Man Utd Thread:

Started by full back, November 10, 2006, 08:13:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

nrico2006

Journalists have little to be at, this season has been a very good o ne for United as they have romped away with the league.
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

ballinaman

Well it's a fairly limp end to the season. Haven't played well since the Madrid match.

Thought it was poor stuff yesterday, looked like two fairly poor teams if you were to gauge it by what we'll see in the Champions League this week.

Nani was atrocious, looked like he was drunk in the 1st half, which was strange because he had been decent enough for the last few games.

Jones, Smalling and Welbeck all solid too.

Cleverly out on the left wing had bad news written all over it.

Crying out for an Isco type player, as good as Carrick has been this season, United have been totally reliant on his passing.

nrico2006

Quote from: ballinaman on April 02, 2013, 11:55:03 AM
Well it's a fairly limp end to the season. Haven't played well since the Madrid match.

Thought it was poor stuff yesterday, looked like two fairly poor teams if you were to gauge it by what we'll see in the Champions League this week.

Nani was atrocious, looked like he was drunk in the 1st half, which was strange because he had been decent enough for the last few games.

Crying out for an Isco type player, as good as Carrick has been this season, United have been totally reliant on his passing.

United have been missing a real top quality midfielder for years now, Carrick isn't at that level and will never be.  Surely another summer won't pass without sorting this hole out.
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

Tony Baloney

Quote from: nrico2006 on April 02, 2013, 11:51:39 AM
Journalists have little to be at, this season has been a very good o ne for United as they have romped away with the league.
Fooling no-one nrico. A few weeks ago the treble was on.

magpie seanie

Quote from: Tony Baloney on April 02, 2013, 01:52:48 PM

The treble was a possibility but I don't think anyone got too carried away with it. Would have liked to see the FA Cup added to the league this season to end the drought but to suggest it hasn't be a great season for United is just rubbish. 25 wins out of 30 in the league - never been done before I believe.

nrico2006

Quote from: Tony Baloney on April 02, 2013, 01:52:48 PM

Sure there was at least a treble on for every club in the EPL this season.  Will BR's 'project' be a failure as his Liverpool side will fail to win anything?

From the Bunker

Failure is when you don't improve on the previous year! Talk of trebles is for fantasy fans. Despite the burden of the Glaziers. Fergie continues to hold all the cards in the English game. God help us all if he had the freedom of the purse strings to the real Man Utd wealth.

orangeman

Becks is available  -

Former England captain David Beckham says he has not given up hope of playing for his country in the future.

The Paris St-Germain midfielder told CNN:  "I'm almost 38 so the chances are very slight, but you never know."

Beckham is England's most capped outfield player with 115 caps, but has not featured since October 2009.

"One of the reasons I never retired from the England team is because, if there's ever an opportunity to play for them again, I'm available," he said

EC Unique

Midfield creativity does continue to be a problem but yesterday UTD were unlucky. I think they created more chances up front but a combination of bad finishing (RVP) and brilliant saves from keeper (the Hernandez header) denied Utd. On another day 3 of their efforts would have went in.

All in all to win the league back in such dominant fashion is far from a bad season.

Looking forward to seeing who arrives in the summer to further strengthen.

laoislad

When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

gallsman

Quote from: nrico2006 on April 02, 2013, 01:37:31 PM
Quote from: ballinaman on April 02, 2013, 11:55:03 AM

United have been missing a real top quality midfielder for years now, Carrick isn't at that level and will never be.  Surely another summer won't pass without sorting this hole out.

I'm no fan, but Carrick has largely been exceptional for United this year.

snoopdog

Yes probably Carricks best season for the club. United need to sign midfielders in the summer. likes of Cleverley not up to scratch. Pity the season feels like its over even though we have yet to be crowned champions.
At start of season most united fans would have put getting our title back as no 1 priority. All but sealed. good season.

ross4life

Rafael,Carrick,Van Persie has been Uniteds best players this season all three will be on PFA team of the year or at least they should be. Very disappointing season for all the wingers Young,Valencia,Nani all of them could have offered so much more. Vidic as has made a huge difference to the defence this season great to see he recovered from his bad injury hopefully next season he'll be able to play in most of the games.
The key to success is to be consistently competitive -- if you bang on the door often it will open

ranch

If we're talking about the PFA team of the year then I'd have to go for:

De Gea
Pablo Zabaleta, Rio Ferdinand, A. Williams, L. Shaw
Carrick, Gerrard, Bale
Michu, Suarez
RVP

Harsh on Rafael but Zabaleta has had a great season.

Captain Obvious

No Ivanovic,Mata,Baines or Cazorla?