Man Utd Thread:

Started by full back, November 10, 2006, 08:13:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Geoff Tipps

Quote from: haveaharp on August 17, 2012, 04:21:38 PM
Clint Dempsey could be picked up handy enough if they were to go for him. Would he suit united ? Good player imho

Yeah he's a good player but hardly who Fergie is referring to. They don't need him anyways.

GalwayBayBoy

Quote from: haveaharp on August 17, 2012, 04:21:38 PM
Clint Dempsey could be picked up handy enough if they were to go for him. Would he suit united ? Good player imho

Hardly needed is he? United will have a hard enough time as it is giving the attacking players they do have enough gametime.

EC Unique

The player he has in mind has to be a defender IMO.

STREET FIGHTER

Quote from: EC Unique on August 17, 2012, 04:34:45 PM

Alex Song perhaps.

Can play 2 positions.

EC Unique

Quote from: STREET FIGHTER on August 17, 2012, 04:36:24 PM
Quote from: EC Unique on August 17, 2012, 04:34:45 PM

Alex Song perhaps.

Can play 2 positions.

He is away to Barca to sit on the bench.

under the bar

Hopefully its Baines or another LB, but with Vidic back at his best you could play any bob, dick or harry on the back-line such is his influence.   

gallsman

Quote from: under the bar on August 17, 2012, 10:23:23 PM
Hopefully its Baines or another LB, but with Vidic back at his best you could play any bob, dick or harry on the back-line such is his influence.

What if he shits himself at the sight of Torres again?

Minder

Quote from: under the bar on August 17, 2012, 10:23:23 PM

Like in the Champions League last year ?
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

orangeman

Mancini is some crack -

Roberto Mancini: Manchester United favourites for title

Manchester City manager Roberto Mancini says neighbours United are favourites to win the Premier League - because they have two of the best strikers.

The Red Devils have bought Robin van Persie from Arsenal for £24m and will pair him up front with Wayne Rooney.

"Van Persie was the best striker last year," Mancini said. "With Rooney they will have one of the best couple of strikers in the Premier League.

"I was serious last week when I said Manchester United were the favourites."

City won the title in thrilling fashion on the final day of last season - scoring twice in stoppage time against QPR to beat United to the trophy on goal difference.

It was the first time they had won the league title for 44 years, in contrast to the 11 times United have won the trophy since the Premier League's inception in 1992.

And Mancini believes that history and experience gives Sir Alex Ferguson's side the edge.

"They have been playing for the title every year for 20 years," he said. "We can't change this situation in one year.

"Any team that bought Van Persie would be better. I felt he was going to stay at Arsenal or sign for another team, but not us.

"We already have four strikers. It was impossible for us to sign another one."

Over the Bar

Ferdinand out for 2 months.  CB cover now a priority.  That fella Vermaalen would do since Arsensl are keen on selling atm.

From the Bunker

from Football365.com

FERGIE TO QUIT IN TWO YEARS

The Mail on Sunday sound pretty sure as they claim that 'Sir Alex Ferguson has planned his exit strategy from Manchester United and will quit in two years' time after building his last great team around Wayne Rooney and last week's £24million capture from Arsenal, Robin van Persie.'

They claim that Ferguson personally took it upon himself to complete a move for the Dutchman despite senior figures at the club baulking on a £64m outlay (in total) for a 29-year-old player.

They quote a 'source' saying: "Alex will only be manager for a couple more years so it was time the owners gave him what he wanted. That's Van Persie."

There's some suggestion that one more move will be made this summer, with the Glazers ready to back a move for Leighton Baines even though he is valued by Everton at an eye-watering £17m.

In other Manchester United 'news', the Sunday Mirror claims Sunderland are prepared to pay £5m for Dimitar Berbatov. Are they going to play him with Louis Saha? Lordy.

flantheman82

Kaka rumoured to be on his way to old Trafford as soon as modric completes his transfer.

flantheman82

Can't see it myself to be honest. Think he'll go back to a.c. Milan if anywhere.

Over the Bar

Don't need Kaka when we have Kagawa and Cleverly. We do need cover at FB and CB

stew

I'd say fergie is indeed succession planning at this stage, the lazy thinking would be that it is a shoe in that the special one is coming to town, my thought would be a home grown man to take charge like MON.

I will be surprised if he does not stay until RVP is done, or at least starts to fall off performance, this is his twilight years and a lot of fans will be glad to be shot of him because they equate him with being the driving force behind United, personally speaking, I think they will get it right and get the right man to replace him.

Best manager ever, Fergie, take a bow, horrible hoor but a shade above Busby, Fagan, Paisley and Shankley.

At least those men were likeable, Fergie is a polarizing figure!
Armagh, the one true love of a mans life.