Author Topic: Man Utd Thread:  (Read 3011393 times)

Cunny Funt

• View Profile
Re: Man Utd Thread:
« Reply #46110 on: March 12, 2019, 01:50:43 PM »
Bale turns 30 next season is already showing signs of declining, is injury prone and would be on wages as high as Sanchez, So i don't see the sense of bringing him in and PSG will likely be eyeing him up especially if they sell both Neymar and Mbappe to Real Madrid. United would be better off signing someone like Jadon Sancho.

I think one big money centre back signing will made. The likes of Koulibaly,De Ligt should be top of the list.

NAG1

• View Profile
« Reply #46111 on: March 12, 2019, 02:21:41 PM »
Bale turns 30 next season is already showing signs of declining, is injury prone and would be on wages as high as Sanchez, So i don't see the sense of bringing him in and PSG will likely be eyeing him up especially if they sell both Neymar and Mbappe to Real Madrid. United would be better off signing someone like Jadon Sancho.

I think one big money centre back signing will made. The likes of Koulibaly,De Ligt should be top of the list.

Even two years ago I would have taken Bale, but just dont see the value in bringing him in at this stage either.

As MS said the squad isnt as bad as has been made to look under previous managers, but fact is they are short in a few areas of being top level. I dont think we need to tell Ole that as he will know better than most.

I expect a bit of a clear out along and a good few additions in the summer.

magpie seanie

• View Profile
« Reply #46112 on: March 12, 2019, 03:58:47 PM »
Bale is a player I've always wanted to come to United. I didn't realise he was now that age but he'd certainly contribute a lot more than Sanchez.

Maroon Manc

• View Profile
« Reply #46113 on: March 12, 2019, 04:25:19 PM »
Just think it might suit both players and both clubs, none of them can be happy at the moment. Neither club has a hope of shifting any player to another European Club with what their earning unless their allowed to leave for free. United need a right sided attacking player, might be a year too early for Sancho and United have 2 promising youngster who can play there so might just be the sensible option.

Boycey

• View Profile
« Reply #46114 on: March 12, 2019, 08:39:15 PM »
Just think it might suit both players and both clubs, none of them can be happy at the moment. Neither club has a hope of shifting any player to another European Club with what their earning unless their allowed to leave for free. United need a right sided attacking player, might be a year too early for Sancho and United have 2 promising youngster who can play there so might just be the sensible option.

Yup definitely works from that perspective. These things are usually paper talk but there might be milage in this one.

cadhlancian

• View Profile
« Reply #46115 on: March 13, 2019, 01:22:33 AM »
Lads , never mind about spending the money , you all seem to think that if the moneys there , Utd can buy whoever they want. If you don’t qualify for the Champions league , it will be hard to draw the quality of player required. City will spend again, as will Liverpool , and Arsenal you’d expect to improve in his second year. I’d imagine Spurs will spend money this summer, and tbh, if they’ve champions league football and Poch is still there, they’d have the leg up on Utd on certain players.
Chelsea , who f**king knows what will happen there.

screenexile

• Up The Screen!
    • View Profile
« Reply #46116 on: March 13, 2019, 08:16:26 AM »
Lads , never mind about spending the money , you all seem to think that if the moneys there , Utd can buy whoever they want. If you don’t qualify for the Champions league , it will be hard to draw the quality of player required. City will spend again, as will Liverpool , and Arsenal you’d expect to improve in his second year. I’d imagine Spurs will spend money this summer, and tbh, if they’ve champions league football and Poch is still there, they’d have the leg up on Utd on certain players.

Yeah but United though!!

nrico2006

• View Profile
« Reply #46117 on: March 13, 2019, 08:53:05 AM »

Nobody is going to Spurs ahead of United.  As for spending money this summer, Spurs will be lucky to spend £50 million given the stadium cost.
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

Bord na Mona man

• View Profile
    • Uibhfhaili.com
« Reply #46118 on: March 13, 2019, 03:49:40 PM »

Nobody is going to Spurs ahead of United. 
A player who wants half the wages might.

GJL

• View Profile
« Reply #46119 on: March 13, 2019, 11:49:02 PM »

Utd have proved before that they can sign big name players without champions league football. Though at this stage I'd still be quite hopeful they will be in it next season.

general

• View Profile
« Reply #46120 on: March 14, 2019, 10:59:13 AM »
Toby Alderweireld is available for £26m in the Summer - Utd Should be heading up the que for him.

Cunny Funt

• View Profile
« Reply #46121 on: March 15, 2019, 11:20:38 AM »
Shortest straw in a draw for Ole once again.

Boycey

• View Profile
« Reply #46122 on: March 15, 2019, 11:22:10 AM »
Barca in quarters, Liverpool in semis and City in final  8)

Maroon Manc

• View Profile
« Reply #46123 on: March 15, 2019, 11:29:36 AM »
Another tough draw, City again with a good draw. Don't think I've ever seen a team get as many easier draws as City have had this year.

I've seen very little of Barca this year although led to believe their not at the level as previous teams.

Norf Tyrone

• View Profile
« Reply #46124 on: March 15, 2019, 11:30:54 AM »
Another tough draw, City again with a good draw. Don't think I've ever seen a team get as many easier draws as City have had this year.

I've seen very little of Barca this year although led to believe their not at the level as previous teams.

City's draws in the league Cup were equally suspicious!
Owen Roe O'Neills GAC, Leckpatrick, Tyrone