Man Utd Thread:

Started by full back, November 10, 2006, 08:13:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Norf Tyrone

Quote from: nrico2006 on September 20, 2011, 02:10:38 PM
Anyone who thinks Ferdinand is over-rated is deluded.  Him and Vidic complement each other perfectly, with Ferdinand being a strong athlete and great ball player whereas Vidic is more in the old school mould of putting your body on the line at every opportunity.  Together they represent arguably the strongest centre back partnership in club football.  When has Ferdinand ever been really roasted in a game for United? 

Terry is a completely different player than Ferdinand, he is more like Vidic.  Over the past few years Chelsea were successful and strong at the back because they had a great balance with Carvalho and Terry.  This partnership worked as it had an atheltic ball player alongside a warrior - anyone who reckons Ferdinand or Terry are over-rated need their heads looked at.  Two of the few English players that could genuinely be labelled as world class and among the worlds best in their position over their career.

Agree. And that's what makes a good centre back pairing.

Jones and Smalling will replace Vidic and Ferdinand over time for that reason.
Owen Roe O'Neills GAC, Leckpatrick, Tyrone

under the bar

any decent sopcast streams for Leeds game?

Square Ball

Hospitals are not equipped to treat stupid

Square Ball

how the hell was that not a booking?

new devil

What a goal Micky O.... Giggsy controlling the game..I don't think diouf and machaeda are going to make it at united..I know they are being played out of position tonight but they must of give the ball away about 10 times already

Square Ball

Quote from: new devil on September 20, 2011, 08:20:18 PM
What a goal Micky O.... Giggsy controlling the game..I don't think diouf and machaeda are going to make it at united..I know they are being played out of position tonight but they must of give the ball away about 10 times already

Berb has done it a lot as well plus woosed out of a few tackles

Milltown Row2

None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

ross4life

3-0 up at HT away to Leeds with a patched up team that number 11 looks a good player.
The key to success is to be consistently competitive -- if you bang on the door often it will open

Square Ball

Quote from: ross4life on September 20, 2011, 08:35:24 PM
3-0 up at HT away to Leeds with a patched up team that number 11 looks a good player.

could go a long way in the game that young fella. he enjoyed that goal all right

magpie seanie

They might think twice about abusibg Giggs the next time he goes to take a corner! Its almost as if he took it personally. Nice to see the young lads doing the business.......oh wait a second!

ross4life

Quote from: Square Ball on September 20, 2011, 08:42:23 PM
Quote from: ross4life on September 20, 2011, 08:35:24 PM

could go a long way in the game that young fella. he enjoyed that goal all right
Fergie wasn't impressed took the young fella off at HT.
The key to success is to be consistently competitive -- if you bang on the door often it will open

midLouth

Dear enough central defence there now, Berba and Carrick!

Tony Baloney

United fans showing their true colours tonight.

EC Unique

Minder

@OliverKaytimes

If they hadn't sunk to the gutter with despicable chants about Leeds fans killed in Istanbul, I'd have been impressed by #MUFC fans tonight
TweetDeck • 20/09/2011 21:45
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"