Author Topic: Man Utd Thread:  (Read 3199968 times)

Cunny Funt

• View Profile
Re: Man Utd Thread:
« Reply #47610 on: November 07, 2019, 11:43:35 PM »
Job done in the group stages of EL by reaching the knockout stages with 2 games to spare. Not convinced if United are good enough to win the competition but a few decent signings in January might change that.

Tonights win could come at a cost if McTominay agurably Uniteds best player this season is out injured for a few games.

Boycey

• View Profile
« Reply #47611 on: November 10, 2019, 02:30:15 PM »
Rough mental arithmetic on my behalf but I reckon average age of todays team is about 23, I say we rarely ever had a Premier League team as young?

Cunny Funt

• View Profile
« Reply #47612 on: November 10, 2019, 05:47:56 PM »
Another home win with 3 goals scored both games United missed more chances than they scored. Back to back performances like that a rare sight for United nowadays. The return of Martial from injury is making a difference.

With Liverpool more or less wrapping the title up today and Leicester,Chelsea look good for top 4 finishes SKY and BT will be left to hype up the race to 5th.

Maroon Manc

• View Profile
« Reply #47613 on: November 11, 2019, 09:30:57 AM »
United were great to watch the last few days but both opponents came out to play football and attacked United but when a team like Bournemouth sit back and let United have the ball this is when United struggle as the player in a the primary position to create is well out of his depth, Pereira is nowhere near good enough to play that role; He's done ok when we've played against team that come out to play but when space is at a premium he doesn't have the skill level required to influence a game. United need Pogba back quickly as the role should suit him. Its good to see Fred improving but is going to have to do a lot more to convince me he has a long term future at United.

Rashford has been very good the last month, his finishing still needs work but he has 6 goals from his last 6 starts but it could comfortably been 10; He looks far more comfortable playing from the left and he has a fantastic work rate which is equally important in that role. The front 3 looks balanced with Martial looking a perfect foil for the James & Rashford but thats when there's more space. United's front 6 pick its self when everyone is fit but the lack of alternative options is worrying and is going to hurt United unless they buy in January, they don't necessarily need to buy there's several good players out there who'll be available on loan.