Man Utd Thread:

Started by full back, November 10, 2006, 08:13:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

nrico2006

Still don't understand why Valencia wasn't started last night, on top of that Park and Nani haven't played much recently.  As for Berbatov, he was given a bit of game time around December/January and scored alot of goals, think he has something like 7 goals in 11 league appearances this season.  So why is he not used?
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

NAG1

Poor to go down without so much as a fight last night, would have rathered Fergie came out and had a go at them from the word go with Valencia on the pitch. United have never been good at going and trying to get a draw it doesnt suit their style. Cant honestly see city faltering from here on in and after Newcastles last game, seems maybe they have the beach towels ready as well. Bad combo.

Bensars

Quote from: sammymaguire on May 01, 2012, 07:27:31 AM
Yaya like Vieira in his prime. United showed up for not having the kind of team who can get 4/5 players in the team of the season like City did... Still gonna be very interesting last two games as there will surely be some twists and turns left

Team of the season ?   They wouldnt have 4 or 5 in the team of Manchester !

Rooney,Vidic and Valencia  you could see in the city squad.  forget about the rest

EC Unique

A couple of weeks ago Fergie was a genius for having this weak Utd squad at the top of the league and now he is done and should be let go.

Will you boys ever learn. ::)

Bingo

Was surprised when I seen the United team. Scholes has been super since his return and alot of that is to do with the wide men he has in the side with him, he plays the ball early and simply, pulls the opposition around and the space opens up. Last night he had Carrick, Park and Giggs all standing round beside him, Rooney was marked by two centre backs, Nani was Nani when the pressure is on and the full backs where reluctant to get forward. Result was that United strengths were nullified.

City actually started very nervously and the first half hour was poor enough but United had nothing to offer. No shots on target in 90plus minutes was shocking in a title clash against your nearest and dearest.

Still for all that, it took one set play to separate the teams. I can see a few twists and turns in the title yet. I found the City players reaction telling after the whistle, while they were happy to win they weren't celebrating like it was the title in the bag, the supporters may have been. But the team seem focused on knowing it was part of the job done but more to do. The show boating was left to the fans, Liam Gallagher and Maradona.

Gazzler

Quote from: EC Unique on May 01, 2012, 09:28:00 AM
A couple of weeks ago Fergie was a genius for having this weak Utd squad at the top of the league and now he is done and should be let go.

Will you ever have an opinion that anyone cares about?

muppet

Quote from: EC Unique on October 03, 2011, 12:43:43 PM
Quote from: ONeill on October 02, 2011, 11:51:11 PM
It's meltdown all over the shop. This time last year Arsenal were looking good. In the title race, easing through the CL, Fabregas/Nasri/RVP firing on all cylinders...the Arsene project was heading towards some form of silvery vindication.

If Wenger can somehow managed to challenge for 4th (City, Utd and Chelsea are too strong) come March it'll be his greatest achievement.

With the form spurs and Liverpool are showing I really doubt Arsenal will get a sniff of 4th. Massive money needs spent and the type of players that are needed do not become available in January windows. Arsenal are this years Liverpool.
MWWSI 2017

johnneycool

Quote from: Bensars on May 01, 2012, 09:11:10 AM
Quote from: sammymaguire on May 01, 2012, 07:27:31 AM
Yaya like Vieira in his prime. United showed up for not having the kind of team who can get 4/5 players in the team of the season like City did... Still gonna be very interesting last two games as there will surely be some twists and turns left

Team of the season ?   They wouldnt have 4 or 5 in the team of Manchester !

Rooney,Vidic and Valencia  you could see in the city squad.  forget about the rest

Looked like Evans was taking the fall for the recent poor results and got chopped for last night.

Methinks Ferdinand is more of a liability now especially with Vidic not there to clean up his mess.

EC Unique

Evans is injured and would have been a cert to start.

SLIGONIAN

8pt lead with 6 games left, has there ever been such a turn around so close to the end...hard to believe, not over yet, but i dont think anyone could begrudge city after waiting 44yrs for the title.

I thought barry was unreal last night, he gets loads of stick and yaya has great straight line direct speed, carries into space all the time to give team a rest,
"hard work will always beat talent if talent doesn't work"

ziggy90

Quote from: Bingo on May 01, 2012, 09:55:14 AM
Was surprised when I seen the United team. Scholes has been super since his return and alot of that is to do with the wide men he has in the side with him, he plays the ball early and simply, pulls the opposition around and the space opens up. Last night he had Carrick, Park and Giggs all standing round beside him, Rooney was marked by two centre backs, Nani was Nani when the pressure is on and the full backs where reluctant to get forward. Result was that United strengths were nullified.

City actually started very nervously and the first half hour was poor enough but United had nothing to offer. No shots on target in 90plus minutes was shocking in a title clash against your nearest and dearest.

Still for all that, it took one set play to separate the teams. I can see a few twists and turns in the title yet. I found the City players reaction telling after the whistle, while they were happy to win they weren't celebrating like it was the title in the bag, the supporters may have been. But the team seem focused on knowing it was part of the job done but more to do. The show boating was left to the fans, Liam Gallagher and Maradona.

I would agree with most of that Bingo, but I do think it's City's to lose & I can't see them slipping up now. Btw I thought it was very insipid display from Utd, if I was a fan I'd be looking for a bit more aggression from the team. There also seems to be a serious lack of pace in that side.(Why weren't Young & Valencia starters?)
Questions that shouldn't be asked shouldn't be answered

Gazzler

Quote from: muppet on May 01, 2012, 11:16:44 AM

Quote from: EC Unique on October 03, 2011, 12:43:43 PM
Quote from: ONeill on October 02, 2011, 11:51:11 PM
It's meltdown all over the shop. This time last year Arsenal were looking good. In the title race, easing through the CL, Fabregas/Nasri/RVP firing on all cylinders...the Arsene project was heading towards some form of silvery vindication.

If Wenger can somehow managed to challenge for 4th (City, Utd and Chelsea are too strong) come March it'll be his greatest achievement.

With the form spurs and Liverpool are showing I really doubt Arsenal will get a sniff of 4th. Massive money needs spent and the type of players that are needed do not become available in January windows. Arsenal are this years Liverpool.

Owned!!!!

AZOffaly

Yes, Liverpool were this year's Liverpool :(

ross4life

A strange season has almost reached it's conclusion. Looking back you could say the neighbours almost copied each other.

Champions league group stage knock outs.
Eliminated in the same round of the Europa league.
Early FA cup exits.
Both failed to reach the league cup final.
In the league both have the same amount of wins,draws,defeats & points

It's looks like City will win it now on goal difference & as SLIGONIAN said above you couldn't begrudge them after waiting 44yrs for the title but as the saying goes.. there's a thin line between success and failure
The key to success is to be consistently competitive -- if you bang on the door often it will open

From the Bunker

Quote from: ross4life on May 01, 2012, 05:56:05 PM
A strange season has almost reached it's conclusion. Looking back you could say the neighbours almost copied each other.

Champions league group stage knock outs.
Eliminated in the same round of the Europa league.
Early FA cup exits.
Both failed to reach the league cup final.
In the league both have the same amount of wins,draws,defeats & points

It's looks like City will win it now on goal difference & as SLIGONIAN said above you couldn't begrudge them after waiting 44yrs for the title but as the saying goes.. there's a thin line between success and failure

It's always seems a thin line when it's you first title in a long time. The thinnest of lines has surely to be Arsenals late second goal to win the title at Anfield in 1989. They won the title on Goals scored.