, Cantona with a brace and Vanistlerooy with the winner - Luis Garcia and Fowler either side of half time for pool.

BennyCake

Quote from: NAG1 on September 25, 2013, 01:12:24 PM
Poor start but we always knew that who ever came in after Ferguson was going to find it tough, lets just hope he can ride it out add a few more players to the squad as we go and keep them challenging at least. Sunday was poor no doubt.

Moyes could be gone before the January window, so he may have bought his last player.

EC Unique

Quote from: BennyCake on September 25, 2013, 04:28:18 PM

Moyes could be gone before the January window, so he may have bought his last player.

Utd's next 6 league games are all very winnable so he should get 15-18 points. If he does he will be OK.

The Worker

Quote from: EC Unique on September 25, 2013, 05:16:07 PM
Quote from: BennyCake on September 25, 2013, 04:28:18 PM

Utd's next 6 league games are all very winnable so he should get 15-18 points. If he does he will be OK.

If he doesn't do you want him replaced?

under the bar

Not only will Moyes be there beyond Jan, he will be there next year regardless of this seasons performance.  Building a new team doesnt happen in one season.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: under the bar on September 25, 2013, 08:04:00 PM
Not only will Moyes be there beyond Jan, he will be there next year regardless of this seasons performance.  Building a new team doesnt happen in one season.

Links anyon
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Milltown Row2

Well taken goal in fairness, Liverpool have played the better football, although it hasn't been great

EC Unique

Just seen the goal. Cute finish by wee pea.  ;D

nrico2006

Are people really that thick?  Everyone who knows a bit is aware that United had Liverpool, Chelsea and City in their first few games of the season therefore it would have been pretty fortunate to be riding high with this fixture list.  United now have a good run without any big games to play, the points will stack up and this time 6 or 7 weeks United will be at the top of the league.
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

Minder

Quote from: nrico2006 on September 26, 2013, 08:23:36 AM
Are people really that thick?  Everyone who knows a bit is aware that United had Liverpool, Chelsea and City in their first few games of the season therefore it would have been pretty fortunate to be riding high with this fixture list.  United now have a good run without any big games to play, the points will stack up and this time 6 or 7 weeks United will be at the top of the league.

Until they play someone decent again.
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

nrico2006

Quote from: Minder on September 26, 2013, 08:25:20 AM
Quote from: nrico2006 on September 26, 2013, 08:23:36 AM

Until they play someone decent again.

Of course they will but United start to this season has been unsually lop sided towards playing the bigger games basically in consecutive weeks at the start of the season.  The average fixture list for United or any other team wouldn't pan out like this, thats why I can't understand certain people thinking United are in dire straights due to their current league position.  The league table is meaningless for the first couple of weeks, not reflective of how a season is going to develop.  Come November or Christmas, things become clearer.
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'