Man Utd Thread:

Started by full back, November 10, 2006, 08:13:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Square Ball

the next two league games will have a massive impact on the league for us, Fulham on the 24th then Liverpool on the 3rd of March both are at 12:45 and are both away, Chelseas next leage game is on the 3rd of March at 17:15 away to Portsmouth, so we can be anywhere between 6 and 12 points clear when Chelsea play another league game, as I have said previouslt "Squeeky bum time"
Hospitals are not equipped to treat stupid

Redgreenery

Quote from: Square Ball on February 18, 2007, 12:06:03 AM
the next two league games will have a massive impact on the league for us, Fulham on the 24th then Liverpool on the 3rd of March both are at 12:45 and are both away, Chelseas next leage game is on the 3rd of March at 17:15 away to Portsmouth, so we can be anywhere between 6 and 12 points clear when Chelsea play another league game, as I have said previouslt "Squeeky bum time"

Are all those games on sky sports?

Square Ball

The Fulham and Chelsea are both on Sky sports, if you dont have them then no doubt they will be on the net.

full back

Quote from: Syd The Sailor on February 17, 2007, 10:16:18 PM
All computer users beware of a new virus known as the "Man Utd Virus" it develops a memory disorder and forgets everything that happened before 1993......

Sid, would prefer if you didnt enter this thread again, a complete waste of space

Syd The Sailor

Quote from: full back on February 19, 2007, 08:24:26 AM
Quote from: Syd The Sailor on February 17, 2007, 10:16:18 PM
All computer users beware of a new virus known as the "Man Utd Virus" it develops a memory disorder and forgets everything that happened before 1993......

Sid, would prefer if you didnt enter this thread again, a complete waste of space

I really have no interest in what you "prefer"......
"I coulda been a contender.....i could've been somebody"

magpie seanie

QuoteAll computer users beware of a new virus known as the "Man Utd Virus" it develops a memory disorder and forgets everything that happened before 1993......

Is that a bit like the Liverpool virus that forgets everything that happened since 1990 bar one blip in 2005?

Syd - you have nothing ta add here so run along before you get yourself banned.

Redgreenery

Louis Saha has admitted the desire to right the wrongs of the past three seasons will burn deep inside Manchester United at the Stade Felix-Bollaert on Tuesday night.
United tackle Lille looking to make the Champions League quarter-finals for the first time since 2003, when the Red Devils were turfed out by Real Madrid.

Since then, a miserable tale of European woe has included first knockout round defeats to FC Porto and AC Milan before a humiliating group stage exit 12 months ago.

The failure to beat, or even score, in two games against Tuesday's opponents was a major contributing factor to one of the most embarrassing European adventures of Sir Alex Ferguson's 20 years at Old Trafford.

And Saha has revealed the eagerness among his team-mates to ensure the Red Devils endure no repeat.

"There is a desire in the dressing room to put what happened in the last three years right," said the French forward.

"I am not going to say Lille didn't play well against us last year but the problem was more due to our performances.

"We should have done better in those two games against them because we were generally performing to a higher standard than we showed in those games.

"However, we are playing even better now, everyone is full of confidence and we do feel we have the potential to win the Champions League and people outside England feel that way too."

Six points clear of Chelsea in the Barclays Premiership and with the prospect of an FA Cup quarter-final trip to either Middlesbrough or West Brom if they can overcome Reading in a replay on February 27, United have every reason to feel confident as they approach the final three months of the campaign. 

In fact, conversation within the Old Trafford dressing room has even drifted towards the unprecedented 1999 treble-winning campaign, which the current Red Devils may yet emulate.

"We have to go for the whole lot," said Saha.

"When you think about the opportunity in front of us, it is amazing.

"We have been joking in the dressing room about 1999. It would be unbelievable to achieve it because what happened that year was incredible.

"We have put ourselves in a good position, but that is all it is at the moment and it is not enough."

After a spectacular start to the season, Saha should have been an automatic choice in Ferguson's starting line-up.

However, the arrival of Henrik Larsson from Helsingborg threatens to consign the Frenchman to the substitutes' bench. 

Larsson has already struck up a productive partnership with Wayne Rooney and, mindful of the veteran Swede's last game in the competition when he came off the bench to inspire Barcelona to their final victory over Arsenal in Paris last May, Ferguson may opt to start with the on-loan forward.

Despite complaining about the scheduling of Saturday's FA Cup tie, Ferguson is able to select from a full-strength squad, including first-choice keeper Edwin van der Sar, who has recovered from the broken nose he suffered at Tottenham Hotspur a fortnight ago.

It leaves the United camp confident of success, if a little wary of the opposition, who lost on home soil against Lyon on Friday.

For Saha, victory would take him another step closer to the meaningful silverware he so desperately craves.

Although he was selected above Ruud van Nistelrooy for last season's Carling Cup triumph over Wigan Athletic, Saha has otherwise been dogged by bad luck when it comes to major showpiece occasions.

Left out when Newcastle United lost to the Red Devils in the FA Cup final in 1999, Saha was cup-tied when United last won the competition four years later and injured again the following year when Ferguson's side were beaten by the Gunners on penalties at the Millennium Stadium.

Worst of all, the 28-year-old managed to get himself suspended from last year's World Cup final despite being largely restricted to minor appearances from the substitutes' bench as France were eventually defeated by Italy.

It adds up to a tale of frustration for the former Fulham man, something he is keen to end.

"I came here to win trophies," he said.

"That is what you are looking for when you sign for a big club like this.

"I did enjoy playing in the Carling Cup final last year but hopefully I will get even more chances in the future."

magpie seanie

I just hope to God he picks and sets the team up properly. He probably won't. Expect 5 across the middle and a borefest.

Armagh4SamAgain

They should just go for it!! 4 4c 2 & a 3-0 win.
'We just go out to play our football and let the critics say what they want. They usually do anyway"

The Truth

I wonder will fatarse Rooney end his Euro drought tonight, 16 games i think it is, value for money indeed.....
"We serve neither King nor Kaiser"

Spiritof98

Quote from: magpie seanie on February 20, 2007, 03:24:08 PM
I just hope to God he picks and sets the team up properly. He probably won't. Expect 5 across the middle and a borefest.

I love your enthusiasm Seany ;)

But you've called it right before and I suspect the same thing tonight, but wee live in hope. :-\ :-\

Fancy a nil-nil myself!
I'll go back if Marsdens back

Square Ball

heganboy

just watched that- and how much trouble are lille in? As a Liverpool fan the goal was good- whistle was blown...
crowd throwing stuff at Neville - while understandable could get the club into big trouble, and as for the manager trying to take the players off the field.
Wonder what UEFA will say?
Never underestimate the predictability of stupidity

Redgreenery

Some last 10 mins. Thrilled Utd won and it was a fair taken free as the ref walked away!! Their'll probably be alot of contravercy about the ref but he was good enough made some wrong decisions such as when Utd should have had a penalty when there was a handball in the box!!
Utd played fairly average and it was a no-action first half. Ronaldo was crap gave away the ball way too many times!!
Would expect Utd to win at home now.

An Fear Rua

Id be more interested to see if the fuckwits at the English FA will for once stand up for the people who go these games.
Didnt any of these c***ts learn from Hillboro?? Lad and his dad smashed over the head with Batons for trying to escape a crush.
Its Grim up North