Man Utd Thread:

Started by full back, November 10, 2006, 08:13:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ross4life

Quote from: From the Bunker on May 01, 2012, 06:10:33 PM
Quote from: ross4life on May 01, 2012, 05:56:05 PM
A strange season has almost reached it's conclusion. Looking back you could say the neighbours almost copied each other.

Champions league group stage knock outs.
Eliminated in the same round of the Europa league.
Early FA cup exits.
Both failed to reach the league cup final.
In the league both have the same amount of wins,draws,defeats & points

It's looks like City will win it now on goal difference & as SLIGONIAN said above you couldn't begrudge them after waiting 44yrs for the title but as the saying goes.. there's a thin line between success and failure

It's always seems a thin line when it's you first title in a long time. The thinnest of lines has surely to be Arsenals late second goal to win the title at Anfield in 1989. They won the title on Goals scored.
Indeed i watched that game live on ITV was a unreal way to win a title probably will never be matched.
The key to success is to be consistently competitive -- if you bang on the door often it will open

orangeman

I must say I find it really amusing just how fickle some supporters are.

A few weeks ago, 8 points up and cruising, Ferguson is a genius, the best manager that ever lived, the shrewdest, cutest manager of all time.

Now after United have conspired to throw away the title, he has to go, he's tactically unaware and too old.

Turth is he is a genious getting a woefully inept team to the place where they were and are now.

City with all their spending power should have won this league by 15 points. Instead they're going to scrape it on goal difference. City beat United by a single goal last night.

ziggy90

A strange season has almost reached it's conclusion. Looking back you could say the neighbours almost copied each other.

Early FA cup exits.

It's looks like City will win it now on goal difference & as SLIGONIAN said above you couldn't begrudge them after waiting 44yrs for the title but as the saying goes.. there's a thin line between success and failure

It's always seems a thin line when it's you first title in a long time. The thinnest of lines has surely to be Arsenals late second goal to win the title at Anfield in 1989. They won the title on Goals scored.

I think it was more or less the last kick of the game too. Was it Michael Thomas who scored?
Questions that shouldn't be asked shouldn't be answered

muppet

Quote from: ziggy90 on May 01, 2012, 07:14:24 PM

Early FA cup exits.

I think it was more or less the last kick of the game too. Was it Michael Thomas who scored?

This was better, and I'm an Arsenal fan.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KejwqhLDeOs&feature=relmfu
MWWSI 2017

Minder

I remember in the 90's a Deortivo La Coruna had a penalty with about 10 minutes to go to win the league and missed it.
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

EC Unique

Quote from: orangeman on May 01, 2012, 06:45:56 PM

A few weeks ago, 8 points up and cruising, Ferguson is a genius, the best manager that ever lived, the shrewdest, cutest manager of all time.

Now after United have conspired to throw away the title, he has to go, he's tactically unaware and too old.

Turth is he is a genious getting a woefully inept team to the place where they were and are now.

City with all their spending power should have won this league by 15 points. Instead they're going to scrape it on goal difference. City beat United by a single goal last night.

If fergie was managing city they would have won the league by 20 points.

EC Unique

Interesting facts:

Newcastle are unbeaten at home this year so far, and City, out of their 18 away games have only won 9.

Believe ;)

From the Bunker

The League is not lost yet, Don't discount a hammering of Swansea, regardless of Man City scraping past Newcastle.

Swansea have nothing to play for, the games is a home tie for United and they can score goals against the lesser sides. I can see a 5-0.

Problem is if Man City beat Newcastle, I can see them also hammer QPR at home.

Farrandeelin

Ah, hang on a minute, this is the same Newcastle who lost 4-0 to Wigan at the weekend. Terrible time to lose by that amount before playing city. I think city will get a win there and beat QPR at home too. Utd will have to score loads in each and Sunderland away will be tricky.
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

Orangemac

Quote from: From the Bunker on May 01, 2012, 09:19:30 PM
The League is not lost yet, Don't discount a hammering of Swansea, regardless of Man City scraping past Newcastle.

Swansea have nothing to play for, the games is a home tie for United and they can score goals against the lesser sides. I can see a 5-0.

Problem is even with a 5-0 win v Swansea and 2 1-0 wins for Man City, United would have to win 5-0 at Sunderland, ain't gonna happen.

Best chance for Utd is Newcastle getting some kind of result v City. Newcastle have a tough game at Chelsea tomorrow night which will not help Utds cause.

Farrandeelin

Perhaps, anyway laoislad, is 'LLHU' Laoislad hates United, Laoislad hates Ulster, or Love Liverpool, Hate United, or something else? I'm fascinated to find out! ;)
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

Captain Obvious

Quote from: Orangemac on May 01, 2012, 10:02:46 PM
Quote from: From the Bunker on May 01, 2012, 09:19:30 PM

Problem is even with a 5-0 win v Swansea and 2 1-0 wins for Man City, United would have to win 5-0 at Sunderland, ain't gonna happen.

Best chance for Utd is Newcastle getting some kind of result v City. Newcastle have a tough game at Chelsea tomorrow night which will not help Utds cause.
Manchester City will be fresher and i expect them to turn on the style vs Newcastle something like 0-3 i'd say.

screenexile

Quote from: orangeman on May 01, 2012, 06:45:56 PM

Ah orangeman that's a very innocuous statistic to be putting in there. City outplayed Man Ure in every department last night. Jesus Utd hardly got a shot on goal. Something they said on ESPN was about United lining out the same way they had for European Away games and last nights game panned out very much the same way Utds European season did!!

Still too close to call. A city win v Newcastle and it's all over imho.

gawa316

Some amount of reverse psychology going on, on this thread

norabeag

Quote from: gawa316 on May 02, 2012, 07:38:40 AM
Some amount of reverse psychology going on, on this thread
Spot on. Was talking to Fergie and the boys yesterday and they really do get affected by what is writen on GAA board. ;)